PDA

View Full Version : Damn!

doubleudee
05-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Moteck V Box not responding to remote control, (brand new from sponsors) can't lock sats in so will have to wait for replacement.
:mad:
No his fault, but mad just the same.
Contacted him, and waiting for a reply, probably won't be till tomorrow though.

ian
05-07-2009, 11:49 AM
have you put the batteries in mate? lol

heres a tip for you to check to see if an infa red signal is being sent from the remote.
look at the remote through your mobile phones camera as you are pressing a button and you will then be able to see the infa red signals as they are sent.

also,try reseting it using a pin in the reset button.
also i could be wrong about E2 images not being able to program the vbox for the first time.E1 does it easily,so perhaps the later images have moved on a bit and can now do it too.so its worth a try to program it with the dreambox remote from the positioner setup page.ian.

Burnham
05-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Have you tried setting the v-Box using your DM8000? I know the v-Box will respond to DM500 dish setting commands.

Not a long term solution, but you can start testing.

ian
05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Have you tried setting the v-Box using your DM8000? I know the v-Box will respond to DM500 dish setting commands.

Not a long term solution, but you can start testing.

this is the problem burnham mate.

the 500 uses E1 but the 8000 uses E2 and im not sure if you can setup a vbox for the first time from an E2 image.you couldnt do it for sure up to about 6 months ago,but it is possible that the images have now moved on to enable you to do this.E1 sets up the vbox for the first time without any issues at all,but i dont know about E2.ian.

doubleudee
05-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Batteries?
Where do they go in then?

Checked with camera, most buttons not working, even the power button not working, the no. 8 works though - whoopee,
Doh, store button don't work either, so can't name all sats no 8. lol.

ian
05-07-2009, 01:59 PM
doubleudee

where abouts are you mate?
if you are any where near warrington,you can always come and borrow my vbox remote.
its horrid having a new toy and not being able to play with it.ian.

doubleudee
05-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the offer ian m8, but I'm about as close to you as London is to Paignton.

lol, I'm just gonna have to do some more reading up on this box as it's my first db.

doubleudee
05-07-2009, 02:47 PM
While we got a thread going, why do peeps say NOT to use your HDD for Barry Allen? as mine is on there at mo and seems to be OK.

oldfart
05-07-2009, 03:59 PM
While we got a thread going, why do peeps say NOT to use your HDD for Barry Allen? as mine is on there at mo and seems to be OK.

Does BA respond to the remote buttons (up & down)?

doubleudee
05-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Does BA respond to the remote buttons (up & down)?

Well, I press Blue buton on dm8k remote, then I get a menu, which BA is one of the choices,
Then I select that one, and another menu pops up with picture of Flasman (BA?) , I can scroll up and down that menu using remote and select any of the choices e.g if i choose '****** for images at /MB_Images' I then get another menu which I can choose anything from, e.g the top one is 'list nfi images at /MB_Images'

Is that OK?

****** = w i z a rd

oldfart
05-07-2009, 05:00 PM
NO - can you select which image to boot from when you power up the box?

doubleudee
05-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Do you mean from cold boot? switching off at back of box, or just switching on at front?

oldfart
05-07-2009, 10:26 PM
switch the power off and back on (with the switch at the back) - its the only way that BA boots so you can select which image to load. If BA is loaded onto the HDD you will probably find that you can't select which image to boot from using the remote control.

doubleudee
06-07-2009, 06:03 AM
OK, will check that out when I get home from work tonight.

Cheers