PDA

View Full Version : Orbital 1m dish

Satcat
04-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Just received my 1m Orbital aluminium dish this morning.
I notice that the Plastic piece that attaches to the back of the dish with the fittings on it, doesn't have the same curvature as the dish itself, is this normal, or could it be I've been sent the wrong one for this size of dish?
Anyone with an Orbital dish able to answer this question?
Thanks

malsat
04-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Where did you buy from?
Did it not come in a orbital box?
dish could have been bent in transit.

Satcat
04-08-2009, 04:28 PM
@m*****. Yes its a genuine Orbital dish. No the dish is't bent or misshaped, it's just when I've fitted the plastic body to the back of the dish there is a gap there. This is probably the norm as It seems a firm enough fitting.
I just need reassuring. Thanks, satcat.
(it wont let me put you name up for some reason m*****)

burridge
04-08-2009, 04:30 PM
just screw the bracket on and it will be fine, the four screws hold it perfectly, excellent dish, much better than my 1m gibertin

satpaul
04-08-2009, 06:23 PM
As per last guy the plastic is slightly at a different curve, I have one its very good performer its the best 1metre dish around

Satcat
04-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks for that guys. It seemed a bit odd that the curve in the plastic wasn't the same as the dish, but now I've got it all put together it looks OK. Hope the weather gets better soon so I get get it up. (it's been pi**ing down here all day today)

satpaul
04-08-2009, 07:57 PM
A little off topic I hope the weather gets better going to Cornwall on Friday for ten days and travelling down on motorbike misses and mate driving my motorhome

malsat
04-08-2009, 10:05 PM
satcat
what motor you got?
crypticV make a special for the Orbital,makes install so much easier and accurate.
think you can't put my name as its got sat in it.

Giga
05-08-2009, 06:45 AM
not the sat but the combination al & sat together

Satcat
05-08-2009, 09:36 AM
satcat
what motor you got?
crypticV make a special for the Orbital,makes install so much easier and accurate.
think you can't put my name as its got sat in it.

I know the motor you are refering to.
I've already got at Technomate TM2200 super which is fairly new. It should (I hope) do the job.

Giga
05-08-2009, 10:07 AM
the one with the reinforced gear?

satpaul
05-08-2009, 10:31 AM
The TM2300 is the one with reinforced gears it says so on the box

Giga
05-08-2009, 10:42 AM
heard that normal gears could be problematic due to wear, still thinking if I expand one of the dishes to sat motor, or expand my fixed lnb's setup, I like zapping and if this is even possible to expand beyond a multi-switch with a usals motor?

Satcat
06-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Yes its a genuine Orbital dish. No the dish is't bent or misshaped,

On closer inspection I've notices that the dish has 2 slight indentations on the surface (very small) probably caused in transit. Would these affect the performence of the dish at all, or am I being too fussy.
Well, the weather has improved and I've got the dish installed, and it seems to be performing well enough. But would it be even better without the slight defect? Should I ask for it to be exchanged?