PDA

View Full Version : DCC and FTP?

forest1
16-07-2009, 09:08 PM
TM9100s been working fine but today for some reason the FTP in DCC keeps failing so i checked and re-entered the password in TCC then DCC network tells me every thing is fine, but channels are still not working?

echelon
16-07-2009, 10:18 PM
make sure you set a fixed ip nowhere near any others on your system , as well as having a fixed password of your own

so if your router was 192.168.0.1 then your pc,s and lappy etc would take 2 upwards so have your tm start at say 10 or 15 or 20 etc as a fixed ip that never changes

forest1
16-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Ok i have done all that and everything looks fine , Network is saying ok.
The problem i,m having is that all cs went down so i checked the ip in the indyndns(internet address) and that had changed would this likely be the problem?
Everything now is set up fine and pc and receiver are seeing each other, but still no channels, this is the frustrating part. Could it be that the server is down?

Thanks mate

echelon
16-07-2009, 11:59 PM
the whole point of having a dyndns is due to ppl having a dynamic ip meaning it changes a lot , I know mine does , which is why you setup a dyndns as that host name is static even if your ip changes , your router should log you into your dyndns

I have no idea about your server

harrycoates6
20-09-2009, 01:35 PM
what is dyndns and how due you set it up what does ppl mean.what is its purpose . explanations needed all these abbreviations mean nothing to us learners any help much appreciated. harry

echelon
20-09-2009, 02:34 PM
use google for stuff you dont know , as its a pc issue , not a tm9100 issue

get a free account with dyndns and point your router at it , so that when your router boots up it tells dyndns the ip address you have got from your isp , and therefore anyone pointing at your dyndns web address will also point towards your current ip , seeing as your router passed it on to the dyndns account

basically , there is more to this than just the tm9100 , as this applies accross various boxes , especially linux

what you have to do is learn to use everything at your disposal , which includes pc , router , web addresses and tools , to achieve what you want

so dyndns applies no matter what the box , if you need it , and plenty of info tends to come from the dreambox forums etc

go here _http://www.dyndns.com/

harrycoates6
20-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Thanks once again Echelon for your advice and comments much appreciated Harry