PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased a Axbox Premium!

PieFacE
12-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi all!

Currently an owner of the DM800, but little things about it are really annoying me, so i've decided to put it on **** and i've just purchased an Azbox!:woot-035:

Hopefully i'll be getting it early next week, is there anything specific i need to know about this box? I presume it's different to the DM where you don't put custom images on you just update the firmware?

Also, being a Cccam user, how easy is it to get the Cccam plug in working correctly?

Have i done the right thing by migrating to the Azbox? :king-042:

Can't wait to start playing....

sonic1
12-07-2009, 01:19 PM
As long as you can live with just one C line in CCcam and more beta development than your Dreambox then it should be fine.

I have to ask though what you don't like about your DM800 ?

PieFacE
12-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Yeah one Cline is fine!:D

Well, i saw a video of the GUI and Menu Selections on the Azbox, and it looks superior to the DM. Also i like the fact it can play DivXs using Samba, Was having loads of problems using VLC player on the DM800. Also... i don't know whether it's just my DM, or everyone's.... but i often boot it, and i get no picture as the tuner doesn't boot correctly. So i have to keep rebooting it till it eventually works....

I just really like the look of this box too! 1080p is a massive bonus!

paul01609
12-07-2009, 02:29 PM
i did the same m8 sold the 800hd and got azbox,im using my 500s clone as a server

PieFacE
12-07-2009, 02:44 PM
i did the same m8 sold the 800hd and got azbox,im using my 500s clone as a server

Was it a good move?

paul01609
12-07-2009, 02:45 PM
happy so far m8 but remeber its still in beta hope new stuff comes very soon :)

MACA1965
12-07-2009, 03:40 PM
I think you made a big mistake.

sami8519
12-07-2009, 04:43 PM

Well, you dont know, may be the company is going to fix all bugs and make the DVB-S2 tuners available.:rolleyes:

Friendly-Face
12-07-2009, 05:32 PM

can you write a bitt more why he did a mistake ?
can you give any good reasons for you,r comments.

i will say the oposite mate, he did the right thing, DM 800 is the worst receiver i even have buyed , very buggy, very hot all the time, must reboot all the time , at list i had to do with mine.

I have Azbox HD both elite and premium, and i will tell you that the box is much more better than DM 800, even that azbox hd is in beta stage yet.
the GUI looks much much beter and the box is stable to be beta stage.

i have had DM boxes since the day the come out, but now i have moved on
and this has been the best move so far by me in 18 years as satellite hobisst, has given me the opputunity to test other boxes and beggin to lear a bitt more.

I will say as long as you are not into CCcam , CS, and pirate ways of veiwing tv, then AzBox HD is a killer box for so little money.

what can DM do more that Azbox HD??

to the thread starter, i think you have done a good move , just wait til you gett the box and you will see for you,r self.

Keano
12-07-2009, 06:00 PM
I have to agree, I bought the dm800 as soon as it was out from Germany. I sold it 2 months later !

It was very buggy and the worst thing was this constant TUNE ERROR message you get when you first turn box on or zap different sats.

I am now using Octagon 918 HD which with latest software has CCcam working great on it.

I also have ipbox working perfect with IncubusCamd.

Technomate 9100super is running CCcam with my cards and all is good.

The build quality of the dm800 is poor also. It also got very hot and burnt a nice square mark on the side draws in the bedroom. Wife went ape, £1600 for two solid sets of draws and one thanks to dm now has a 8 inch square burn mark on it.

iko
12-07-2009, 06:22 PM
apart from CS part AZbox is Far better Receiver by every aspect ;)
But DM for perfect CS ;)

FME_fta
12-07-2009, 07:20 PM
You guys talk as CS was just CCcam.

I couldn't care less about CCcam, I have a DM500 for that.
I use Mbox in my Azbox HD and it runs perfect so far.

chrisuk76
12-07-2009, 08:11 PM
CCcam will work fine on AZBox, will it not?

PieFacE
12-07-2009, 08:22 PM
I hope so....

CROSSBONES
12-07-2009, 08:36 PM
The 800 has had a lot of updates recently.

I think if the AZ box has the same support as the 800, then it will be in with

a chance of overtaking the 800.

Its early days for the AZ box.

You have to remember that the 800 is still undergoing development.

A receiver is only as good as the support it gets:respect-037:

rubberpants7
12-07-2009, 08:47 PM
get a kathrein better quality picture

iko
12-07-2009, 09:16 PM
support ?
only if opensat do something if not no chance for support !!!
no news about cccam we don't even know if the ripper still work on it or gave up!!!
with no open source I'm not expecting a support no where near of the Dm boxes...
And only 1cline support started to annoying me cos I have 10clines and using 1 of them takes off 90% of the packs from me...

chrisuk76
12-07-2009, 11:14 PM
support ?
only if opensat do something if not no chance for support !!!
no news about cccam we don't even know if the ripper still work on it or gave up!!!
with no open source I'm not expecting a support no where near of the Dm boxes...
And only 1cline support started to annoying me cos I have 10clines and using 1 of them takes off 90% of the packs from me...

