PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic TX -P50G10 UK model for Europe?

meleena
25-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Panasonic TX -P50G10 European model
Hello,

Now I have decided to go for the TX-P50G10, which will be used in Finland for HD/SD satellite reception, DVB T tv and maybe cable tv.

The cheapest price for a European model is around 1580 euros which has DVB T, DVB C, but no free sat.

I'm tempted to order from the UK, due to the 5 years warrenty, very competitive price and can do without the DVB C.

my question is if the UK model will work here with
HD DVB T and if it has cam slot or not?

Maybe if any member has the European model can help in providing information on best EU websites to buy from?

Many thanks.

tvmick
26-07-2009, 05:38 AM

In a word No.
UK spec DVB-T is archaic and Mpeg2. HD DVB-T is Mpeg4 in your country.
Read the spec. on Panasonics uk website

meleena
26-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks Mick, I guess I have to buy here, but just wonder if it can be had for a cheaper price. anyone knows of a good mainland supplier, but I found was from Sweden at 1580 Euros with just 1 year warrenty.

The UK price is very tempting, also the 5 years warrenty which is unheard of here.

Cheers.

universal1
26-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Can anyone tell what this a 5 year warranty ???? is this from Panasonic ??

bigben
28-07-2009, 01:20 PM
yes from Panasonic,not all retailers offering it,

FBOY
28-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Panasonic TX -P50G10 European model
Hello,

Now I have decided to go for the TX-P50G10, which will be used in Finland for HD/SD satellite reception, DVB T tv and maybe cable tv.

The cheapest price for a European model is around 1580 euros which has DVB T, DVB C, but no free sat.

I'm tempted to order from the UK, due to the 5 years warrenty, very competitive price and can do without the DVB C.

Maybe if any member has the European model can help in providing information on best EU websites to buy from?

Many thanks.
Are you sure that it has no DVB-S?
Obviously it won't have Freesat, because that is a UK licensed software, but the set will have digital satellite, and so you will get all the same channels.

I have just bought the 42V10 in Spain, and officially it has no DVB-S. just DVB-T. The plate on the back says DVB-S only available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland. The reality is that, in initial setup, if I choose Germany (and not Spain), the D-Sat comes alive. It has Diseqc and multi LNB's, just basic tuning facilities.

I am sure the G10 is the same.