PDA

View Full Version : what better Azbox Premium HD or dreambox 8000

aapaul
31-07-2009, 03:30 PM
help pls what better Azbox Premium HD or dreambox 8000.
pls exculde the price.thanks

passete
31-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Well, if you have the money for dm8000, just don't hesitate !

ceyer
31-07-2009, 04:16 PM
I´d go for the DM8000 as well

tinos
31-07-2009, 04:24 PM
If money is not an issue DM8K.

aapaul
31-07-2009, 04:26 PM
thanks you all

tr8.
31-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I would say they both have issues at the moment, and price always comes into it.
I have been whating the developement on both as will buy one this year, but at the moment the i would say the az box premium is the best option as the poor picture quality that lots are on about on the dm8000 may not be software but hardware, till that it sorted i am still watching as the az has other issues

passete
31-07-2009, 04:57 PM
I would say they both have issues at the moment, and price always comes into it.
I have been whating the developement on both as will buy one this year, but at the moment the i would say the az box premium is the best option as the poor picture quality that lots are on about on the dm8000 may not be software but hardware, till that it sorted i am still watching as the az has other issues

Poor picture quality with dm8000 ? Never notice that on my dm8k !
I'm just wondering to buy a second dm8000 for christmas, and i don't regret a penny of my actual dm8000.

iko
31-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Poor Picture LOL
Nothing poor with 8K :D
coolest ever receiver I've ever own ;)

tinos
31-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Only reason if money doesn't matter would be feeds 4:2:2... but current beta status on firmware makes Premium risky option.

passete
31-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Poor Picture LOL
Nothing poor with 8K :D
coolest ever receiver I've ever own ;)

I Agree 100% with You Mate !

If you have a good server, who needs 4:2:2 feeds :sifone:

dubious
31-07-2009, 05:58 PM
In the DM8000 camp too, Poor picture quality ?! HD picture is as good as any and SD is the best I've seen of any receiver.

What some ppl seem to forget is while other boxes have been waiting just to get stable basic soft/firmware DMM pushes forward at amazing speed, so fast at times it's hard to keep up, someone reports a bug and most times it's fixed the next day.

New and improved drivers on a regular basis.

There are so many plugins now for everything you can think of and they just keep coming and coming.

My 8k never crashes is fast as hell and of course any emu/client/cs works.

I have a perfect UK EPG and such things as series link a la Sky box.

I have 2 x DVB-S tuners, 1 x DVB-C and 1 x DVB-T all working perfectly, something other receiver owners can only dream of.

I've been there before with other so called Dreambox killers, never again.

Poor picture my arse :number-one-043:

xanadu
31-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Well, if you have the money for dm8000, just don't hesitate !

Yes...Don't hesitate.....

Get an Azbox HD Premium :)

Much better box has more function and easier to use than DM8000. :respect-055:

aqa
31-07-2009, 06:17 PM
In the DM8000 camp too, Poor picture quality ?! HD picture is as good as any and SD is the best I've seen of any receiver.

What some ppl seem to forget is while other boxes have been waiting just to get stable basic soft/firmware DMM pushes forward at amazing speed, so fast at times it's hard to keep up, someone reports a bug and most times it's fixed the next day.

There are so many plugins now for everything you can think of and they just keep coming and coming.

I have 2 x DVB-S tuners, 1 x DVB-C and 1 x DVB-T all working perfectly, something other receiver owners can only dream of.

the price that you are paying for dm8k it should work .with all the tuner you have its probebly around 1100.euro. for that money it should be a lot more. but ofcourse if money is no problems then thats the right box for you. i cant justify paying 1000 euro for satellite receiver ..

iko
31-07-2009, 07:18 PM
That's wrong to compare the things from Different Class ;)

aqa
31-07-2009, 07:22 PM
That's wrong to compare the things from Different Class ;)

how many years in the making ?

passete
31-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Yes...Don't hesitate.....

Get an Azbox HD Premium :)

Much better box has more function and easier to use than DM8000. :respect-055:

Don't say that Mate !

My dm8000 was up and runing in 1 hour !
I never "played" with E2 before, so please don't confuse People !

passete
31-07-2009, 07:38 PM

Yes, let's compare Fiat with Ferrari !

Dm8000 the best Ever receiver i ever owned !

iko
31-07-2009, 07:49 PM
how many years in the making ?
That's one of the facts ;):podium-016:

sonic1
31-07-2009, 08:57 PM
If money is no problem the it has to be the 8k, any reports or Dreambox support going this week ?
No!!!!

As for picture quality biggest problem is people have no idea how to set up their TV, most just plug the cables in and think that's it!!!

On average I spend about and hour setting up my picture and there is no way I can swap my 7020 with the 800 as the settings are a mile apart.

Find a decent set up disc for your TV or get a DVD with set up features such as Star wars or Finding Nemo:respect-051:

I can't knock the Azbox as I don't have it and support is pretty good in comparison to many other STB's on the market.

If you can see both working that would be a great deciding fact.

iko
31-07-2009, 09:03 PM
I've got both of them first elite after 8K :D
If you can afford 1k price mark there is no need to look further if not Azbox is the best of the others ;)

aqa
31-07-2009, 10:15 PM
If you can afford 1k price mark there is no need to look further if not Azbox is the best of the others ;)

a fair point

goran
31-07-2009, 10:33 PM
iReel Avantgarde II???

feedme
31-07-2009, 10:44 PM

well , if you can live with one box. : )

I strongly doubt that DM8000 owners are all
a) pockets full of money ( to get 2-3 pcs of 8000's)
b) Total commanders of the remote controller in the house hold.

: ) : )

xanadu
31-07-2009, 11:05 PM

I can afford DM8000 but ruled it out because of all the tuner problems reported by users, and difficulty some people have had with doing simple tasks like getting Diablo CAM working.

I bought DM7000 many years ago, which at the time of release was very expensive (£399). It took a few years for all the bugs to be fixed and some could never be fixed to this very day!
It even had a power supply mod as it could not supply enough power to hard drives and the original blue display was replaced with an amber one as the blue display could not be read from more than about 12 inches.

Later Dreamboxes never impressed me, like some had power supplies that would die after the warranty expired.

