PDA

View Full Version : No thor on DM500 After CH Update

Jono
01-08-2009, 05:23 PM
I have seen this mentioned somewhere before in the last few weeks but i can not find it for the life of me.

Ian a member on the board has told me the xml needs editing, i have tried that but it still will not motor to thor and there is no freq on thor when looked at through the dreambox menu but there all there when viewed using the dreambox edit.
This is also a problem with serius but that don't bother me much.

Can someone help it is really ****ing me off now
it something to do with the setting having 0,8 instead of 1,0 I don't know though dam thing.

I'm using the latest likra settings for enigma 1 on dm500

Cheers for any help

Jono:respect-055:

ian
01-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi mate sorry you still dont understand it.

for 5E you need to edit your xml to this

<sat name="Sirius 4 (4.8E)" flags="1" position="50">

can you see the colleration there?

if your xml is saying that Sirius is at 4.8E and so will be at position 48,you need to change it to 5E which is position 50

and for 1W to this

<sat name="Intelsat 10-02/Thor (1.0W)" flags="1" position="-10">

if your xml is saying that Thor is at 0.8W and so the position is -08,you need to change it to 1W which is position -10

or vice versa depending on what is in your xml in the first place and isnt working for you.

clear as mud now i bet lol.
ive tried to explain this problem in more detail here in post 30 and post 51 of the thread.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=113248

ian.

Jono
02-08-2009, 09:54 AM
nice one i thought it was like that and have tried that with thor but must have done something wrong as after editting xml in note pad i lost thor from the list in the dreambox edit app as well as in the DM500.

I will try it again thanks Ian

Regards

Jono

Jono
03-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Gave it a go and it worked great in a tm9100, but tonight i took the same list to a friends who has a DM500 Clone with Nabilosat bluestar 11 firmware on it and it would not work. His box see's thor as 0.9w and astra 2 as 28.4 e there for i could not get it to track to sky or to thor.
what a pain never experienced this before have always used likra settings and they have been great intill now.
what image is it best for my m8 to use on a clone DM500 as Nabilosat is **** lot of hanging and freezing.

Cheers

Jono

ian
03-08-2009, 10:26 PM
jono m8,

if thats the case on your mates box,just edit the xml to -09 and 284 respectively,save it,FTP it over and reboot the box.then he will get thor and astra 2.ian.

Jono
03-08-2009, 10:39 PM
jono m8,

if thats the case on your mates box,just edit the xml to -09 and 284 respectively,save it,FTP it over and reboot the box.then he will get thor and astra 2.ian.

I thought that tried it but it did not work astra and thor buth appeared as (removed) and when you went in to the motor setup and managed to choose thor or astra 2 there was no frequances in there.

Regards Jono

ian
03-08-2009, 10:42 PM
ok so if it appeared as removed sevices then the satellite name is also wrong in the xml file.
you will need to edit that too,to the same name as he has in his box now in the motor setup.
ive never heard of 0.9W before,thats a new one on me,but it really is just a case of editing the new xml file to have the same details as what was originally programed into the reciever.
im sure you will get your head round it in the end m8.ian.

Jono
04-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Well i really do not know now what to do lol.

i have edited this in the Satellite.XML file using note pad,

<sat name="08=0.8W THOR/INTELSAT" flags="1" position="-8">

to

<sat name="08=1.0W THOR/INTELSAT" flags="1" position="-10">

and still i have now channel list or frequances for thor
after editing and then reopening it on opendbedit thor ois no longer on 8=1.0w 8 is no where in the list except the top as -8.

i have had some things in my life get to me but this takes the ****.

by the way Ian thanks for all your help

Regards Jono

ian
04-08-2009, 07:01 PM
all i can suggest then jono is to keep trying various settings untill you find one that works.
then make sure you keep a note of that xml file for furure editing of newer files.ian.

ps not sure about the sat name=08=1.0W bit.

it should look like this.

<sat name="Intelsat 10-02/Thor (1.0W)" flags="1" position="-10">

Giga
04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
<sat name="08=0.8W THOR/INTELSAT" flags="1" position="-10">
<sat name="THOR/INTELSAT (1.0W)" flags="0" position="-10">
could this not be part of the problem?
don't have the box and don't know the syntax of that line? I just see this difference between given samples.
"THOR/INTELSAT (1.0W)" is this not a label, and should these not match against each other?
08=0.8W is this not an instruction and is it allowed in the label?
is it still working with negative values? or can you use the full value: 3590?
Check if the syntax is correct?
Sure nothing changed somewhere else? LNB power, motor setting, type of command diseqc 1.2, USALS, ...
Hope you have it fixed soon?

ian
04-08-2009, 08:19 PM
jono,
go into your satellite configuration menu and scroll down to 1W.
make a note of exactly what this satellite is called there.
this name should then be added to your xml file together with the orbital position,be it 0.8W or 1W.that translates to

<sat name="exactsatname (1.0W)" flags="1" position="-10">

for 1W

and

<sat name="exactsatname (0.8W)" flags="1" position="-08">

for 0.8W

ps just noticed from your post that you are using notepad to edit this file.

good god man,how on earth can you do it with that?
make sure you install and use a proper text editor program.i use notepad++ its nothing like the windows version,google it and install that and also make sure when saving the edited file that its saved as UNIX format and not windows format.
or at the very least use windows internal xml editor,allowing activex scripts to run.
this could very well be the cause of your problems.