PDA

View Full Version : 1080p mkV playback...

iko
13-07-2009, 04:05 AM
Hi guys
I want to share my experiance about Mkv Playback performance of the Azbox HD Elite...
I've got myself an new iomega prestige 1TB Usb2 HDD and load few MKV movies to try, Most of the 720p ones Played quite cool apart from few sound delays (pause-start solved them ) but 1080p mkvs was Really not watchable with many glitches such as cracky picture lost sound,start stops on picture etc. etc.
First I've thought that new USB HDD couse the trouble but same HDD with the same 1080p movie works flawless on my PC...
I do hope FW cause that trouble and will be sorted with the new FW...
but also there is a bad possibility that Hardware issues may cause all those Trouble ...
What are your thoughts????
Cheers :nopity::nopity::nopity:

happyhammer
13-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Hi guys
I want to share my experiance about Mkv Playback performance of the Azbox HD Elite...
I've got myself an new iomega prestige 1TB Usb2 HDD and load few MKV movies to try, Most of the 720p ones Played quite cool apart from few sound delays (pause-start solved them ) but 1080p mkvs was Really not watchable with many glitches such as cracky picture lost sound,start stops on picture etc. etc.
First I've thought that new USB HDD couse the trouble but same HDD with the same 1080p movie works flawless on my PC...
I do hope FW cause that trouble and will be sorted with the new FW...
but also there is a bad possibility that Hardware issues may cause all those Trouble ...
What are your thoughts????
Cheers :nopity::nopity::nopity:
havn't we covered this a thousand times? The USB and LAN ports are throttled, so high bitrate mkv's are not working properly yet. We await proper driver functionality to remove this throttling.

iko
13-07-2009, 12:13 PM
thanx for info ;)