For the above reasons I could not even consider the DM8000 at it's crazy 3 times the price of Azbox HD.

DMM are taking the mickey with their prices. :beatdeadhorse5:

bladerunne
01-08-2009, 12:12 AM
If DMM think they have the Monopoly on Linux based receivers then the prices will stay high, thats why competition is always a good thing and usually brings the prices down.

xanadu
01-08-2009, 12:22 AM
competition is always a good thing and usually brings the prices down.

DMM prices never come down...only up.

If people think DM8000 is going to come down in price, apart from exchange rates adjustment, they live in cuckoo land.

iko
01-08-2009, 12:27 AM
I remember those 7000s days :)
You are right But at the same time you are doing the same mistake like the people talking about Azbox who are never own one ;)
All those Tuner problem reports For dm800 not 8000 and even those Dm800 Tuner problems Sorted now...
I do Agree DM charge hell load of money for their Receivers but some of those money goes to Development,Why do you think that incredible Support out there for Dreambox?:nopity:
As I said before 8K Rulez At the moment and I'm not guesing that I use one of those 8Ks at the moment
here a tiny example for you :The USB HDD Full of MKV that not runs 1080p movies on my Elite works flawless now with my 8K etc etc...

At The end of the Day I Do Hope Azbox will survive and be as stable as 8K but we all know It's too early to expect that ;)

Best Regards

I can afford DM8000 but ruled it out because of all the tuner problems reported by users, and difficulty some people have had with doing simple tasks like getting Diablo CAM working.

I bought DM7000 many years ago, which at the time of release was very expensive (£399). It took a few years for all the bugs to be fixed and some could never be fixed to this very day!
It even had a power supply mod as it could not supply enough power to hard drives and the original blue display was replaced with an amber one as the blue display could not be read from more than about 12 inches.

Later Dreamboxes never impressed me, like some had power supplies that would die after the warranty expired.

For the above reasons I could not even consider the DM8000 at it's crazy 3 times the price of Azbox HD.

DMM are taking the mickey with their prices. :beatdeadhorse5:

clyde
01-08-2009, 06:50 AM
dream multimedia and are arrogant they dont take care about the after sales service, I had to wait 6 months to receive back a DM800.
When guarantee is over you can put your dream in your ass with remote control.

NEVER buy dream multimedia product :respect-057:

dont give food to pigs buz premium

it seems that Murdoch is one of the largest shareholder of dreammultimedia (one of his tools ;) )

tr8.
01-08-2009, 07:11 AM
it seems that Murdoch is one of the largest shareholder of dreammultimedia (one of his tools ;) )

I hope not: If this is true it will give him a way to control some of what happens in the linux marked place, this then could have a bad effect on cs and any hack released. The even less to watch.

goran
01-08-2009, 07:48 AM
I would be very surprised by this - he was fighting them in various ways, legally and otherwise, so...

aapaul
01-08-2009, 11:20 AM
thank you again to you all

aqa
01-08-2009, 11:31 AM
DMM prices never come down...only up.

If people think DM8000 is going to come down in price, apart from exchange rates adjustment, they live in cuckoo land.

becouse of that people are buying azbox @ 1/3 price . if dmm put a decent price on that box i dont think azbox would have made this far so quickley . i was waiting for 8k to come out for 2/3 years everybody was saying the price range would be around 700 euro & if it was @ 700 euro they would have sold a bucket loads but @ 1k euro yes they would sell a few. thats why i have 1 azbox thinking of getting another 1 also remember dm boxs are in 6th generation while azbox in its infantry. so lets first see azbox walk then run after that we will compare with dm8k... thanks

tinos
01-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Soon we will have DM500HD and Coolstream HD1 to add to the list... and things could change. So hope OpenSAT can keep up and provides the promises...

iko
01-08-2009, 11:52 AM
@Tinos
Very Good Point ;)
It's gonna be a very Hard August for opensat...

Friendly-Face
01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
DM 500 HD will be no commpetition for Azbox HD, maybe Coolstream will be
but that is stil to be seen when that box comes out.

when it comes to DM 8K vs Azbox then i will say , DM 8k is not worth that much of money if we compare Hardware. what does it offer more to be so expencive ?

No i do not own any DM 8K now, but i did before i sold it and buy 2 Azboxes 1 Elite and 1 Premium and i do not regret it at all,
I even got some more money that i can buy another box , so i will say i can buy the Coolstream HD 1 when it comes out, this way i have 3 boxes instead of one :-)

maybe DM 500 HD , can be a coompetitor to Azbox, but they will fist make sure the box has not Hardware problems as the 800 have.

time will tell

iko
01-08-2009, 02:22 PM
1 proper box better than 4 not fully function box ;)
but for someone not Care about cccam Azbox is really good enough (Premium)...

passete
01-08-2009, 08:41 PM
DM 500 HD will be no commpetition for Azbox HD, maybe Coolstream will be
but that is stil to be seen when that box comes out.

when it comes to DM 8K vs Azbox then i will say , DM 8k is not worth that much of money if we compare Hardware. what does it offer more to be so expencive ?

No i do not own any DM 8K now, but i did before i sold it and buy 2 Azboxes 1 Elite and 1 Premium and i do not regret it at all,
I even got some more money that i can buy another box , so i will say i can buy the Coolstream HD 1 when it comes out, this way i have 3 boxes instead of one :-)

maybe DM 500 HD , can be a coompetitor to Azbox, but they will fist make sure the box has not Hardware problems as the 800 have.

time will tell

Did you realy compare both pcb's ?

With dm8k i don't see any "strap", tell me how much with Az .. ?

pr2
01-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Did you realy compare both pcb's ?

With dm8k i don't see any "strap", tell me how much with Az .. ?

Strap on the AZbox please show me where?
You never saw an Azbox motherboard, you probably refers to the image of the béta version posted on this forum in december 2008 of pre-release series.

Tell me how hot your DM800HD is when running and how long it takes for it to crash due to overheating problems?

Friendly-Face
01-08-2009, 11:15 PM
1 proper box better than 4 not fully function box ;)
but for someone not Care about cccam Azbox is really good enough (Premium)...

Realy, was DM 8000 an Proper box ??
what makes that a proper box ??
becouse it has some extra CI and USB place ??

What Hardware costs 1000 OR 1200 Euro on this box ?
No HDD, no DVD player, No HDMI, and to tell you that DM 8000 did not worked with DIABLO cam when i got it few months back. I do not know if Diablo works now as i do not have the box anymore

So to me DM 8000 is no greater than Azbox in any aspects

I have also tested DM 800 and i still have one here, and i shall tell you that i do not use it at all is gathring dusts at this time
DM 800 is a a generator for warm, and im thinking to use it on winter as soon as the temperature fals, and all the problems that box has that are not fixed yet, even that DMM updates bootloaders , secondstage **** or waht they call them this days.

I will not say that Azbox is better , read my other posts and see how i am critisizing Opensat, im critic to all producents that make Half way box.

but at list i did not pay 1000 euro for my Azboxes.

And to tell you that Azbox does what i need reads my cards and im happy with that, all i need the box to do now is read my diablo so i can see some tv with keys found on Internet.

Im not intrested in CCcam, and i do not make my self dipended on some CCcam to have TV, i buy the subscritions that i need and happly pay for them, so CCcam is not for me but more for those that uses CS and go and pay for server connection.

DM has only one thing, it makes life easy and TV on the most easy way for all ppl, and in the same category is CCcam.

Please some one explain to me what does mean <<< Strap ****>
so i can answer.

iko
01-08-2009, 11:47 PM
@Friendly Face
Dude you are right No HDD no DVD 8K is rubbish LOL
I think it's time to lock this thread Enough Bulls*** :D

passete
01-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Strap on the AZbox please show me where?
You never saw an Azbox motherboard, you probably refers to the image of the béta version posted on this forum in december 2008 of pre-release series.

Tell me how hot your DM800HD is when running and how long it takes for it to crash due to overheating problems?

Just take a closer look to you pcb, and to all other pcb's added !

Crashing my dm8k ?? when, where ? Overheating ? Never !

Crashes, happened when i overtake the box ( installing several images, playing with Dvd, hdd's, emus, etc) !
Overheating, sometimes on the same conditions (when i test all kind of "gadgets").
Mate, i own , Td, Humax, Dmm, and others, Nothing works as fast and Good as Dmm.
I'm sorry to say that, (i don't have any auctions or stock options with Dmm), and i'm not here to SALE ANY BOX !

My regards :conehead:

PS. I've waited 2,5 years to get my Dm 8000 hd Pvr, and i never was interested on Dm 800 Hd

tinos
01-08-2009, 11:55 PM
I guess strap means cables tied together... the crappy way of connecting the Tuners instead of using slots with edge connector. I have seen many complains about tuner connectors and wires getting loose and failing on users... probably he is refering to how that was designed. Maybe it is not that.

But to me AzBox insides looks nice... you can look at Coolstream pcb and that looks cheap (china build versus korea)... not good idea to add a fan on cpu when you want to watch TV on quiet enviroment.

DMM could have some experience on building nice pcbs... but doesn't seem like it... overheating on DM800 tells you otherwise...

Friendly-Face
02-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Just take a closer look to you pcb, and to all other pcb's added !

Crashes, happened when i overtake the box ( installing several images, playing with Dvd, hdd's, emus, etc) !
Overheating, sometimes on the same conditions (when i test all kind of "gadgets").

I will say look back few months when the box come out, was it plug and play ? Yes the box gets hot, and that is a fact, i am speaking of experience.

[QUOTE=passete;641036]
Mate, i own , Td, Humax, Dmm, and others, Nothing works as fast and Good as Dmm.

Wrong Wrong, Octagon 918 is faster, TD 7700 HD PVR does work fast, try the Enigma2 on it and you will see , Vantage 8000.

I to happend to own some receivers my self, abd im a lucky bastard that has a friend with an sat shop, i have the possibility to test many boxes.

I to own many boxes here, start from AB IPbox 9000 with 2 tuners, Vantage 7100 TS, Qbox One and Qbox HD, Topfield 7700 HSCI,and last Azbox Elite and Premium.

I can say without being afreid that AB IPbox 9000 is one of the best receivers i own right now, it has 3 diferent softwares i can chose from
DGS based Image, Enigma 2 images, and Eninga 1 images, this box is worth every penny in my eyes. Works good, even beter than DM 800/8000. Right now im using AAF-SummerDream Enigma2 image and it does all i need ever beter than DM 800 that i have now.

I'm sorry to say that, (i don't have any auctions or stock options with Dmm), and i'm not here to SALE ANY BOX !

Im sorry to, im not here to sell any products, and you are right somme ppl try to sell a product, but this is not ME, i do not Care what others do to defend the diferent products, i say things as they are, i do not care if the box is made form god, if it does not work it does not and i cannot say otherwise.

@IKO
you can laught, but to me that seems like pain
as you had one good box, but you are moaning about things that took DMM 7 years to fix, and look even today there is problems with diferent boxes from DMM. That is not only me that is saying.

No DM 8000 is not rubish, but for me it is NOT WORTH 1000 TO 1200 EURO. it is a good box but it does not ofer so much that will justify the price. If it was not for the Community that box was a dead fish.

Remember that it is NOT DMM that makes that box sucsessfull, but it is ppl like you and me that has made programs , plugins, emus and so on that infact makes that box what it is.

back to Azbox HD, i do not think this box is perfect and i hope im wrong but will take some time before the bugs are ruled out, the box needs some fixes, and for me personaly the problem with DIABLO cam is a major problem that i wish to be fixed. This has made me that i use the box les this days.
The menu can be a bitt more easy to navigate, and is anoing to me that some buys that have been reported are not fixed yet. But all in all i have faith in this box and i belife will be a good choise for many ppl.

passete
02-08-2009, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=passete;641036]Just take a closer look to you pcb, and to all other pcb's added !

I will say look back few months when the box come out, was it plug and play ? Yes the box gets hot, and that is a fact, i am speaking of experience.

Wrong Wrong, Octagon 918 is faster, TD 7700 HD PVR does work fast, try the Enigma2 on it and you will see , Vantage 8000.

I to happend to own some receivers my self, abd im a lucky bastard that has a friend with an sat shop, i have the possibility to test many boxes.

I to own many boxes here, start from AB IPbox 9000 with 2 tuners, Vantage 7100 TS, Qbox One and Qbox HD, Topfield 7700 HSCI,and last Azbox Elite and Premium.

I can say without being afreid that AB IPbox 9000 is one of the best receivers i own right now, it has 3 diferent softwares i can chose from
DGS based Image, Enigma 2 images, and Eninga 1 images, this box is worth every penny in my eyes. Works good, even beter than DM 800/8000. Right now im using AAF-SummerDream Enigma2 image and it does all i need ever beter than DM 800 that i have now.

Im sorry to, im not here to sell any products, and you are right somme ppl try to sell a product, but this is not ME, i do not Care what others do to defend the diferent products, i say things as they are, i do not care if the box is made form god, if it does not work it does not and i cannot say otherwise.

@IKO
you can laught, but to me that seems like pain
as you had one good box, but you are moaning about things that took DMM 7 years to fix, and look even today there is problems with diferent boxes from DMM. That is not only me that is saying.

No DM 8000 is not rubish, but for me it is NOT WORTH 1000 TO 1200 EURO. it is a good box but it does not ofer so much that will justify the price. If it was not for the Community that box was a dead fish.

Remember that it is NOT DMM that makes that box sucsessfull, but it is ppl like you and me that has made programs , plugins, emus and so on that infact makes that box what it is.

back to Azbox HD, i do not think this box is perfect and i hope im wrong but will take some time before the bugs are ruled out, the box needs some fixes, and for me personaly the problem with DIABLO cam is a major problem that i wish to be fixed. This has made me that i use the box les this days.
The menu can be a bitt more easy to navigate, and is anoing to me that some buys that have been reported are not fixed yet. But all in all i have faith in this box and i belife will be a good choise for many ppl.

Tell Just Why Dreambox Receivers are the most copied in the world ?

Why copy BULL**** ?

Let's talk about Az in a year or Two.

tinos
02-08-2009, 10:47 AM

You have tested many boxes... what can you say about zapping speed on AzBox? I think it is one of the worst... takes ages to open a channel. I know a friend that returned box because he thought CPU was crap looking at that speed... now it is 4 months later and still worst zapping speed and SD picture quality is similar (avis look amazing instead with lower resolution! same box). Also aspect ratio features and framerate issues all the way... Popcorn Hour have them fixed on his firmware almost same CPU.

jamesjay
02-08-2009, 11:01 AM
As a non DM or AZ owner (or for that matter someone that as never used a CCam server or any other server for viewing) I would like to thank everyone for their input on this thread.

I have ordered a AZbox because of the following reason.

1. The 4.2.2 transmissions make the box worth just over £300 alone...and yes I know there is no 4.2.2 blind scan yet or that there ever will be, but I like to spend time feedhunting and a professional 4.2.2 scanner would cost me more than a DM8000 which doesn't even smell 4.2.2 transmissions.

Kind regards, James.

tinos
02-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Blind scan had been promised as feature for firmware after 1.0 comes out (not top priority).

Friendly-Face
02-08-2009, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=Friendly-Face;641087]

Tell Just Why Dreambox Receivers are the most copied in the world ?

Why copy BULL**** ?

Let's talk about Az in a year or Two.

I do not have the answer to that question.
But something teels me that DMM may do that by their self.

Do you remember the Magic Cam days, why did that cam gott coppied ?
do you remember what DMM did at that time, do you still remember what DMM does this day today with the non Official HW.

I am one of the guys that have said it open, I WILL NEVER SUPPORT AN COPIED PRODUCT.

there are many other boxes that get coppied, look at Octagon, howm many other copies you have, look at Vantage how many other copies you have, does this mean that they are coppied becouse they are poppular , cos this is how i understood you,r irony.

and here we are not to discust personal feeling about one product, but discust for the pro and cons of the produst, and this thread is Azbox vs DM 8000.

@ Tinos.

Yes you are absolutly right, the Zapping time is not the best.
but i must say dipence on what you test. i will speek for my self
Azbox HD ELITE and PREMIUM, have not the best Zapping time on their side, but they are not far bihind the other boxes i can copmare to them.

And here does play a vital role the card / server .
I use my personal card directly in the card reader, and the zapping time is acctuly good with the multicas.
I have also made a newcs server here localy, and with Mgcamd connected to my Local server i have not noticed any delay form any other boxes that works with this protocoll

I have also tested with WAN servers, and here we have a major problem
here the box takes long time to decode. but here is the server from WAN that maybe slow, or maybe the card from WAN is slow , id o not know how to explain this.

Abou the other issiues, im no expert mate, but to my untrained eye the picture quality looks good on ALL my 3 TV sets. On an 42 inch tv i can see some diference , say from Vantage, here delivers vantage beter picture.
allso the SD looks a little poor on AZbox. but not that much in me eyes.

tinos
02-08-2009, 11:13 AM
I have also tested with WAN servers, and here we have a major problem
here the box takes long time to decode. but here is the server from WAN that maybe slow, or maybe the card from WAN is slow , id o not know how to explain this.

Abou the other issiues, im no expert mate, but to my untrained eye the picture quality looks good on ALL my 3 TV sets. On an 42 inch tv i can see some diference , say from Vantage, here delivers vantage beter picture.
allso the SD looks a little poor on AZbox. but not that much in me eyes.

Thanks... maybe issue is with how OpenXCAS works... but FTA speed is not <1second... some pointed out some issues on how GUI works and how long it takes to post pmt info (multiecms). Don't really know as I got used to it now. But others told me so.

On PQ I had Kathrein before and think sh4 picture quality is best. But not too happy with original fw... also with E2 PQ was not as good as original (probably not best drivers). How is Ipbox 9000HD with E2 or E1 on PQ? worst than DGS fw?

iko
02-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Azbox Better than 8K ;)
enough is enough
Friendly is right ;)
on serious side this thread should be like :
Azbox is Better because:
*Cccam works perfect
*Zap times increadible
*usb and Ethernet Ultra Fast
*Sigma Cpu Supported with LAtest Drivers all the time
etc etc

But My opinion is IT is wrong To Compare Azbox with Dm8000
Because They are from Different League
because They are in Different Class
Because Azbox is a Little Baby needs to grow up

goran
02-08-2009, 06:48 PM
I agree: fairness would demand giving time for the development of AZ!!!

But that "time" [good will] should/OUGHT not be abused...:cool:

safcsat
03-08-2009, 01:14 PM
How did u manage this mate? Im assuming the same can be done on a DM800??

kebien
03-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I have ordered a AZbox because of the following reason.

1. The 4.2.2 transmissions make the box worth just over £300 alone...and yes I know there is no 4.2.2 blind scan yet or that there ever will be, but I like to spend time feedhunting and a professional 4.2.2 scanner would cost me more than a DM8000 which doesn't even smell 4.2.2 transmissions.

Kind regards, James.

It doesn't?
You must be just missinformed.
It doesn't dislay4:2:2,but all dreambox models,since the very first dm7000 stream 4:2:2 to pc and record them natively too.
It was actually the only box that could get you 4:2:2 feeds all along the until the qualitv came out.

And for the rest,I think your experiences with receivers will give different views depending on what type of user you are,and your background,your standards,and the area where you reside.
many people put down a box or a manufacturer based solely on the bad experience you have with the box.
Is like cars,someone will complaint about a mercedez benz and swears he will never buy it again,while others know different.
What you have to do is just take the best the box has to offer,and use it to the max,stretch the limits to see where it goes.
The real overprice of the dm8000 should not be the reason to evaluate the box per se,because if you talk money,there are even cheaper HD boxes than azbox.
The fact is azbox HD will be tested over time,same case as with all dreamboxes.
The reasons you have to vouch for one or the other doesn't make the global views and acceptance,you have to give DMM the place they have gained on their own,otherwise you become a dreambox reject,that get other boxes only because you don't like DMM company,and denies the merits of their products,you cannot be partial.

If you have the money,you get a dm8000,if you don't,you get the azbox HD.
For the real hobbyist,azbox lack some tools dreambox has been using for years,like dvbsnoop,just to give an example.

chelseaboy
03-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Im going to get the AZ Box premium, from what i have read there is not much difference, the main thing that as come from this thread is the people who have forked out for the Dreambox 8000 just seem to be trying to justify that they are the best reciever, because they have paid a load of money for it.

Simple fact because something cost's more does not mean its the best.

Mind you if i had paid a grand for a reciever i would say it was the best, i personally dont think that there are many people who have bought the dm8000, the AZBOX is flying of the shelves.

kebien
03-08-2009, 04:39 PM
I didn;t say it didn't,neotionbox.

I only said dreambox can stream 4:2:2 to the pc and record them too,since the very first model.

I own both,and you don't see 4:2:2 mpeg4 HD with azbox,so,you are wrong on this one.(show me,if you can)
I do get mpeg2 HD 4:2:2 well with azbox,but then can't record it.

I'm a fair user of this receivers,have to give them the credit they deserve.

jamesjay
03-08-2009, 06:23 PM
@ kebien,

Thank you for pointing out that Dreambox's will stream 4.2.2 transmissions to a PC and record them too, I didn't know that. The problem is I don't want to stream 4.2.2 feeds to my PC or record them, because they are live feeds so recording them isn't really high on my agenda.

Just what does mine or for that matter any other forum members selection of receiver have to do with the car they drive and the area they live in, if I wanted to, I can afford to buy a DM8000 for every room in my mortgage free house...and pick them up in my £35000 car.

When the Dreamteam comes up with a £2000 box...will you be buying it for the status?

If you check the site sponsor you will find that the sponsor is stating that the AZbox supports 4.2.2 feeds, and that I support the forum unlike some members that buy overpriced Dreamboxes and don't.

To be quite frank I think this "And for the rest,I think your experiences with receivers will give different views depending on what type of user you are,and your background,your standards,and the area where you reside." part of your post was insulting to all member of this site and you should apologize.

Best Regards, James.

tinos
03-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Yes you are absolutly right, the Zapping time is not the best.
but i must say dipence on what you test. i will speek for my self
Azbox HD ELITE and PREMIUM, have not the best Zapping time on their side, but they are not far bihind the other boxes i can copmare to them.

Check one of the bugs with latest fw (to me is one of the slowest zapping box I had):

Sometimes the switching times between TV-channels is 13 Sec to 20 Sec. (since 0.9.2880)

Found it in new bugtracker:
_http://www.myazbox.de/Wiki/index.php?title=Bugtracker

pr2
03-08-2009, 08:20 PM
It mentions sometimes and not always has you try to make believe to end-user.

If you use CCcam setup a proper CCcam.prio and you will zap in 2 seconds between channels (I am zapping in 2 sec with DiseqC 1.0 Monoblock Hotbird - Astra).

Yes indeed sometimes CCcam gets a miss and then it takes longer to clear the channel and sometimes I need to restart it to speed up the process.

If people want to spend the money for a DM 8000 Hd then lets go.

If people want a good quality/performance/functionnality then go for Azbox.

And yes Azbox can display 4:2:2 HD streams either in MPEG2 or MPEG4.
No need for a PC to watch them. :001_302:
So DM 8000 HD is a very expensive box since you pay for it a higher price than for a PC and close to it you also need a strong PC able to decode the streamed 4:2:2 channels. Great box indeed!

So if you love DM so much then stay with DM.

If you want to see an evolving product with high potential, stick with Azbox, yes it is not yet perfect but it is improving, quite fast I think. And it is a stable product already usable everyday!

Pr2

iko
03-08-2009, 08:44 PM
performance?
this thread is to suggest someone a receiver
Azbox owners needs to wait for performance ;)
not yet it's too early
Azbox is better on someways on paper not in real world yet...
I.e CPU but needs to supported by manufacturer with driver and no improved driver so far !
guys hardware is nothing with no software support ...

tinos
03-08-2009, 08:45 PM
pr2, I am an end-user... and you can tell whatever you like but zapping speed is very slow. I also mention "sometimes" so whats the deal with my post?

If people want a good quality/performance/functionnality then go for Azbox.

If you consider good functionnality non working 7 days EPG and bad PVR and Multimedia (compared to Popcorn Hour with same chipset). Ok. More than 2 second zapping speed good performance... Ok.

Current firmware doesn't display HD 4:2:2 with MPEG4... but I guess you know better.

Waiting 1 year for good firmware is also expensive... how many hours can end-user spend trying to make it work??? My time is already more than $3000 so I guess I could have bought 3 DM8000 by now...

If you want to keep with beta firmware and want to spend your time playing with it go with AzBox. Wish it was different. But current situation for end-user is like I say... non working or fully functional firmware, sorry it is beta.

AJR
03-08-2009, 08:51 PM
In defence of the Azbox

Utube works well and so do the weather forecast and google map plug ins.

The menu is nice

And the red light on the remote is good.

Ummmm

Oh and I like the way the little blue light shows that your receiving HD

But the potential is great.

Friendly-Face
03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Check one of the bugs with latest fw (to me is one of the slowest zapping box I had):

Found it in new bugtracker:
_http://www.myazbox.de/Wiki/index.php?title=Bugtracker

Mate, im using the latest software , acctualy install it over the internet this time.

As i told before i use Newcs and Mgcamd to read my cards, and that works perfect with no glitches or freezes, then the channels shift is fast, 1-2 seconds.

As i said before i also have a CCcam local server here, i have tested Incubuscamd and now CCcam and LOKALY my azbox conencts fast and channel zapping is fast to 2-3 sec at most, but never 20 seconds.

I have also teste CCcam connection over WAN, and here is another story
here you can decode some time fast ,3-5 seconds , and some time upto 10 seconds, but im quite sure it is the server i have connected to.

I have testet with friends over WAN , just to see how it works, and when i connect directly to a friend i do not have problems, i can decode 3-5 seconds max.

so i think that the problem with may that moan here is the servers they connect to. personaly i am very happy with the box as i use it with my Local server, and have no need for more cards or to do card share with others.

I have been very critique to some bugs on this box, but we cannot blame the box for this CCcam stories, here some users including my self make wrong configs, some are connected to bad or slow servers, and somme blame Opensat for this and that.

If you buy a box becouse of CCcam only then you , me and many others should have think twise.

I for my self am very happy, you will say why.
Becouse i own all the cards i need, sly-uK, *** veiw, canal digital Holland, and Art , and have 2 ***** cards with nova and bulsatcom, so i see what i have it on my own. i do not depend on servers, i have invested on the cards i need, build my self a local server and can see TV.

this is one reason i say that i have stable box when it commes to veiwng tv.

Offcourse there are bugs to be solved in this receiver, but we must be realistic , even DMM that have been on the feild for so many years have so many bugs they have yet not fixed, starting form the slow transfer rate, to problematic powersupplys, hit problems and so on.

I have to say that some ppl will buy DMM product even we say they are ****, and some ppl will buy Azbox even we say they are more ****.
this is how we ppl are.
i my self am not a fanatic on one mark or another, or one producer or another, i am more realistic, and at same time i like to test new things.

anyway, i think there is no point to make war betwen witch box is better or wors, it is best to find the best of all of the receivers, and offcourse bring to the light the worst in them.

we can compare them, but every box on the marked has it is won good and bad side.

I will be reading here as on other threads, but i stop here with this DM vs AZ discustion

zeini
03-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Sometimes the switching times between TV-channels is 13 Sec to 20 Sec. (since 0.9.2880)

I've postet it. And if you have this bug, you always have a switching time of minimum 13 seconds at FTA-channel and 20 seconds at scrambled channels. I will change sometimes to someones.

digihoe
03-08-2009, 10:13 PM
When repporting channel changing times is timeshift enabled? Timeshift will slow down times, even more if it's a USB2-drive...

pr2
04-08-2009, 12:55 PM
I've postet it. And if you have this bug, you always have a switching time of minimum 13 seconds at FTA-channel and 20 seconds at scrambled channels. I will change sometimes to someones.

The point is to find what have in common the people who have such poor zapping speed. On the first investigation I do, it seems that users are using USALS.

Personnally I am not, I am using a DiseqC 1.0 Hotbird-Astra monoblock.

Pr2

zeini
04-08-2009, 02:18 PM
I never had this slow zappingtime in further firmware.
First I had this poor zappingtime at fw 0.9.2880. I made a downgrade to 0.9.2372, the zappingtime was normal. I made again dom-format and an upgrade to 0.9.2880 and the zappingtime was once again so slowly.

First I thought this is, because I have 2 Tuner in the box (DVB-S2 and DVB-T). But an other user had the same probleme only with one DVB-S2 Tuner.

I again made downgrade to 0.9.2372 and after an upgrade to 0.9.2880 without formatted the DOM. Now I also had normal zapping speed. But on next day I again have the slow zapping-time. So I downgraded the box and I will not touch more the running system, still a new Firmware is released.

Oh I've forgotten, I use DiseqC with 3 Satellite (Hotbird 13°East, Astra 19.2° East and Astra 23.5° East)
and the DVB-T Tuner is for Austria-terristical TV.

Taykun
04-08-2009, 02:50 PM
The point is to find what have in common the people who have such poor zapping speed. On the first investigation I do, it seems that users are using USALS.

Personnally I am not, I am using a DiseqC 1.0 Hotbird-Astra monoblock.

Pr2

iam using 1.1 with 8lnb and zapping time is around 4 sec (FTA channels)
This should be atleast 2sec

I have 2371 firmware, i wont install 2880 because it doesnt bring nothing new (for me).

Friendly-Face
04-08-2009, 07:22 PM
On the first investigation I do, it seems that users are using USALS.

Pr2

Nope, here i use Usals my self, and i have no problem with zapping and changing channels, it tales 1-3 or some times 1-5 seconds to change a channel, but i think is within accepteble time.

Sure i wish i can change with in 1 second, with future comming software.
I hope that this is fixed on the new comming software.

pr2
04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
I never had this slow zappingtime in further firmware.
First I had this poor zappingtime at fw 0.9.2880. I made a downgrade to 0.9.2372, the zappingtime was normal. I made again dom-format and an upgrade to 0.9.2880 and the zappingtime was once again so slowly.

First I thought this is, because I have 2 Tuner in the box (DVB-S2 and DVB-T). But an other user had the same probleme only with one DVB-S2 Tuner.

I again made downgrade to 0.9.2372 and after an upgrade to 0.9.2880 without formatted the DOM. Now I also had normal zapping speed. But on next day I again have the slow zapping-time. So I downgraded the box and I will not touch more the running system, still a new Firmware is released.

Oh I've forgotten, I use DiseqC with 3 Satellite (Hotbird 13°East, Astra 19.2° East and Astra 23.5° East)
and the DVB-T Tuner is for Austria-terristical TV.

Try this thing:

Put your Azbox in firmware 0.9.2880 and do a satellite scan to allow him to update the channel list. Stand-by your box, then reboot it.
And test the zapping speed.

You can perhaps also try to upload the channel_list from version 0.9.2371 to 0.9.2880 since it states to convert the file format.

Remember that this file format has slightly changed again, so perhaps that if you put back the channel list from 0.9.2371 without scanning satellite then the channel list doesn't totally fit the new structure.

You didn't say any word on the Emu you are running?

Pr2

goran
04-08-2009, 07:51 PM
DiSEqC 1.1, 8 LNBs and zapping time is around:

FTA = 1 sec

Encrypted = 2 secs

FW 2371. But if I do not reboot occasionally it gets worse... Dunno why it gets slower over time but it seems it does...

zeini
04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Try this thing:

Put your Azbox in firmware 0.9.2880 and do a satellite scan to allow him to update the channel list. Stand-by your box, then reboot it.
And test the zapping speed.

You can perhaps also try to upload the channel_list from version 0.9.2371 to 0.9.2880 since it states to convert the file format.

Remember that this file format has slightly changed again, so perhaps that if you put back the channel list from 0.9.2371 without scanning satellite then the channel list doesn't totally fit the new structure.

You didn't say any word on the Emu you are running?

Pr2
My emu is newcs and gcam. But I wrote the zappingtime is also slow at FTA-channel.

I know that the file format has again changed with fw 0.9.2880. But for one day I had normal zapping time. And one day later, with same firmware and same settinglist zapping was so slowly!

RABBY
04-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Think the lot of you are Talking Crap:respect-067:

It is your TV [ That makes the big Differnce] **** TV ?? All your sat boxes will do the job these days [ some better than others ] But in the long run ? Your TV Does it on HD :respect-054:

kebien
04-08-2009, 10:47 PM
@ kebien,

Thank you for pointing out that Dreambox's will stream 4.2.2 transmissions to a PC and record them too, I didn't know that. The problem is I don't want to stream 4.2.2 feeds to my PC or record them, because they are live feeds so recording them isn't really high on my agenda.
The stream is live to the pc,recording is only an option.

Just what does mine or for that matter any other forum members selection of receiver have to do with the car they drive and the area they live in, if I wanted to, I can afford to buy a DM8000 for every room in my mortgage free house...and pick them up in my £35000 car.

When the Dreamteam comes up with a £2000 box...will you be buying it for the status?

You do not seem to understand that is only an analogy about people's behaviour.

If you check the site sponsor you will find that the sponsor is stating that the AZbox supports 4.2.2 feeds, and that I support the forum unlike some members that buy overpriced Dreamboxes and don't.

You do not seem to understand that AZBOX itself doesn't promote the box does 4:2:2,they can't,and you should understand why the sponsor do.

To be quite frank I think this "And for the rest,I think your experiences with receivers will give different views depending on what type of user you are,and your background,your standards,and the area where you reside." part of your post was insulting to all member of this site and you should apologize.

Best Regards, James.
What?????
You might have read that wrong,read again.
Insulting?
Please point out what's insulting on that sentence?

Type of user : someone that just got into the hobby,someone that have years into the hobby

background : you might be a lawyer,or an electronic engineer

standards : you never had any satellite box before,you have hundreds of them.

area where you reside : some boxes are designed to work in different parts of the world,like TV can be PAL,or NTSC,tv guide,a hundreds of features might not apply to you,render those meaningless for your area.
Is all about what you need to have.

All the points will make people to evaluate a receiver in a different way.

Now,you are going to tell me which of those points are offensive to you and I will apologize.
is english your first language?
You might have not understood the sentence correctly,if so.

pr2
04-08-2009, 11:12 PM
My emu is newcs and gcam. But I wrote the zappingtime is also slow at FTA-channel.

I know that the file format has again changed with fw 0.9.2880. But for one day I had normal zapping time. And one day later, with same firmware and same settinglist zapping was so slowly!

Does it change anything if you reboot the box?
It can be a memory leak somewhere that slow down your Azbox performance.

Very strange if it works one day and not the other one. You should find what is the trigger of this performance slow down.

Is the box also globally more slow or just the zapping time.

What is you signal level and quality level?

goran
05-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Echo, echo, echooooo...:rolleyes:

P.S. What does one get when one echoes "stupid people"?!?:rolleyes::cup-006::respect-013::respect-048:

zeini
05-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Does it change anything if you reboot the box?
It can be a memory leak somewhere that slow down your Azbox performance.

Very strange if it works one day and not the other one. You should find what is the trigger of this performance slow down.

Is the box also globally more slow or just the zapping time.

What is you signal level and quality level?

I'm sure this is a bug in 0.9.2880.

There is no change if I reboot the box.
The box isn't slowly global.
My signal level at 13.0 East is 100%, Quality 66%
at 19.2 East is 95%, Quality 74%
at 23.5 East is 97%, Quality 58%

jamesjay
05-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by jamesjay
@ kebien,

Quote:

The stream is live to the pc,recording is only an option.

Quote:

You do not seem to understand that is only an analogy about people's behaviour.

Quote:

You do not seem to understand that AZBOX itself doesn't promote the box does 4:2:2,they can't,and you should understand why the sponsor do.

Quote:

Best Regards, James.

What?????
You might have read that wrong,read again.
Insulting?
Please point out what's insulting on that sentence?

Type of user : someone that just got into the hobby,someone that have years into the hobby

background : you might be a lawyer,or an electronic engineer

standards : you never had any satellite box before,you have hundreds of them.

area where you reside : some boxes are designed to work in different parts of the world,like TV can be PAL,or NTSC,tv guide,a hundreds of features might not apply to you,render those meaningless for your area.
Is all about what you need to have.