This is what is worrying me, we could all the be shelling out £309 and it falls flat on its face with no support.

But I'm gonna get one anyway in the hope that it gets all the support it needs.

tinos
12-07-2009, 11:41 PM
get a kathrein better quality picture

But only with original firmware... very bad support. With E2 images PQ is not so good and crashes all the time. Kathrein is very memory limited (swap to USB is unstable).

.avi PQ on Kathrein is the worst... like a i386 old times without much quality at all... on AzBox PQ is excellent!

tinos
12-07-2009, 11:48 PM

Seems ripper had issues with his HDD and lost PC access for 1 week... now he is back... hope he had good time to think about new cool stuff.

clines are tested up to 10 during beta if I remember it correctly so probably will get to it one day when it works stable. I am not worried.

I would worry more about server side of CCC or getting the firmware working without limited speed or bitrates... and recording correctly like a real pvr with epg. Those are the weak spots on AzBox.

Multimedia rocks and HD 422 feeds is something really unique... :cup-006:

happyhammer
13-07-2009, 08:27 AM
This is what is worrying me, we could all the be shelling out £309 and it falls flat on its face with no support.

But I'm gonna get one anyway in the hope that it gets all the support it needs.

these boxes are getting more and more popular. The more sales, the more support will come.

geezerpl
13-07-2009, 01:45 PM
apart from CS part AZbox is Far better Receiver by every aspect ;)
But DM for perfect CS ;)

Struggled with DM800 for over 2 weeks.
Only CCCam i gbox worked OK. Never managed to properly setup newcs, mgcamd, camd3.
Poor media player, posh dreambox :001_07:

iko
13-07-2009, 02:04 PM
these boxes are getting more and more popular. The more sales, the more support will come.

Not really ;)
Because Buyers not able to work on the Box it's not open source :coolgleamA:

MACA1965
13-07-2009, 07:04 PM
aam sick and tired of some unesesery plugins a need just cccam with multi lines

xanadu
13-07-2009, 07:10 PM
aam sick and tired of some unesesery plugins a need just cccam with multi lines

I am the opposite to you and probably not the only one that is not bothered about cccam.

I love the new webcam, weather and google maps plugins. :respect-040:

iko
13-07-2009, 07:57 PM
I am the opposite to you and probably not the only one that is not bothered about cccam.

I love the new webcam, weather and google maps plugins. :respect-040:

come on,,, first purpose to buy that box to watching telly ;) not checking the weather LOL
I do agree, we need multicline support please
I'vr adviced too many people to buy this box and these guys even start to get angry to me ,they ask where is the multicline etc. Obviously no answer...
so please PLs PLs at least give us the first beta multicline cccam if there is one ...

xanadu
13-07-2009, 08:06 PM
come on,,, first purpose to buy that box to watching telly ;) not checking the weather LOL

I use my phone to check the news and weather more than I make phone calls, so I was not joking.

Can we have a News Headines plugin please?

pr2
13-07-2009, 08:22 PM
I use my phone to check the news and weather more than I make phone calls, so I was not joking.

Can we have a News Headines plugin please?

No problem you have it use the RSS reader.

xanadu
13-07-2009, 08:30 PM
No problem you have it use the RSS reader.

Not tried that yet.

I only get weekends at the moment to properly play.

iko
13-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Cool :)
enjoy
we may see azbox that installed into the cars, connected to the 7" LCD screen :D
p.s Google maps :D

FME_fta
13-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Cool :)
enjoy
we may see azbox that installed into the cars, connected to the 7" LCD screen :D
p.s Google maps :D

It could be possible with a GPS antena through USB and a 12V DC -->230V AC converter.

But a small PC would be better, cheaper and much more powerfull for a carputer.

Regards!

xanadu
13-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Well, I saw a Landrover with a BAE systems dish on the roof today.

Maybe he had a Azbox HD in there?

iko
13-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Lol guys you are great :D
ok ok ok I don't want multiclient cccam anymore :D
bring more plug-ins&games
snake
tetris
stress meter
etc.
etc.
:D
Regards to Portugal!!!

kebien
14-07-2009, 12:59 AM
NeotionBox

Now tell us how you REALLY!! feel

he he

iko
14-07-2009, 03:33 AM
@NeotionBox
I know It's not always easy to hear the Downside of something you love but after 2 silent week you should expect some questions about cccam !
You were the only person talking who 100% sure that Cccam was going to work perfectly Where the Ripper was Accepted that he hasn't got the full source code of the cccam!
So please Be realistic...
There is nothing wrong here... so calm down ,as you can see no mod or Admin agree with you about your own Terrorism Theories...
Keep watching me but please do Not make cheap shots here cos thats not really nice and kind to tell someone that you gonna buy their boxes etc....
I'm the person here and there always try to help and give advices to the beginners...(I'm a Mod. on two Really Good Turkish Forums)
It's really shame and dissapointing to See Someone who suppose to Help us with his/her knowladge is only wasting his time to write that unkind ,rude and unfortunute text...
I know Neotionbox has good connections with Forum Owners and this probably will be my Last message so
Please Take care yourself Guys ;)

pr2
14-07-2009, 08:39 AM
OK,

I think the the wish list for CCcam on Azbox will be (probably in this order):

