PDA

View Full Version : What do need??

BOOGIBEAR
13-07-2009, 08:30 PM
first of all ime a novice?ime trying to conect my pc to my new hd lcd tv,before i go and buy the cables ineed a bit of advice,on my pc i have an 9 pin rgb female on mi tv it's a 15 pin male,or is there another way of doing it,thanks in advance:respect-048:

xanadu
13-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I would get a new TV with a VGA input.

9 Pins?

Are you sure that's not the RS232 input?

BOOGIBEAR
13-07-2009, 08:50 PM
thanks for quick reply,it is a new tv,it says in the book that it will accept several formats including vga,i was thinking of running an adapter on mi pc to the 15 pin rgb on tv with an audio cable,i know my pc needs upgrading,what do yer think:Angel_anim:

xanadu
13-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Ok, understand now.

The only 9 pin connector on a PC would be a S-Video connector?

Why not just plug the VGA output from your PC to the TV instead of connecting to the monitor? or does your TV not have a VGA input?

I think you can get a S-Video to SCART adapter?

Does the TV have S-Video input?

skomedal
13-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Ok, understand now.

The only 9 pin connector on a PC would be a S-Video connector?

Why not just plug the VGA output from your PC to the TV instead of connecting to the monitor? or does your TV not have a VGA input?

I think you can get a S-Video to SCART adapter?

Does the TV have S-Video input?

I think that the 9pin connector is a standard serial cable connection,,, most new tv have a VGA connection,,,, check the instruction book for the tv as to what the vga is male/female, the majority of vga connectors on desktop pcs ( not laptop ) are female!!!

But you will not get sound from this setup, you need to listen from the pc speakers!

Good luck

Regards

james325ise
13-07-2009, 09:21 PM
has your computer got dvi output ? (if not cheap grapics card is about £30 just another option and normally dvi and vga connection )

if your computer has dvi output you could if your tv has dvi ? connect via this

if tv only has hdmi you can get dvi to hdmi cable ..

but something to bear in mind dvi wont send sound signal

so sound would need to b connected via another cable

cheers jas

this was work in progress...........maybe do a finished set up when i get a sec

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r209/jason325ise/Photo-0032.jpg

BOOGIBEAR
13-07-2009, 09:27 PM
ile get back to you on that,ile try a bit more reading also:sifone:

Giga
14-07-2009, 06:53 AM
first of all ime a novice?ime trying to conect my pc to my new hd lcd tv,before i go and buy the cables ineed a bit of advice,on my pc i have an 9 pin rgb female on mi tv it's a 15 pin male,or is there another way of doing it,thanks in advance:respect-048:
If you are sure both are VGA connectors? connecting wrong ports to the TV could damage it! you would need these:
SVGA 9 Pin Male - 15 Pin Female Adaptor Cable
http://www.solentcables.co.uk/acatalog/AD-426.jpg
SVGA Coax Male - Female Monitor Cable
http://www.solentcables.co.uk/acatalog/EX-255.jpg
available in 2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 meter lenghts
don't know if this exists in one piece? if you go for the larger distances make sure to go for well shielded and high quality cable!