All the points will make people to evaluate a receiver in a different way.

Now,you are going to tell me which of those points are offensive to you and I will apologize.
is english your first language?
You might have not understood the sentence correctly,if so.

_________________________________ ________________

Hi kebien,

Sorry about the delay in my reply...my Azbox arrived yesterday and I needed to free up some time to play with it.

A number of posters have advised the Azbox will show 4.2.2 transmissions, that said I have been using a Skystar usb 2 costing £45 to watch 4.2.2 on my PC, and I can record the feeds to the PC's HD, I have even used the HDMI output on my lappy to watch the feeds on my TV, so if someone is happy to use their PC then they don't need to buy either box.

I am also aware of the Qualit receivers that are sometimes sold secondhand on fleabay for as much as £250...so a brand new receiver with 4.2.2 capabilities for just over £300 isn't a bad deal.

I do not have a degree in English but I can read, the wording used in your post were words that are often used when describing someones social standing in a derogatory manner, rather than the reasons for buying or not buying either box. Isn't this why, you have decided to explain what you meant, by using a solicitor and an electronics engineer as an example, what they have in common with an Azbox and a Dreambox I am unsure, is the Dreambox the engineers selection, and the Azbox the lawyers??????

The fact that you have singled out and commented on the offending words such as background, standards, and area you reside yourself, highlights that you are well aware of why I found the wording of your post offensive. Maybe it is you that does not understand, this thread is not a personal vendetta against DM owners, or for that matter Az owners, or their social standing.

Best wishes, James.

pr2
05-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm sure this is a bug in 0.9.2880.

There is no change if I reboot the box.
The box isn't slowly global.
My signal level at 13.0 East is 100%, Quality 66%
at 19.2 East is 95%, Quality 74%
at 13.0 East is 97%, Quality 58%

Your signal quality at 13.0E is very poor you need ot improve it. You should adjust your antenna. With such bad signal no HD channels can clear and SD can also be hard to open.

Taykun
06-08-2009, 09:39 AM
this doesnt matter at all. I was able to watch HD channel Luxe TV on 28.2 with 43% signal quality!

goran
06-08-2009, 10:23 AM
How dare you, sir:willy_nilly: - questioning our resident "Mister Know-it-all"...:respect-050::king-041::biggrinjester: What arrogance, to presume you may know something he doesn't... :rolleyes: :D:respect-023:

kebien
06-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi kebien,

Sorry about the delay in my reply...my Azbox arrived yesterday and I needed to free up some time to play with it.

A number of posters have advised the Azbox will show 4.2.2 transmissions, that said I have been using a Skystar usb 2 costing £45 to watch 4.2.2 on my PC, and I can record the feeds to the PC's HD, I have even used the HDMI output on my lappy to watch the feeds on my TV, so if someone is happy to use their PC then they don't need to buy either box.

I am also aware of the Qualit receivers that are sometimes sold secondhand on fleabay for as much as £250...so a brand new receiver with 4.2.2 capabilities for just over £300 isn't a bad deal.

I do not have a degree in English but I can read, the wording used in your post were words that are often used when describing someones social standing in a derogatory manner, rather than the reasons for buying or not buying either box. Isn't this why, you have decided to explain what you meant, by using a solicitor and an electronics engineer as an example, what they have in common with an Azbox and a Dreambox I am unsure, is the Dreambox the engineers selection, and the Azbox the lawyers??????

The fact that you have singled out and commented on the offending words such as background, standards, and area you reside yourself, highlights that you are well aware of why I found the wording of your post offensive. Maybe it is you that does not understand, this thread is not a personal vendetta against DM owners, or for that matter Az owners, or their social standing.

Best wishes, James.
are you out of your mind?
who's questioning social standings?
you really got it al wrong,see how many others in this thread felt offended by what I said?
none
doesn't it tell you something?
The highlights made were because i know exactly what you thought it was offensive (but only if you have social and personal problems could take it that way) ,and even an explanation didn't satisfy your twisted mind
Even telling you now that none of that had the intentions you are attributing to it won't make you change your mind.
there is nothing to apologize for in my post.

jamesjay
06-08-2009, 12:33 PM
@kebien

So now because I was the only one that took you up on then fact your choice of wording was poor to say the least you imply I have "social and personal problems".

Your first post in this thread was corrected, because you were wrong, and in a later post didn't you imply the site sponsor was misinforming purchasers of the Azbox's capabilites to increase sales.

kebien quote:
"You do not seem to understand that AZBOX itself doesn't promote the box does 4:2:2,they can't,and you should understand why the sponsor do"

I think I understand you quite well, so let's agree to disagree...even if you have something valid to say to me you ignore my posts from now on, and I will ignore yours.

kebien
06-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Those are not facts,is actually what you think it is,you are making things up,and nobody else is.

My firs post was correct,because you do not seem to know facts
If you search this forum,you will find azbox cannot promote the box as doing 4:2:2 because of licensing issuess,and the sponsor can.(even though it was told dealers not to advertise it that way).
There is a lengthy thread about 4:2:2,that explains all.
You understand I was saying the sponsor is misleading,which is not a fact,is not what's written,it is your interpretation of what is written.
You bet you have issues when you understand everything the wrong way,like " a lawyer will evaluate a receiver in a different way than an electronic engineer" and take it as a social attack.
It is a twisted view of what is posted,not a fact at all.
Disagree all you want,nothing will change what is written.

jamesjay
06-08-2009, 01:02 PM
"Even if you have something valid to say to me you ignore my posts from now on, and I will ignore yours."

I understand you, you are a tightfisted, none thanking, arrogant, bigot.

Friendly-Face
06-08-2009, 03:00 PM
i think this is about time to clouse this nonsence thread

Mods should not alowe personal fights, and we as users shall respect each other more, try to keep within the thread discustion.

im out of this thread.

mathiaskt
12-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi Guys,

I see the comparizon make has been between DM8000 and Azbox Premium - how about QBOX HD?

Thanks,

Carp95
12-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi Guys,

I see the comparizon make has been between DM8000 and Azbox Premium - how about QBOX HD?

Thanks,

Start new thread m8 this one is taken!