PDA

View Full Version : newcs+cccam

clyde
25-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi,

Is it possible to run newcs with ccam i same time?

Iwant use newcs to read card from internal card reader and add
N: 127.0.0.1 .................. to the cccamcfg

rtificial
25-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Yes, this is possible, this is exactly how I have it running at this moment.

Make sure you run the version of newcs which can be installed from within the OpenXCAS plugin, as the newer versions cannot use the internal cardreader.

In my installation, I had to add the newcs to the list of plugins manually in order to have it start automatically.

Once newcs is running, just add the N-line as you described. I actually used the ip-address of the azbox, instead of the loopback address.

As I said, for me it works this way, but I have some issues I don't understand:

- In case I am opening channels which are part of my local card subscription, in a lot of cases CCcam uses one of the servers I'm connected to, even though I think my local newcs should be faster?
- When I block this card on all other servers, it obviously uses my own card, but the speed of opening channels can differ from a couple of seconds (2-3) up to 30 seconds. And this for channels in the package of my local card. I expected this to work a lot smoother.
- Opening HD channels from the UK packages still seems quite difficult, and results in quite some glitches. I'm not sure if this is due to my connection, or the software.

Apart from this, once the channels are descrambled, everything works fine, even time-shifting.