PDA

View Full Version : Azbox Edit can't rename channels in bouquets !

s_kates81
23-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi Guys,
I've found this irritating inability of azbox edit when you can't rename the channel names in the bouquets you created. You need to rename the channels name in the total channels list on the left.

tinos
23-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Not just that you cannot delete multiple channels from All Channels list. Only delete works inside Favorite lists.

Seems OpenSAT did not provide to Telesat enough info on how to delete channels!!! So another fact of missing info to developers... if what I read is right.

s_kates81
23-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Even I rename the channels on the left side, when i copy the renamed channel to favorite bouquet, it shows in it's original name, i.e. not the renamed one.

slegs
23-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Rename on the box and take it back to AZBoxEdit

s_kates81
24-07-2009, 06:06 AM
Rename on the box and take it back to AZBoxEdit

I don't think it's a good idea manually renaming hundreds of channels and then taking them back to azboxedit sotware. This should be done by the software, not by us manually

sami8519
24-07-2009, 06:44 AM
oh really this box is starting to make me angry.Even a basic tool like editing channels is lacking. Dont misunderstand me, I dont blame developers, I blame opensat. You know what, This company hasnt got anything from its name. It should be closedsat really, because it is intentionally closing all the doors for the developers to make something useful. May be I should just go to sleep.....:20:

happyhammer
24-07-2009, 08:53 AM
oh really this box is starting to make me angry.Even a basic tool like editing channels is lacking. Dont misunderstand me, I dont blame developers, I blame opensat. You know what, This company hasnt got anything from its name. It should be closedsat really, because it is intentionally closing all the doors for the developers to make something useful. May be I should just go to sleep.....:20:

"Even a basic tool like editing channels is lacking"

being able to rename hundreds of channels would not be a feature high on anyones list. You can rename individual channels as SLEGS said and organise channels with AZboxeedit. That makes your statement false.

@telesat
24-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Rename ch. from All Ch. list - resolved

I will finish DVB-T and DVB-C these days , btw
bear in mind I only have DVB-C tuner, not DVB-T ,
would you be able to help me and send me the Ch.List :
1.Only DVB-T (one freq.)
2.Only DVB-C (one freq.)
3.mix DVB-T & DVB-S (one freq. of both)
4.mix DVB-C & DVB-S (one freq. of both)
5.mix DVB-T & DVB-C (one freq. of both)
* 5) it is not possible on this board but you can combine: first scan DVB-T channels, then replace tuner with DVB-C and scan DVB-C channels

Next stage :
full manipulation in list (All Ch.) :
- Add ch.
- Del. ch.
- import from Enigma2 Ch.List
- when start 2 or 3 instance of ChEdit , you can import part of ch. from first list and part of ch. from second list to third list

soon.... :)

rgs,
telesat

sami8519
24-07-2009, 01:01 PM
"Even a basic tool like editing channels is lacking"

being able to rename hundreds of channels would not be a feature high on anyones list. You can rename individual channels as SLEGS said and organise channels with AZboxeedit. That makes your statement false.

And what about being unable to delete a channel using an EDITING tool ?

I think you only read the title. Please dont judge my post without reading the 4-5 posts above mine.

sami8519
24-07-2009, 01:03 PM
I have just seen telesat post. Thank you alot for adding new features

happyhammer
24-07-2009, 01:19 PM
And what about being unable to delete a channel using an EDITING tool ?

I think you only read the title. Please dont judge my post without reading the 4-5 posts above mine.

i did read, as the posts were mostly about the renaming of channels as was raised by the original poster and not about deleting channels. So as telesat has posted, he is to add that feature to the "not even a basic editing tool".

Dig Deep
24-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes an editing tool is needed.

With a new box You always play and test and many time You have to reset the whole thing:respect-052: and start from the beginning.

Itīs getting boring to edit one at the time:hat:

s_kates81
25-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Rename ch. from All Ch. list - resolved

I will finish DVB-T and DVB-C these days , btw
bear in mind I only have DVB-C tuner, not DVB-T ,
would you be able to help me and send me the Ch.List :
1.Only DVB-T (one freq.)
2.Only DVB-C (one freq.)
3.mix DVB-T & DVB-S (one freq. of both)
4.mix DVB-C & DVB-S (one freq. of both)
5.mix DVB-T & DVB-C (one freq. of both)
* 5) it is not possible on this board but you can combine: first scan DVB-T channels, then replace tuner with DVB-C and scan DVB-C channels

Next stage :
- Add ch.
- Del. ch.
- when start 2 or 3 instance of ChEdit , you can import part of ch. from first list and part of ch. from second list to third list

soon.... :)

rgs,
telesat

Mate, renaming a channel on all ch. lists works, but when we move a renamed channel to a bouquet, it gets back to what it actual name was, it doesn't show the renamed channel in the bouquet.
Can you add the support for renaming channels inside the bouquets? It'll be pefect for already a very nice software made by you.

hfmls
25-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Next stage :
- Add ch.
- Del. ch.

this would be awsome! :) i had many time organizing in dreamset my channel list in dreambox. now i could convert it :)

@telesat
25-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Mate, renaming a channel on all ch. lists works, but when we move a renamed channel to a bouquet, it gets back to what it actual name was, it doesn't show the renamed channel in the bouquet.
Can you add the support for renaming channels inside the bouquets? It'll be pefect for already a very nice software made by you.

1.in the last version of the editor has a bug (rename ch. on all ch.list) :)
2. renaming channels inside the bouquets is not possible because name on all ch.list is related to fav list, on fav list there is no data for the name
, only link to all ch. list.

rgs,

pr2
25-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Hello,

Look strange to me that people rename channels... what is it for?
Newt time, you will do a satellite scan to get the new channels your manually renamed channels will retrieve their original name.

Then you will complain that the channel name you manually set, change back to its original name after a satellite scan.

So from my opinion this is a non-sense to ask to be able to rename channels...

Pr2

FME_fta
25-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Hello,

Newt time, you will do a satellite scan to get the new channels your manually renamed channels will retrieve their original name.

Then you will complain that the channel name you manually set, change back to its original name after a satellite scan.

Pr2

Maybe they want to "hide" the **** channels :rofl:

s_kates81
26-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Hello,

Pr2

It's because that sometimes the channel names we get after scanning the satellites, they are incomplete names, i.e. for example, if you scan intelsat10 and the multichoice package, you just get 3 or 4 letters of the complete channel name, i.e. For BBC entertainment, you get BBC E, and for Africa Magic, you get only Amag , Star sports you get only STR, which is very confusing. That's why need to rename channel . I don't know maybe in europe satellites this problem is not present but for asian satellites, i've found this problem in many satellites

pr2
26-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Hello,

We also have some channels name that are shorter but this is not a problem. It is just a question of organisation of your channels in your favorites and the exemple you show one you know that Amag is Africa Magic seems quite logical. :-)

I just want to draw your attention on the fact that renaming the channels can soon become a waste of time, since next time that you will do a satellite scan the name will return to what the broadcaster send. So you will lose all your renaming works!

I think it is better to organise the channels (may be by creating several favorites) in a matter that fit your needs rather than renaming the channels.

Pr2