PDA

View Full Version : Backing up the Tm-5400CI+ USB receiver to USB flash drive

Hyan
24-07-2009, 01:58 AM
Hello I am new to this forum. I have a TM-5400CI+ USB receiver. I have read the Mrvee patching guide for the 5000 series (posted by echelon) and downloaded the four indicated files.

Before I go any further I would like to backup my existing software, please can somebody help me ?

1. Is it possible to back up my existing STB software to USB flash drive ?, if so how ?

2. Is it posible to backup the channel list only to USB flash drive, or can the channel list be extracted from the backed up software ?

3. If I wish to edit my own channel list using the Clarke Tech Editor Studio v3.09. Will the editor save the list in a file for inputting to the STB via USB or does the editor require communication via the RS232 com port (which I no longer have), to send the channel list to the STB ?

Thanks in advance

Hyan

Giga
24-07-2009, 08:00 AM
no backup possible of the firmware. Put your channellist on the usb stick for safekeeps.
Download the firmware here for safekeeps and as failsafe:
TM-5400CI: ver 129 from 07-July-2009

http://www.technomate.com/software_updates.php?model=TM-5400CI%2B%40TM-5600CI
TM-5400 CI+SUPER ver 115 from 07-July-2009

http://www.technomate.com/software_updates.php?model=TM-5400CI%2BSUPER+%40TM-5600CI+USB+SUPER
do notice: 2 different models Super and non Super pick the one for your model.
Good practice alsways download the actual channellist from the Technomate so you can reload it when something whent wrong. Keep these somewhere safe on the computer and mark those readonly to protect from erasure on the computer.
enjoy your TM.

Channellist download: USB menu: data transfer: Upload Channel: information on bottom of the screen what colour to press

Hyan
24-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Giga
Thanks for the info I realise now that I can "backup" the firmware from this site and can get the channel list off the STB.

Hyan

Giga
24-07-2009, 10:37 AM
you are welcome