- Multi C-Line
- Server support
- Priority list
- telnet support
- http support
- Connection to NewCS
- Connection to Gb*x
- Connection to Camd3

In fact they want the full CCcam support...

So Neotionbox be sure that they will always find something to ask...
I am bit like you, tired of reading always the same complaints, that's why I stop providing information about this subject. But here I can't resist to make some kind oh humour... :p

Pr2

goran
14-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Satpimps is NOT like azbox4yu:smash: - that's for sure, iko!!!;)

You are a bit OTT in terms of whining but NOT to be banned, FFS!!!!:smilielol5: Not on Satpimps, that is!!!!:sifone: Now, on azbox4yu - that's another story... :rolleyes: But NOT here!!! :respect-050:

This great board has been going on for donkeys years:respect-023::respect-051::champion-018: and has the capacity and self-confidence to absorb some criticism, here and there!!! Chillax!!!:party:

tinos
14-07-2009, 09:10 AM
More logical order would be like this:

- Priority Support
- Multi C Lines
- Newcamd Support
- Server Functionality
- Web Info

Hope one day we get at least the first four... the last one is cosmetic. Could be done with external tools to /tmp info files.

sami8519
14-07-2009, 09:20 AM
With the CCcamServChanger plugin made by Kabner_Kav you are like having multi-cline support. I am more annoyed about other bugs like Subtitle, EPG,wireless, Playing formats like WMA or WMV, slow internet browser, no replay function in youtubes or HD ...etc.

PieFacE
14-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Back to the original topic....

I got my box today! :hurray:

Looks ace, much better build quality then DM! :bow-004:

Wanna leave work early and go home and play now!

PieFacE
14-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Okay

I'm a little confused...

Everything i read kinda points at downloading OpenXCAS...

To which supposedly, you go to plug ins and add plug in, i do this... and i get a couple of links, but no OpenXCAS....

Am i just being really stupid here?

the links i can get in say azupd>com and consist of mwkeytest and BISS...

Am i doing somethin wrong?

FME_fta
14-07-2009, 08:30 PM
You need to change one of the URLs to azboxworld.com
here you can install OpenXCAS or OpenXCAS2, just install OpenXCAS.
After OpenXCAS have been installed enter it and choose Manual Install.
Use one of the links to download one of the availables SoftCAMs.

Or just copy the softcam folder to /EMU/OpenXCAS/ through FTP and configure it.

Good luck!

PieFacE
14-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanking you!

Work a treat!

My other nooby question is...

Is there any specific port you need to use for FTP to the Azbox?

Thanks

xanadu
14-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Port 21 is default using Filezilla and works fine.

PieFacE
14-07-2009, 08:53 PM
haha.. thanks!

Helps if you actually enable FTP in settings :respect-001:

Right, now to tackle Cccam... :D

xanadu
14-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Yes,

We all learn everyday with this new box. :D

PieFacE
14-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Is anyone aware of a bug/problem when connecting to PCs on your network via Samba to play Movie files?

Seems when i connect to an XP machine and go into a folder with .avi files, it sees them and plays them fine...

But when i connect to a Vista machine, and go into a folder with media, it's blank....

Anyone else seeing this?

xanadu
14-07-2009, 10:54 PM
This has been mentioned before.....

Did you allow Vista to share the folder?

PieFacE
14-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah Vista is fully sharing with no restrictions ( unless something is hidden ).

No matter what folder i share, it seems to be empty...:07:

pr2
14-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Yeah Vista is fully sharing with no restrictions ( unless something is hidden ).

No matter what folder i share, it seems to be empty...:07:

Yes there is hidden stuff, I don't use Vista myself (I hate it) but many people report that they are unable to find how to create an anonymous (guest) share on Vista.
Vista doesn't allow you to share anonymously easily.
Don't forget to also set the right NTFS permission on the file and not only on the share.

I think that you should google about this Vista everybody or anonymous access right.

PieFacE
14-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Thank you to everyone who's helping!

I really appreciate it!

Will give this a bash now! :woot-035:

goran
15-07-2009, 03:26 AM
That's not difficult at all!

Getting every file you want shared IS!!!

The "public" file is not a problem. But anyone with brains doesn't have only C partition on one's PC.

In fact, one only puts A-V stuff on other partitions and keeps anything non-Windoz and non-appz off the C partition.

Hmmm...