PDA

View Full Version : Channel editor required for 0.9.2371

Welshman
04-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi all, does anyone have a channel editor for 0.9.2371 Telsat's AZBoxEdit v.9.7b no longer works with this firmware, I can download ok from the box ok, but it will not upload, a message keeps flashing saying login over and over again.

Regards, Welshman..

hanswurscht
04-07-2009, 06:04 PM
you can upload, but..... there is a Trick.
Open your Files and press now fast upload to Box,bevor the Files are shown on PC...and voila, it works

valerica
04-07-2009, 06:26 PM
No need for any trick ; by default there's no pass on new s/w .
More here : https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=111756#11

Cheers ,
Val .

pr2
04-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Hello,

Simply telnet to the Azbox and type passwd to set a password.

AzboxEdit is unable to connect to the Azbox when there is no default password set and it is the case with firmware 0.9.2371

Pr2

hanswurscht
04-07-2009, 07:02 PM
No need for any trick ; by default there's no pass on new s/w .
More here : https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=111756#11

Cheers ,
Val .

It has nothing to do with the set Password. It works also not if it is set, and thats the Problem Welshman has.

If you are lucky AZedit transfer the Data from 100 Try maybe one Time. It always works, if you push the Transfer Button bevor Data is seen.

It stays only on Connect, no Login is coming, but the Data is correct, and only one Profile. So there is a Bug in the Tool with connecting

Welshman
04-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi all, It's not a password issue, I aleady have the password set to azbox, I can ftp files to and from the box ok and I have got the username and password set in AZBoxedit, have any of you managed to use the channel editor with this firmware?

I need to get this working for my friend who has just bought the AZBox HD in the USA, the only workaround I could come up with was to flash the box with an older version of the firmware that used to work ok for me and the re-flash with the latest.

Regards..

The above post was being sent as I entered this one...

valerica
04-07-2009, 07:24 PM
I performed many modif. in my settings with the latest 2371 . Here's how I do : open editor , download settings from receiver , perform modif. and save them . Close editor , reopen it , load previous saved settings , upload to rec. & wait 4 automatic reboot . Worked every time , not 1 single hickup ever .

Cheers ,
Val .

Welshman
04-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Hi all,
The three files that AZBoxedit uses are ---
all_channel.dat,
antenna_list.dat and
DVBS.dat
I can alter the files in AZBoxedit and save them to the computer, I know that the reside in /DISK2 in the AZBox so could I just ftp the altered file to the the box? if so is there any difference between the Premium and the Elite directory structure as I have the Premium and my friend has the Elite..

I have just seen the post from Valerica, I will try that later when my friend gets home from their July 4 thingy..

Welshman
05-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Hi all, after chatting to the author of the AZBoxedit program in another forum he discoverd that the problem was the password after all, although my FTP program was logging ok with azbox as the password it looks like it wasn't setup properly.

All you have to do is telnet in and use the passwd command (as previosly stated by others in this thread):respect-050: and the program works every time.

Regards, Welshman..

goran
05-07-2009, 12:21 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=111929 - post no. 9... not to have to write it all... all over again... ;) :)

Welshman
05-07-2009, 12:39 PM
@Goran,
I have used that method and of course it requires an extra stage i.e. Launch AZBoxEdit load your files, do the modifs, exit then run your ftp program and copy the files over.

As long as you telnet to the box and reset the password, AZBoxEdit works ok now.

Regards, Welshman.

iko
05-07-2009, 07:14 PM
it works 100% ok here ;)
there must be something wrong with your setup have you set network options on azbox also reinstall azedit may help
that happened to me because of password problem once I've set the password works cool

Welshman
05-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi iko, if you look at post #9 on this thread you will see that I already have it working 100%.

In post #11 I was just telling Goron some info about what he had been helping me with before.

Regards..

iko
05-07-2009, 08:10 PM
sorry dude
glad you've sorted ;)

Taykun
12-07-2009, 08:35 PM
we got new editor...

When i want to copy one bouquet from list x to list y it doesnt copy correctly. Instead proper channel names there is "IME" on all channels.

This should be fixed.

pr2
12-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Hello,

please report the AZboxEditor bugs on their own forum too:

http://www.azbox4yu.com/

Pr2

goran
12-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Doing it here, no need - the nature of internet... all is "here"... :)

Aragos
16-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Is there a way to sort your channels in a bouquet in alphabetic order?

It seems this editor can't do it. :frown:

goran
16-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Click above the channel list [SERVICE] in any category.... It will change from A-Z to Z-A...;)

Aragos
16-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Click above the channel list [SERVICE] in any category.... It will change from A-Z to Z-A...;)

Yes, but that works only on the left side. It doesn't work in the "User Bouquet details" and I asked for this feature for bouquets. ;)

goran
16-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Red button on your remote, when you're in the Fav list.

pr2
16-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Yes and be carefull that if you press the red button in one favorite it will stay sorted alphabetically!
So pressing the yellow (if I right) to have default view won't restaure the initial order.

So make a channel_list backup on your PC before using this function, if you have already familiar with your own favorite order and want to keep it.

I already escalate this problem.

Pr2

Aragos
16-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Remote? - I'm talking about the channel editor for PC. ;)

I know you can do it on Azbox but I wanted to edit my channels on PC.
So does it mean the channel editor can't do it?

And is the only way to get the FAVs in alphabetic order to sort the channels with the red button on the Azbox and transfer the channel list to PC?

pr2
16-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Hello,

Yes if you sort it on the Azbox and then transfert it to the Channel Editor I think it will be sorted alphabetically.

Pr2