PDA

View Full Version : Newbie frustration

alvie1974
07-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I have just purchased a DM8000 and could do with some help with iniatial set up, i have purchased card sharing but am having trouble with the cccam.config, i am sure i am doing something stupid, can anybody help?

I have read tuttorial 16 times and cannot get it to work. i would also like to download and install good bouquet relating to subscription.

xanadu
07-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Why post in Azbox HD forum if your Q is about DM8000?

radioboy
07-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Not a lot of hope for him if he cant post in the right section...:beatdeadhorse5:..LOL..

Rad.

Welshman
07-07-2009, 12:21 PM
I have just purchased a DM8000 and could do with some help with iniatial set up, i have purchased card sharing but am having trouble with the cccam.config, i am sure i am doing something stupid, can anybody help?

I have read tuttorial 16 times and cannot get it to work. i would also like to download and install good bouquet relating to subscription.

Hi Alvie, you need to post your message in the Dreambox section of this forum, you will get more help there.

Regards..
PS come on guys, we all had to learn at one time:respect-054:

sami8519
07-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Not a lot of hope for him if he cant post in the right section...:beatdeadhorse5:..LOL..

Rad.

Not a good reply at all.

goran
07-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Oh, come on: it's his very first post. Besides, it's a sheer compliment to this section's vibrant culture and intense mutual help...:001_302: Just look at all those threads starting with "How to..." and "Help, I'm in trouble, being a newbie" and loads detailed responses...:cup-006:

So, DMM fans are drooling over this community....:biggrinjester: that's all!!!:respect-013::respect-applause-00:respect-059:

:congratulations-008 - you're in a good secion! Now you need an AZbox HD, m8...:coolgleamA:

iko
07-07-2009, 01:20 PM
yes You need Azbox HD :)
Post me your DM8000 and I do accept to post you a nice Azbox HD in the shrink pack even 2xAzbox HD :) no problem at all LOL
And Then You can post your Questions HEre :D

goran
07-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Oi, iko, don't profiteer now!!!!:rolleyes::svengo:

1 DM8000HD = 3 AZbox HD Premium nowadays!!!:respect-069:

And you can go for a nice meal, with a GF... and the exhanger and his GF, too...:respect-056::party::sifone:

oldfart
07-07-2009, 03:44 PM

Your 'provider' should give you the lines to put into config file - simple as that.

alvie1974
07-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Could really do with some expert.
Any professional close to Billericay, Es***? somebody that could set up box, optimise software a user settings, and give support as and when would be appreciated. Will pay top rates to the right person!

sonic1
07-07-2009, 07:27 PM
That's not the way to use a Dreambox m8, you have to get some sort of understanding.

I could do all you want without going to your house but that nit the way to learn.

You need to walk before you can run.

Step 1 load and image and I would suggest Nabilo BH0.11 direct into your flash.

Do this and let me know when you have done it.

alvie1974
07-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Dreambox came with blackhole and Nablo already installed.

I have managed to update my cccam.config and now have opened encrypted channels.

the problem i had was altering the first line in my cccam.config file on Dcc and it not changing on my box, thats the bit that i couldnt get my head around. i followed the suppliers instructions, but dont understand press the blue once, and green twice?

I managed to get it working by restoring the Dm via the nablo manager, not sure if its the right way but it worked.

I would like to install a bouquet to suit my active channel line up, perhaps even a HD line up, dont know where to start looking let alone loading.

I have used a dm500 the last 6 months, this was installed and supported by a guy in south london, up to the point when it started failing. the guy stopped answering the phone.

So here i am, DM8000 hd and very little idea what to do!

Can you help?

sonic1
07-07-2009, 09:03 PM
What package do you need settings for ?

I am still amazed you would by a DM8000 and not want to learn how to use it

All the info and help you would ever need is here on this board.

Spend some time reading what has already been posted.

oldfart
07-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Don't panic.
Try to go 1 step at a time - we have all been there!!! (Trust me, I've re-set my box more times than youv'e had hot dinners!)
When you hit 1 problem - ask, and don't proceed 'till you understand.
Then carry on.
So .. bouquets .. use DreamBoxEdit.exe - that's step1.

selobaba
09-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Moved from the AZBox section to the correct section.
Hi guvnor how can I start the new thread?
:)

goran
09-07-2009, 10:34 PM
"New Thread" button usually works... [Oh, c'mon, guv, you can do better than that... :D That's a funny Q!!! :)]

selobaba
09-07-2009, 10:47 PM
"New Thread" button usually works... [Oh, c'mon, guv, you can do better than that... :D That's a funny Q!!! :)]

Goran I honestly didn't know :sifone::ack2: