PDA

View Full Version : Remote and box buttons dont work??

radioboy
02-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Hi Chaps,

Bit of a strange one this. I thought it was my remote at first but then i noticed the buttons on the box arnt working ether. The only thing that seems to be working is the holding down of the power button on the remote and box reboots the box. Apart from that i cant seem to do anything else like change channel etc. The box ccam however still decodes cahnnels. I wonder if an IC inside has poped off but thought i,d ask you guys first.

Thanks

Radioboy

AJR
02-08-2009, 07:31 PM
If the power button on the remote reboots, then it must be a corruption .. try reinstalling the firmware ?

radioboy
02-08-2009, 07:35 PM
hi whats the best way to do that? I dont have access to any of the menus...

satwyn
02-08-2009, 07:38 PM
by usb remote not needed

AJR
02-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm

Ok... download the file onto a usb stick using your pc ... plug it into the azboz .. reboot and the menu should appear, you may then be able to use the buttons on the box.

Maybe

radioboy
02-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah bit of a barst isnt it. I,ll see if i can telnet it.
The displsy has this on it [CH]Sly Scr not sure if thats correct.
If i can telnet it is there a way to delete the channel list?
And what does the battery in the RX do?

Thanks

Rad

AJR
02-08-2009, 07:47 PM
And what does the battery in the RX do?

At the least it keeps the clock ticking when the power is removed..

You can delete the ch list using ftp into /DISK2

Have you tried a very hard reset ... by pulling the plug out :D

radioboy
02-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi,

Am in the bugger on ftp. What file do i need to delete to get rid of the channel list incase its that

Rad

AJR
02-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Well it may come as a surprise.... but all_channel.dat could be the one :D

radioboy
02-08-2009, 08:06 PM
yeah did that comes up error cant find channel list.....still cant get the menu up

AJR
02-08-2009, 08:08 PM
have you tried updating via usb ?

AJR
02-08-2009, 08:13 PM
How To Reflash the box without acess to MENU -> EMERGENCY FLASH

This procedure should be used ONLY in case that was not possible acess to Menu.
1) Download a new firmware from the Azbox web site. (Format of software should be patch.bin)
2) Copy the firmware file to your USB memory stick.
3) Insert the USB memory stick into the USB port of the digital receiver.
4) Power OFF and POWER ON the reciever with the USB Memory INSIDE.
5) Wait for instructions on VFD or in screen. If you cannot see anything on TV screen use RCA or scart (not HDMI)
6) If every thing is ok The receiver will install new Software and you can recovery back the control of your receiver. AND IF YOU CANNOT GO TO TO BOOT MENU (STEP 5), or if your box STAY all time on booting phase, reboot it and when saw Checking ... on VFD press several times the button OK until go to BOOT MENU.

PAY ANTENTION IN ANY CASE DO THIS OPERATION WITH A NTFS HDD PLUGGED! !!!! I

N ANY CASE POWER OFF OR REBOOT DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS!!!!

IMPORTANT NOTE Your USB memory must be formatted in the FAT file system. Otherwise, the digital receiver cannot recognize your USB memory. In addition, the digital receiver can only recognize files and directories which are named with only alphabetic, numeric and underscore letters. If there is a file or folder named with other letters, the digital receiver cannot recognize not only it but also its subsequent files and folders.

radioboy
02-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Box boots from usb and says patch found but as before if i press the ok button or ok on the remote nothing happens
And am unable to move the arrow next to the 1 USB etc up or down...
Must be a driver in the box...

Radio

radioboy
02-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Keep your fingers crossed for me.... I held the o.k button down on the remote while booting so it held the driver. Its just installing. lets hope...

Rad

AJR
02-08-2009, 09:15 PM
fingers / arms / legs / eyes all crossed...

Smudger
02-08-2009, 09:32 PM
in my downloads directory I have a patch.cramfs file I beleieve its from my update via internet if this is copied to Patch folder and then reboot? will it trigger a update or the tmp folder?

This is guess work.

Is their a script that is also downloaded then deleted?

radioboy
02-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Well. I did get it going for all of about 2 mins. Downloaded an update went into set up my dish to enter my long and lat and then locked up again. No button do anything again.
I think this will be a phone call to Lee in the morning.

I think its proberly a broken driver which may be able to ftp in.

Thanks for all those who tryed to help.

Radioboy

Smudger
02-08-2009, 09:49 PM
did you delete / format everything as part of the update.

goran
03-08-2009, 03:07 AM
Just change the bloomin' batteries... :D

AJR
03-08-2009, 08:57 AM
:D

I think this will be a phone call to Lee in the morning.

In a world of uncertainty there is one thing that's certain ... Lee will look after you.

radioboy
03-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Just change the bloomin' batteries... :D

Glad to say it isnt that simple. After a few hours and getting the box rebuilt it did the same again.

Put up CommandFail in the display when it rebooted and then displayed again these letters in the display [CH]Adult instaed of just Adult
. What does the [CH] stand for. I would gues Channel...
Its a bit odd and would i think mean something to opensat. The channel editor shows nothing wrong. And once again remote and buttons on box not working once this happens apart from the power button when held down for 5 secs.

Will let you know what happens

Radio