PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions

satworld98
04-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I finally got my Azbox HD premium yesterday and it is up and running due to info I gathered from this site (particularly – Goran’s, The alternative all one needs to know about AZbox HD detailed guide), I actually wanted to buy Cuberevo but the informative guide from Goran clinched it for me as this is my first Linux STB and I didn’t have time for endless searched for “how to set up guides”.
First Impressions:
• For firmware in beta, it is very stable and usable.
• HD quality is stunning. BBC HD is drop dead crisp.
• SD channels quality is underwhelming.
• Ability to download EMUs from internet directly is great.
• Menu is quiet intuitive and very easy to setup (thanks to Goran once again)
Questions:
• I have mgcamd and multicas up and running. Is there any particular advantage of using one over the other?
• I hear peeps here talking about Enigma, what does it do that other EMUs don’t? I am not particularly interested in CS. I just want the EMU to open as many channels as possible.
• Does it support flash i.e. to play things like BBC IP Player

• If in the future I want to learn more about CS, particularly been a client for server that provides live English premiership football, can somebody kindly nudge me in the right direction.
Wishes
• Improvement in SD picture quality
• Browser improvements and ability to us a keyboard (wireless perhaps).
• All in one tool for Azbox i.e. channel Editor, telnet/SSH, conf editor all in one.
• It will be good if it can support the red button i.e. press the red button and select alternative channels to the one that is been shown.

BE-COOL
04-08-2009, 05:25 PM
The last version of multicas also suports cardsharing, but if you want newcamd servers and to use softcam.key, you better use mgcamd (the better emu for azbox atm), if you want to open almost every channel available, get an local card and go for mbox.

Cheers.

satworld98
04-08-2009, 05:57 PM
The last version of multicas also suports cardsharing, but if you want newcamd servers and to use softcam.key, you better use mgcamd (the better emu for azbox atm), if you want to open almost every channel available, get an local card and go for mbox.

Cheers.

Thank for the response. what do you mean by a local card ?. A good nudge will really be helpul as I am a total newbie.

goran
04-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Just got back from hols... Nice to hear, thanx... ;) Perhaps someone might impart this on our new and wise, not to mention "impersonal and unbiased" moderator... :rolleyes:

"MultiCAS can do CS now" - how, please? Which protocol etc.?

I remember The_Ripper talking about using the MultiCAS reader to pass on the info read from the "local" cards, to act as a server for Mbox [the CS SW he is coding]...

"Local" card is your own smart card, the one you bought and you have it physically in your receiver's built-in slot [as opposed to your "virtual" cards, you get from your peers in your CS network].

MGcamd opens almost all available, hacked stuff... really nicely!

Which ones? You have it in my intro, m8... Thanx to people doing the key.bin etc. files for MGcamd, who wrote it in their "readmes"... not to mention the writer of MGcamd!!! ;)

It works well with NewCS to read "local cards", too...

Another good thing about it is that it can also be a CS client - for GBox.

Good luck!:respect-048:

tinos
04-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Same question here... what version of MultiCAS and what protocols does it support? I have looked inside latest on server and it doesn't have any configuration like you suggest.

Burnham
04-08-2009, 10:37 PM
What do you mean by the last item in your wish list "Wireless must support WPA2. Nobody uses unsecured wireless LAN anymore"

There is an WPA/WPA2-PSK option in the Wi-Fi set up screen. Do you have a problem with this?

AJR
04-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Nobody uses unsecured wireless LAN anymore

I do .. router is set to allow predefined mac addresses only, and as I dont have any neighbours within range, I can't see that there is any issues.

pr2
04-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Hello,

What such great guys has you didn't find the CS option in MultiCAS?

I will help you then.

Home -> 3. Plugins -> OpenXCAS -> Configure Camd -> MultiCAS -> Smartcard interface -> Smart Card Splitter

It uses it's own protocol the goal is to ease the live of people simply willing to share internally. The protocol is not secured (encrypted).

Pr2

AJR
04-08-2009, 11:30 PM
I thought I had the latest Multicas ... 1.58 ??

There is no option for Smart Card Splitter

goran
04-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Wow, such a great guy, you are, pr2... so grand in your mercifulness... We are all much obliged...

I, for one, have just come from holidays, so there's one mystery gone...

Secondly, don't you think it's a bad practice not to explain what is written?!?

I mean, for this [or any other] box, the "make or brake" is "Joe Public".

How do you expect this to happen with such practices?!?:beatdeadhorse5: :beatdeadhorse5: :beatdeadhorse5:

Bless... :rolleyes:

AJR
04-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Cant find it on 157D either... lol

don't you think it's a bad practice not to explain what is written

Also bad practice not to explain what is not written

goran
04-08-2009, 11:51 PM
DLed and installed successfully 158-Diavolo-AI -> activated it, after deactivating all others.

