PDA

View Full Version : Stored channels corrupted

SatSearcher
01-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Just got my AZBOX Elite 2 days ago, loaded FW version 0.9.2372 and started scanning channels in (i do this manually rather than use channel lists or GOGO, just the way i prefer to do it!). Goes ok for so long, then seems to start corrupting the channel list, eg. overwriting numerous different stored channels with the same channel 8 or 9 times. I've also noticed when this happens only the frequency is displayed at the bottom of the screen rather than frequency, SR, PID info etc. Is this a well known software bug or do i have a faulty box? It's pretty much unusable if it's going to continue doing this!

pr2
01-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Hello,

Why don't you use firmware 0.9.2880 which is the latest one?
Do a reset to factory default setting and rescan your satellite.
Once the scan is done, put the AZbox into standy, this will flush the data to the DOM and restart your AZbox.

You should have your channel list, if you create or move channels in favorites then you also sometime needs to stand-by and restart the Azbox.

Pr2

SatSearcher
01-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks for your reply. Used an older FW as i've read reports a lot of users were having problems upgrading to the new FW, and that some of the older FW's were a bit better with low symbol rates, so went with an older one to start with. Had to do a couple of factory resets already as this seems to be the only remedy for this problem. Not been able to pinpoint exactly when it happens yet, but seems to be either when editing names or moving channels, or maybe deleting a transponder. Will try what you suggest though and see if it improves.

pr2
01-08-2009, 10:16 PM
If you try to add a new Satellite it is already reported that the whole satellite list is deleted (in the latest firmware 0.9.2880).

iwols
02-08-2009, 12:50 AM
are you using usals or diseqc

iwols
02-08-2009, 12:51 AM
and do you scan each sat indidual or tick to scan a few at a time