PDA

View Full Version : SKY epg (ext.epg.dat) request

oldfart
19-07-2009, 11:10 AM
For the last couple of weeks a VERY kind Satpimps member has been sending me his ext.epg.dat file for SKY. If there are others who use this to provide the EPG - I would like to share the load of sending the file amongst other kind members. Any volunteers??

ian
19-07-2009, 05:47 PM
wow,you have one?

if so please post it(regularly if possible).ive tried everything known to man to create one using weekEPG 3.2b,but i fail everytime.ian.

oldfart
20-07-2009, 04:16 PM
No I don't its run out!
I use E2_LoadEPG, but have a problem getting the data, its better got from SKY's epg on 2A North beam, at the moment I get about 3/4 of the data from the radiotimes website.

_http://www.ambrosa.net/index.php/contents/E2.html

NoMaD
20-07-2009, 07:06 PM
hi mate
Use CrossEPG for E2
_http://www.crossepg.com/

it's already configured for channel slyIT and slyUK

oldfart
20-07-2009, 09:23 PM
will it download from radiotimes??

dubious
20-07-2009, 10:28 PM
will it download from radiotimes??

No it won't.

Are you saying your source for ext.epg.dat has dried up ?

You really need a fresh one every day so that you are always 7 days ahead and that's a bit of chore for anyone really I guess.

Anyway your post caught my imagination so I have setup an email sender on my 8k which is working fine, I just need to sus how to add attachments, if I can do this and automate it I'll gladly add your email so that you receive an automatic daily update direct from my 8k.

oldfart
20-07-2009, 11:40 PM
No - just trying to 'spread the load'

You really need a fresh one every day so that you are always 7 days ahead and that's a bit of chore for anyone really I guess..
No - only need to refresh every 7 days!

Anyway your post caught my imagination so I have setup an email sender on my 8k which is working fine, I just need to sus how to add attachments, if I can do this and automate it I'll gladly add your email so that you receive an automatic daily update direct from my 8k.

.... interesting .....

dubious
20-07-2009, 11:58 PM
No - only need to refresh every 7 days!

Can't see the point in that tbh, that means on day6 for example you can only see ahead 1 day where as updated every day you can always see 7 days ahead, which is the point of a 7 day EPG.

oldfart
21-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Anything is better than what we get at the moment:-
on the SkY box - 6 hours ahead
on the dreambox - now & next
so a day is luxury, 7 days - wonderful!

Xstyle
19-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Anything is better than what we get at the moment:-
on the SkY box - 6 hours ahead
on the dreambox - now & next
so a day is luxury, 7 days - wonderful!

Ditto! Just had my DM8k installed literally!!
SWMBO wants an EPG, I knew this straight away, even before she said anything. I also need to get the channels in order on Astra28e, i.e she wants "normal sky tv listings" where she can easily flick through and see what is on.

She is not bothered with all the other satellites ...yet.

So is the Dubious answer the solution for now?

Thanks!

oldfart
19-08-2009, 05:21 PM
If u live in the UK - you can get the EPG data no problem!

Xstyle
19-08-2009, 05:53 PM

Yes mate.
have you moved further forward to your RadioTimes scenario of only 3/4 of the downloaded guide?

I am very interested to hear how I can get virtually native Sky EPG so that it stops my wife demanding that the Sky dish and box get reinstalled (side by side with the DM)

thanks

oldfart
19-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Yes mate.
have you moved further forward to your RadioTimes scenario of only 3/4 of the downloaded guide?
No - they don't publish more than that!

I am very interested to hear how I can get virtually native Sky EPG so that it stops my wife demanding that the Sky dish and box get reinstalled (side by side with the DM)

thanks

Learn to live with it - I get a full EPG (curtesey of several members here) but my misses still turns on the R.u.p.e.r.t Murdoch box to look at the EPG!

Xstyle
19-08-2009, 10:54 PM
I have just found out that if you go to the channel lists and then press the number 2 it will give you upto 7 days EPG for that channel IF it is available ... most channels have no info, but BBC especially seems to be good.

...& #3 for multiple channel listings !

Xstyle
21-08-2009, 04:29 PM

Hiya mate, is what I wrote above about the EPG, what you were referring to??

Xstyle
21-08-2009, 04:31 PM
No it won't.

You really need a fresh one every day so that you are always 7 days ahead and that's a bit of chore for anyone really I guess.

hi Dubious,
is your EPG much better and complete than the standrd one on the nabilosat image?

I can't open .rar files, so not sure what your attachment is?
Thanks

Quailman
21-08-2009, 04:51 PM
hi Dubious,
is your EPG much better and complete than the standrd one on the nabilosat image?

I can't open .rar files, so not sure what your attachment is?
Thanks

You need to get a program called winrar to extract these files m8.

Also the epg by Dubious in this thread is now out of date.

Xstyle
23-08-2009, 01:23 AM
To say i am rather disappointed with the standard epg is an understatement!!!

It's so CRAP!!!! Yesterday it was ok, but today all I can get is the programme that is now and next. Couldn't even see when MOTD Footy highlights were on to record!!

Kind of agree with my wife that Sky is better in "some" ways! Especially the EPG being so straightforward...

dubious
23-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Blimey, you give up easily, how long have you had the box?

Did you really think you could master it that quickly ? :eek:

Many ways you can view EPG.

Xstyle
23-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks Dubious, will have a look at your attachments tomorrow as I can't view them on the iPhone.

The standard EPG now seems fine today?? The DM was just determined for me not to see/record MOTD last night!!

Xstyle
24-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Many ways you can view EPG.

Did you make a channel list to get all your channels in that order, in screenshot 2?

I know how to do MultiEPG, and single EPG.
Think my screen layout is slightly different (I am on the default skin)

My "Multi-EPG" looks like your Graph EPG.
and your Multi-EPG, I don't have.
Your EventView is my single channel EPG.