PDA

View Full Version : Azbox network

seedys50
18-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi all,
had the Azbox premium for a couple of weeks now and got a few things working fine.

Bought a netgear router and got the machine connected by fixed line.
I can use the plugin download feature by internet and get the cams loaded. Digitv autoroll now working fine.

I seem to have a major problem with the network though. I cant seem to connect to any other PCs connected through the router.

I really want to be able to transfer some movies up to the internal hard drive or watch things already on the PC.

Ive looked at the excellent guides on the forum and it seems really straight forward but it just does not see anything.

Does anyone have any ideas or a REAL IDIOT guide to netwok connection to the azbox.

for example, under the storage setup options, what am i meant to put in the spaces here

workgroup
server
account
password

As far as i know none of my PC are password protected.
I am running windows XP and have selected the drives i want to be able to share.

Thanks in advance for looking this far.
Any help would be massively appreciated.

goran
18-07-2009, 11:22 AM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=112527

Read in a more careful and concentrated manner, as warned to do [obviously, for a reason], m8!:cool:

Sorted the SETTINGS menu properly? Especially:

-Networking Service: press the right arrow to get in, then OK for each option to activate it all! If you do not do it, you won’t be able to get into your AZbox with Telnet, FTP etc.

FilleZilla connects to the AZbox HD?

IP: 192. 168.x.x
user: root
pass: either nothing [empty] or azbox or what you put previoulsy/have you changed it?
port: 21 or 22 or...

Playing stuff from your PC [Windows XP] on your AZbox HD:

I simply went to the main folders or even whole partitions, right click on them -> Sharing and Security, then gave the rights, allowed them to be shared, plus also went to Customise and apply the template to all subfolders -> Apply and OK.

Then - just in case - I went a bit "lower" and repeated the whole thing to the Music, Video and Photo folders, one by one, and - lo&behold - NTFS or not, firewall or not, who cares - all the movies are playable!!!:cheers2:

If you press the HOME button on your remote and go to -> Movies, for instance, you will be able to navigate to the folders you just enabled to be shared and watch a movie on your AZbox HD. Or listen to the Music in your music Menu or pictures in your Photos Menu... ;)

seedys50
18-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Where are you getting this networking service option in the menu??

I have under setup

sys info
lang
timer
internet
storage
audio/vid
tv
parent
reset
gogo

Looking at the azbox manual under section 3.6 the screenshot is identical to mine - no sign of a networking services option?????

Am i missing something really simple

sami8519
18-07-2009, 01:41 PM
what firmware you are using. It must be very old firmware. Update to latest firmware and your problem is over.

seedys50
18-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Just checked the firmware and it reads 0.9.2032 TD210SP

Looks like the second latest one.

Dont think its down to ancient firmware.

HELP!!!!

goran
18-07-2009, 04:12 PM
It is. Do as you're told!!!:rofl::biggrinjester:

The latest FW in first!!!:respect-051:

It is better! ;) :)

hanswurscht
18-07-2009, 04:20 PM
I wonder why People dont change to the newest Firmware ?????

Whats the Problem? Knowledge? (no needed for this)

Of course on Betamachines like this the first Think to do is always use the newest Firmware, bang!
If there are some critical Bugs or Problems, which tell you dont use it, you will read it here, for sure.
So update is your best Friend, always

seedys50
18-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Ok - call me an arse - thought the firmware was just about up to date.
Checked with the online update and there were three others.

Now updated to the latest firmware and as you said the network services options are there. How stupid do i look.

Anyway - i can now use the ftp function but still no read from other machines.
When i enter the IP for the PC to reads from its asking for a login and password????

Many thanks for all your help so far.

seedys50
18-07-2009, 09:51 PM
BINGO! - all sorted now.

Many thanks for your help and patience

sami8519
18-07-2009, 10:12 PM
BINGO! - all sorted now.

Many thanks for your help and patience

you may use the Thank button in case you find some posts are useful.:respect-048: