PDA

View Full Version : CBS Feeds

pibip98
29-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Does anyone know whats happened to the feed on 16E. Used to show Letterman at 4.30am but has been missing couple of weeks. Cheers

Glenn_911
29-07-2009, 07:13 AM
pibip98

Nothing wrong with the Feed CBS NY still there on 16e

Take care

Threepwood
31-07-2009, 06:01 AM
The CBS Newspath feed is still active, but as Pibip98 pointed out Letterman is no longer shown on it. :(

For the last 9 years, until just a few weeks ago, the Late Show had been on this feed every Tuesday-Saturday morning at 4:35 AM GMT.

The end of this long-running feed must have some connection with Italy's RaiSat no longer carrying Letterman as of earlier this month... But since there are some other European broadcasters still carrying the Late Show, there has to be a feed of it somewhere.

Irrelevant
11-08-2009, 06:22 PM
the other european broadcasters will be gettin their feed via fiber. rai was the only broadcaster using the satellite feed

Threepwood
18-08-2009, 06:25 PM
the other european broadcasters will be gettin their feed via fiber. rai was the only broadcaster using the satellite feedRaiSat never actually downlinked the old Late Show feed. It was destined for Colby, the Milan-based firm that provided the Italian subtitles, which in turn would ship the localized masters to RaiSat in Turin on a daily basis.

Now that Sky Italia has acquired the Italian rights, things have been streamlined a bit... Colby still provides the subtitles, but Sky Italia can downlink the feed directly and only get a subtitle file from Colby. This cuts out the ***bersome (and ridiculous) step of rushing the subtitled masters from Milan to Turin every day.

However, Sky Italia still does not have the capability to receive feeds via fiber; they must rely on a satellite feed just like the previous recipient. The only difference is that they are able to receive signals from a wider range of satellites than Colby.

Long story short: there’s still a satellite feed out there; it’s just a matter of finding it and hoping that it’s not encrypted.

And as far as the other European broadcasters go, they may not need any feeds at all since they air the show on delays of a week (or more) after the original US air date. In such cases it is often cheaper and easier to get the masters shipped from the States. AFAIK, Sky Italia is the only European broadcaster airing new Late Show episodes with a delay of less than a day from the US broadcasts.

Cheers.

Threepwood
19-08-2009, 06:40 AM
Good news: the new Letterman feed has been found. Bad news: it’s encrypted. :(

Intelsat 905 (24.5°W), 11049 V, 5632, 3/4, "Tandberg Service"
BISS Enc, MPEG-2 4:2:0, 6.5 Mbps, 25 FPS

Sadly, this is the new location for the Late Show with David Letterman. It has moved here after coming down via the CBS Newspath feed @ 16° East for the past ~9 years. The feed times remain the same: 5:35 AM CEST Tuesday - Saturday mornings.

Changes (for the worst) from the good old 16e feed:

- Encrypted (used to be FTA)
- Poorly framerate converted to PAL (used to be original NTSC)
- Lower resolution (352x576 vs. 720x480)

Source: Rincewind @ Satelliweb (http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=livef)

snaps
19-08-2009, 07:51 AM
If its Biss encypted there is hope

harshy
19-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I wish Biss was easier to crack too many feeds use this and our PC's just not powerful to decrypt them.

rowla
29-09-2009, 02:04 AM
That transponder would appear to be somewhat elusive here in Dublin, Ireland. With a 1 metre dish and a Dreambox 8000 with a surprisingly sensitive tuner, I was only able to get a signal on 11675. No luck on 11049 at all. Perhaps it only lights up later at night. I used to record Letterman on 16E every night, and I miss it terribly. I had access to Sky Italia for a few days so managed to get a few episodes in before that luxury was also terminated! The quality was awful compared to that feed we used to get, confirming Threepwood's info on the lower resolution. It looks like downloading may now be the only option.

Barney
29-09-2009, 11:02 AM
The David Letterman show is on AXN { polsat 13e hotbird} channel as i type :king-042: :cool:

3tv
29-09-2009, 06:56 PM
is it the 1 day behind airings?

Threepwood
06-10-2009, 05:49 AM
No luck on 11049 at all. Perhaps it only lights up later at night.The new Letterman feed on 24.5°W is indeed only active for the duration of the show.

The signal lights up roughly half an hour before the start of the show, at around 5:00 AM CEST, and goes dark shortly after the show has ended. If you try to tune in at any other time you will not get a signal at all.

seedys50
06-10-2009, 08:11 AM
is it the 1 day behind airings?

Sadly not - its been showing repeats for a few weeks now.