PDA

View Full Version : USB Harddrive Help BH0.11

rruunneerr
31-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Hi,

please can someone do my a quick guide for setting up an external USB hard drive. The hard drive has a power lead and usb connetion to my DM800HD.

I've searched using BH0.11 deice manager but it oes not find the drive, tested both USB sokets at the back.

I have rebooted the DM800 with the harddrive connecte and on but the DM800 wont go past the boot screen. i unplug the drive and the DM boots normally.

I have also tried formatting on my PC in ntfs and putting a dreambox foler with movie init.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have however managed to mount my PC harddrive, but this one is a real pain.

Thanks in advance.

KEv.

canthackit
31-07-2009, 06:37 PM
got limited knowledge on the subject, but do you not need the external SATA connection to be be connected?

regards: canthackit

dreambox17
31-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Use the plugin enigma2-plugin-extensions-mountie_0.8_mipsel

working here perfectly

hope this helps

updatelee
01-08-2009, 04:38 AM
Dreambox can not read ntfs

saintomer1866
01-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Dreambox can not read ntfs

Not true ! It can and does;)
St.O

rruunneerr
01-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi,

many thnaks for your help so far.

How do i start the mountie plugin, do i have to execute it when the usb drive is attached on and on or do i install it first then set up the USB drive?

I have just tried installing the plugiin without the USB attached and it just hung for ages.

Please can you advise me what to do next, by the way I already have my PC HDD mounted, will this be a problem?

Finally, I thought DH0.11 was suppose to make this easy with etecting any attached device?

Cheers