PDA

View Full Version : Patched Technomate

tottenham
21-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi Guys!!

This is probably a stupid question but here goes!! I have a technomate 5400 usb super which has an inbuilt conax cam. If this box is patched and the latest softcam installed will it be able to read viewing cards with encryptions other than conax (eg viaccess)?

T:respect-067:

drahcirk
21-07-2009, 04:04 PM
far as i know, u cant overwrite the inbuilt cam, i say that because i couldnt on my old box, and presume there all similar,.

pat56550
21-07-2009, 05:20 PM
hello tottenham. i dont have technomate 5400 ihave 1500cisuper and this is how to switch off the patch so you can use your cards as technomate receivers can read [most cards]...go to menu select system info ,when info comes up enter 2004 with your remote control and you will see that the cas-biss boxes go off screen ,exit back to menu and select smart card exit out and put in your viewing card and all should be ok,to go back to useing the patch goto menue- select system info -ok-enter2004 now back on patch ,,hope this will help..pat..

tr8.
21-07-2009, 06:32 PM
The card slot is multi crypt and as far as i know it reads all cards.
The only ones it wont read are the ones paired for obvious reasons

Plessy
21-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Hi Tottenham

The tm5400+USb Super Series is conax EMBEDDED!
DO NoT Get Confused ! like I Did in the Past....

With latest Patch and Key update 1'West will be your best Option at the moment, unless you have purchased a "Cam" of your choice and programmer for that particular "Cam".

For your Standard Free to Air i.e Astra 19.2 East All the bbc's, itv's, men+motors etc etc.. this is a wonderfully customisable stb in the way the channel listings can be arranged in conjunction with Motorised or Non motorised satellite systems.....

I.e It is capable of Holding"Diablo Cam" + Various other cams that help unlock some channels. The Bottom SLOT (LOOKS like the pcmcia slot on the side of your laptop).... Wish Mine was a Dancer lol....

It is also capable of Working with "Subscriber Cards" in the Slot just above the bottom slot , provided of course you're pointing at the right satellite..

Its a great little Box ! Cheap and Cheerful with a very good Built in Signal Tuner...
Have Mine over a year now and Have the Odd Quirk here and there But It's Family Friendly with a little training of course....

tottenham
22-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks Guys

Yes it says conax embedded on the box. If it is conax embedded does that mean that the top slot can only be used for a conax card? Does patching the box make any difference to what this slot can read?

Thanks,

T

drahcirk
22-07-2009, 01:57 PM
yes,

no,.