PDA

View Full Version : Internet connetion

GARTCOSH
10-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi do any of you have any problems in your internet going down from time to time when you use your Dm800 ?:confused:

sonic1
10-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Never loose connection at all, you don't say what your set up is though bud ?

veron57
11-07-2009, 12:54 AM
If there are any internet drops it is down to the ISP or router for me. I have found the dm800 to be very reliable.

Giga
11-07-2009, 06:56 AM
if you have router/modem issues (lossing internet & leaving it on 24/24) sometimes the router/modem hangs, to avoid this problem. I put a timer on the mains and have a daily disconnect for 5 minutes early in the morning at 4:oo am. The disconnect is on the modem and the ethernetswitch, since doing it like this, the internet connection stays uninterrupted, the odd occasion not included (like attack on ip-address). some routers or modems do have an auto(re)connect feature, that should be set (provider login password)

veron57
11-07-2009, 05:15 PM
I would recommend upgrading your router firmware to the latest version.
Next time you notice an internet drop out, check if your PC is still able to get online to work out if its your ISP/Router/Modem or the dm800.

kemik
13-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi do any of you have any problems in your internet going down from time to time when you use your Dm800 ?:confused:

Funny you should mention it but I too have noticed over the last week that mine has started to do this but I've not had time to really check out what the cause was.

I suspect it might be something to do with the DM800 only that I have a number of internet connected devices on 24/7 that haven't shown connection loss in the same way the DM800 has.

Don't know if its relevant but I've recently upgraded to the latest drivers. Did they include any changes to the NIC drivers?

GARTCOSH
13-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks to all that took time to reply i did have a Belkin n1 rooter i am trying a basic Belkin G seems to be ok at the moment

canthackit
14-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Yep got a Belkin N router myself.

i had problems as well, but once i got it configured properly and let it settle down it's really something special, really the fastest securist router i've ever had.

i really recomend you persevere with it you wont regret it in the long run.

regards: canthackit