PDA

View Full Version : How to set up Motor

Jasper1422
13-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi All

i'm new to all of this, Have Humax 5400z box,diablo cam 2.3, 1.2 meter dish motorised. Have a few questions that i need help with.

I'm living in the West of ireland, Set u my Dish last year but having trouble finding alot of satellites. Set it up on 1 deg west and when it gets has far has 16 deg east i only have 10% quality if i do. The manual that came with my Motor doesn't tell me much. Think its Called a Dark motor or somethink like that.If someome can tell me what the best way to set it up would be great.

Haven't been using my box in a while and yesterday i updated to 1.81 underworld and updated latest keybin.the last underworld i had on it was 1.72, Does it make a differance going from 1.72 to 1.81? can't open 1 deg west now, Haven't tried much more stuff because the problem i'm having with motor.

I'd be greatfull for any Help

Thanks in advance

veron57
13-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Is whatever your motor is attached to as vertical as possible? get the spirit level out and check. If not, you will find the further you move the dish the weaker the signal gets.
Also, do you have the correct longitude and latitude values entered? Look these values up in google earth of your exact dish position.

Make sure your pole/motor/dish are in line with one another. ie, when your dish is pointing at 1west, birdseye view looking down on top of your dish, your pole/motor/dish are all in line like so:

\___/
dish
__|
motor
__|
pole

if it is like below then it is wrong:

\___/
dish
__\
motor
__/
pole

Rick1980
13-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi, It sounds like your not tracking the arc properly.

First is to make sure that the pole is dead plumb. Check your elivation/latitude setting is correct. Then make sure the dish is aligned to the centre spinne of the motor.

In west ireland you might be better setting up on 5w as I think that it might be your due south sat, what is your latitude ? Have the reciever drive the motor to your due south sat. Move the motor around the pole, and the dish bracket anglt to get the best signal. Do Not alter the elevation of the motor, or the dish on the motor shaft once you are sure they are as above.

If you have got everything right it will work fine. It does take a bit of patience at first. It took me a few attempts to get my first one right.:respect-050:

Jasper1422
13-07-2009, 11:17 PM
thanks for both replys.

I set it up on 1 deg west original,The pole is dead plump, Have it on ground level.what do you mean when you say have i longitude and latitude values entered? i have set the lat to 53.5 on my motor. is there somewhere else these values have to be entered? Is 1 deg west down an moment?

Plessy
13-07-2009, 11:26 PM
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBErZGBb2Fo

A Good Visual Guide to setting up the Dish....

Using BBC World News as the Strongest Transponder 11.325 H 24.500.

this should get you started :respect-048:

Regards : Plessy

Try These for position settings in Set-up of Receiver...

8.3'W 51.5'N

All the Best..

Jasper1422
14-07-2009, 12:17 AM
thanks for all the help.

gbmitie
14-07-2009, 12:35 AM
I am in west as well. I used 8west to set up. The humax is good and when you have one sat it will find the rest as long as the channel list is in the receiver. I have a 5400 as well. I used Al Jazeera but not sure if it still at 8west. Pity you cant tell us more about motor, has it got USALS?

1W went ages ago and not a lot left. I have the 2.3 as well.

post back etc

gb--

Rick1980
14-07-2009, 07:13 AM
With a longditude of 8.3w, 8w is your due south satellite and it would be easier to setup on this. If you are setting up on 1w and assuming that it is at the top of the arc for you that will be your problem.

Jasper1422
14-07-2009, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=gbmitie;635608]I am in west as well. I used 8west to set up. The humax is good and when you have one sat it will find the rest as long as the channel list is in the receiver. I have a 5400 as well. I used Al Jazeera but not sure if it still at 8west. Pity you cant tell us more about motor, has it got USALS?

1W went ages ago and not a lot left. I have the 2.3 as well.

post back etc

gb--[/QUOT
The Motor i bought is Super Dark Motor DiSEqC 1.2 Motor with Metal Gears. bought it of *.Bay. Do i need to reset Motor again to start setting it up from the start? A lot say 5 west is good for setting it up in the West. what the usals bit? Heard it mentioned a few places now. Don't see it in any menu

echelon
14-07-2009, 08:54 AM
if you are using usals you should input your longitude and latitude into the receiver as well as lining up your motor

if you are using diseqc instead then you have to do each one individually

you are better lining up on 5w as stated above as you want to point due south in order to track the arc properly

1w would tend to be used in the uk for alignment , especially near london

digi tv on 1w is still open with the right receivers or cams , always has been !

gbmitie
15-07-2009, 12:37 AM
good news here the manual you need, just had a quick look. 9w is 8w really.

use 8w for due south, trust me i know.

ask away

gb