Home -> 3. Plugins -> OpenXCAS -> Configure Camd -> MultiCAS -> Smartcard interface -> Smart Card SplitterNot there.:ack2:

Bravo! Sheer genius! And what a help!!!:number-one-043:

tinos
05-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Now one wonders how much time we have to put up with guys like those... all lies. And not only that... they insult you for telling the truth as soon as you make any complain. So close minded... but I guess they are just normal people like us (end-users... ;-)

satworld98
05-08-2009, 09:35 AM
What do you mean by the last item in your wish list "Wireless must support WPA2. Nobody uses unsecured wireless LAN anymore"

There is an WPA/WPA2-PSK option in the Wi-Fi set up screen. Do you have a problem with this?

you are right, it does indeed supports WPA2, for a strange reason, it didn’t work at first. AJR, using MAC address filtering might work for you..but it is not real protection, it is easy to hack if the WLAN itself is unencrypted

Thanks all

AJR
05-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Good morning all

Well... it was a funny old day yesterday, maybe today someone will post the latest Multicas (wot pr2 was refering to) on the forum

but I guess they are just normal people like us

Maybe so...

But a lack of social skill is apparent..

With age and experience comes many things (apart from aches and pains) :D

What such great guys has you didn't find the CS option in MultiCAS?

Did he mean me ?? :D

BE-COOL
05-08-2009, 10:32 AM
The great thing about multicas, is that you can setup cs client/server by only using your remote.

Install lastest multicas from satelites.info/azbox server.

Cheers.

kebien
05-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Latest suppose to be -6G?
Installed from where you mentioned and there is no CS options.

AJR
05-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi BE-COOL

After looking arround your forum' I have taken the liberty of translating your post on there

================================= =====================
If the last note with MultiCam (1.57D-4T11-B) can now make cardsharing.

I found it by chance now Cheesy

Then do this:

Plug-ins

OpenXCAS

Camd Setup

MultiCam

Smartcard interface

Smart Card Splitter

You could then configure as want to be server or client.

Very cool, with a cardsharing emulator where we can configure everything with just the remote. Nothing easier than this to make sharing in the home or between friends.

Abraços!
================================= ==============

Soooooooooo it looks like (1.57D-4T11-B) is the one to try..... that is if you can find it !!

AJR
05-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Well... after searching high and low I'm unable to find the version that has the 'Smart Card Splitter'

Maybe our very own star who has the patience of a saint (Mr Goran) can hunt it down and do one of his own very special "how to" posts :D

Cos I'm now loosing the plot !!

ian51
05-08-2009, 02:22 PM
What you need to google is MultiCAS 1.58-Diavolo-AL NEW.zip. And yes it does have an option for card splitting. What you can do with it when you have it is a mystery to me. I'm just getting by with Mgcamd which does enough for me at this time. Eventually I'll learn a bit more about setting up the other good stuff.:respect-047:

goran
05-08-2009, 02:26 PM
:D With age, yes... but even the patience comes with pains and aches of this sort [NB, pr2 etc.]... :rolleyes: :D

Well, I tried with 58 - bull... I saw the previous versions inside-out, as I wrote about them - and never saw a splitter... maybe I missed it somehow, dunno... :)

The idea is of course great and if it was well written - would be great and fun! No probs, I would write about it. ;)

Moreover, we need in editor in the FW, generally speaking, to edit the "essential" [read: cfg etc. :D] files inside... ;)

I would, naturally, support it, if there's a good enough programmer/coder to do it.... as always... despite all the abuse I get for it... on occasion... from the immature squad, here and elsewhere...

But I do not write fort hem, so... :D Fortunately, there are some appreciative decent folk around and for them - it's a pleasure!!! ;)

goran
05-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Ian, I tried yesterday. Got it and - nada, zilch, nothing, zero, nista, nula... sorry...:frown:

Are there 2 different versions? For the initiated and - us?!? :rolleyes: :D

AJR
05-08-2009, 02:48 PM
MultiCAS 1.58-Diavolo-AL NEW.zip. And yes it does have an option for card splitting

Errrrr.... not on my Azzzzzzbox

Sorry Ian

Even with the new emu_module the options just not there..

Can you zip/rar and upload your Multicas folder to the public upload section of the forum, or into this thread if you have permission ?

despite all the abuse I get for it

They wouldn't of got away with it back in the old days, when Toe was a humble supermod :D

I think that in the azzzzbox area of the forum we are being left alone to more or less self moderate.... however whilst this works for the majority (inc the old and aged members) there seems to be a influx of upstarts... that are in need of bringing back down to earth.

But life's to short..

goran
05-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Toe was never humble! :p :D

Yep, a few wannabies that can make your skin crawl with pests galore.... :rolleyes: :D

Anyway...

Even with my old HRT card in [with the "58 Diavolo"] - not giving me anything at all [the OSC is dead, btw], except in Slot 1 Information -> the card details, like IDs etc..

That's in Smartcard Interface.

Nothing in Edit And Convert Keys, of course...

Without it you get three sub-menus and none of them is the one they mention.

Christ... :rolleyes:

BE-COOL
05-08-2009, 06:22 PM
The last version of multicas is MultiCAS_v157D-4T11-6G_2k90731

To enter cardsharing menu just do this:

Plug-ins

OpenXCAS

Camd Setup

MultiCAS

Smartcard interface

Smart Card Splitter

MultiCAS uses it owns protocol, maybe in future version it'll allow newcamd servers.

Mower is almost arriving from his well deserved vacations, we should have something new to play with this weekend.

Cheers.

AJR
05-08-2009, 06:26 PM
MultiCAS_v157D-4T11-6G_2k90731

I'm on my way :D

AJR
05-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi BE-COOL

I've just downloaded MultiCAS_v157D-4T11-6G_2k90731 from your server

Installed .. rebooted .. restarted

Plug-ins

OpenXCAS

Camd Setup

MultiCAS

Smartcard interface

No Smart Card Splitter option is shown ..

???

BE-COOL
05-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Hello mate, are you sure?

When you enter smartcard interface, there should be 3 options:

SLOT 1 Information
CAS Control
Smart Card Splitter

Very strange.

AJR
05-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Very very sure :D

SLOT 1 Information
CAS Control

Are there as normal.. but that's all

muki 74
05-08-2009, 07:06 PM
yes it have option smart card splitter!

tinos
05-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Maybe delete whole multicas directory before doing the install... or maybe it needs a smartcard to be inside slot?

Hope there are no different OpenXCAS versions o limitations on IP address by firmware or something...

AJR
05-08-2009, 07:19 PM
maybe it needs a smartcard to be inside slot?

Tried in and out.

[QUOTE]Maybe delete whole multicas directory before doing the install./QUOTE]

Trying that now :D

BE-COOL
05-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I removed my local card, and tried, and splitter option is there again, it wouldn't make any sense not to, because we can choose to be only client, we don't have to be server.

Remove your multicas folder, and try again.

Cheers.

AJR
05-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Removed card, deleted multicas, downloaded .... still no good

Last resort .... upgrading to latest firmware and will try again.

AJR
05-08-2009, 07:53 PM
BINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

You have to have 2880 installed....

Many thanks to BE-COOL for sticking with me on this...

And a special hug for tinos for the "firmware or something" suggestion.

toffa58
05-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Hello,

I was thinking of getting as Azbox for c/s etc,it does seem to be the receiver thats everyones talking about even though its gobildeegooch to me, saw this on another forum is there anything to worry about, please read this and offer any comments to me that are constuctive.

here goes---------------toffa58

From now on the beta test area is closed!
We support from now on not further the Abzockerpraktiken of Opensat and Impex!
These companies are anxious only to pull the money from the pocket to the users with scrap metal!!
The last software renewals were only a cosmetics improvement of the sales policy of the og companies to good came!
This Board cannot be stretched further for these methods before the cart!!
Fakt is that this box becomes anyhow no more wide supportet, because long time ago a new model is in the planning
Only the stock should be emptied by Impex and at the expenses of the customers!!
I do not take part in this little play!!!!
AZBOX SUPPORTFORUM your comments be they positive or negative.

AJR
05-08-2009, 08:49 PM
is there anything to worry about

There is a letter from opensat kicking about that says there is nothing to worry about...

However ...

My personal outlook and advice to you on all this mud slinging is to wait and see what the new software gives us (2nd week in august)

If its just the same as the last "cosmetics" 1 step forward 2 back then you have the answer... if however its loads of steps forward with a new software guru and beta tester team (as has been promised) then get your credit card in one hand and the telephone in the other and hope they are still in stock :D

BE-COOL
05-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Opensat should improve their firmware fast, competition will be stronger soon, Qbox HD is starting to be stable, CoolStream looks to be in the good path, Mvision linux hd receivers are about to arrive, and mvision does very good receivers for cheap, and for the dreambox fans, DM500HD with dual-core cpu will arrive in september, kathrein and dgstation receivers, in the other hand seem to have very slow support. And I'm still waiting for itgate new hd receiver :)

Cheers.

kebien
15-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Does anyone have any idea about the multicas cs protocol?