PDA

View Full Version : Workaround for 2 Revievers on 1 motorised dish.

Rick1980
01-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Hi all,

Just thought of a new workaround for 2 Revievers on 1 motorised dish.

I have TM500 connected to motor, Tm9100 on second output of lnb.

With My PDA Smartphone connected to wireless network I can log into the TM500 and Zap it to whatever channel I want. I have created a bouquet with a FTA channel on each sat and renamed the channels with the Sat Position.

So now if i've gone to bed and want to switch sats I just log in with my phone and zap to whichever sat I want easialy.

It's the easiest workaround I've found so far.

Regards, Rick.

Giga
01-08-2009, 11:55 AM
It is a way of working
If your motor is guided by DiSEqC or USALS and you use the loop-through on th 1st STB while it is in standby, are those commands not passed through by the 2nd STB to the motor?

Rick1980
01-08-2009, 12:41 PM
It is a way of working
If your motor is guided by DiSEqC or USALS and you use the loop-through on th 1st STB while it is in standby, are those commands not passed through by the 2nd STB to the motor?

Yes that is true, however I find the loop through very limiting as one box always have to be off which is especially not good for some activities. This way both recievers can be on and have their choice of channel from the sat the dish is pointing at.

I have written a short guide, unfortunatley I can't post attachments so if a mod could help with that pls

Giga
01-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Always choices! you could use the public upload area and refer to your thread, admin or mods will take care of it, if they see it.:20:

Rick1980
01-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks Giga. Guide can be found here. Feedback is very welcome

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=640911#post64091 1