PDA

View Full Version : Echostar 3000ip problem

albondi
25-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi

Just went to update my dragon cam put card in and switch on receiver chasing around as uasal then stoped on 10 00 , started again cant get anything only ---- any ideas ? Is it worth fixing ?

Was going to get tech 6900 super before footie starts looks like have to get v-box also.

Many thanks Al

:frown::frown::frown:

Glenn_911
25-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi

Just went to update my dragon cam put card in and switch on receiver chasing around as uasal then stoped on 10 00 , started again cant get anything only ---- any ideas ? Is it worth fixing ?

Was going to get tech 6900 super before footie starts looks like have to get v-box also.

Many thanks Al

:frown::frown::frown:

albondi

Think that i told you that before remember Fibo friend anyway i also start like you did on a 3000IP viaccess but to be honest a V-Box is a lot better.

Glenn_911

williamtell
25-07-2009, 02:37 PM
i still got that old receiver very good in its day, still use it as a fta in the workshop coz i think the pins melted/broke, dare not try a cam.

albondi
30-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks for your replys guys
Hi glenn yes you metioned that a v-box is better and that looks the way i will go with tm6900 ,but is the echo worth repairing or is ready for the bin.
Many thanks al

sstylianou1976
31-07-2009, 01:29 AM
My assumption is along the lines the data may be corrupt it has happened to my receiver the echostar3600 and could get nothing due to someone in the house messed up the channel data let alone the settings so reset the factory settings on the box and start afresh don't worry about losing the firmware on the receiver the only thing you will lose when doing a reset is the channels and some of the sats you programmed on the box plus the positions as well.

Try that it will take a while but hopefully it should work ok again.

Regards,

sstylianou1976

captainglassback
31-07-2009, 10:39 AM
I would hate to lose my 3000ip! It drives the dish that my other 'modern' receivers won't! (36v!). Suppose that is why you need vbox. I was never able to update a Dragon in it but in all other respects it still works well.

albondi
01-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Many thanks guys

Will try a reset (have a look in instuction )let you know how it goes.
Al