PDA

View Full Version : Am i doing something incredibly stupid?

seedys50
31-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Been quite happy with the azbox premium for the last couple of weeks (only using for watching whats available by emu).
Last night i tried to record a couple of programs on discovery on the digi tv package. Checked this morning and nothing recorded on the internal hard drive????

Checked again, recording something else and the machine does not kick in from standby.

Here is how i am trying to record.

1. Press the guide button.
2. Press OK at the selected program which brings up the option to record to the hard drive, select record.
3. The information box appears saying the program is reserved to record.
4. Checked in the reserved program and the timer is set.

Help????

Please tell me is something im doing and not another bug in the firmware.

xanadu
31-07-2009, 01:48 PM
It's a bug.

Timer recording does not work

seedys50
31-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the reply.
At least i know its not me now - phew!

zeini
31-07-2009, 02:57 PM
If you don't switch off the box, most recorded are done!

The receiver has many problems when recording during standby.

seedys50
31-07-2009, 05:26 PM
i work away from home for weeks at a time and dont realy want to leave the machine switched on for 2-3 weeks. The recording function would have been perfect - here's hoping its fixed sooner rather than later. Thats quite a major bug.

Aragos
12-08-2009, 03:46 AM
Uhhhh! That's really a big bug! :18:

I was surprised too when I've tested recording with the timer. Display showed the box is recording but the HDD started only after I've pressed the power button and the box waked up. So the beginning of the movie was not recorded!

Sorry but what's the big problem here? I mean the timer programming is a very important function and it's still not working after so many months? :banghead:

Is this just a bug in the newest firmware or did the timer never worked in any firmware? :confused:

iko
12-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Don't worry Big update soon :D

Aragos
13-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Don't worry Big update soon :D

You mean a big update after which timer recording will gonna work properly?

I hope you're right! :rolleyes:

xanadu
13-08-2009, 12:13 AM
If you don't switch off the box, most recorded are done!

The receiver has many problems when recording during standby.

Even when not in standby and just left on, and on FTA channels it has failed to record for me, despite timer being set correctly.

AJR
13-08-2009, 12:19 AM
it has failed to record for me, despite timer being set correctly.

Maybe the hard disk settings have allowed the disk to shut own (power saving)... try setting it so that the drive is always powered up and see if that helps.