PDA

View Full Version : WLAN module down

geezerpl
07-08-2009, 12:56 PM
My Azbox ceased to recognize & connect to home WiFi network.
Tried everything.
LAN works fine

FW 2371

Burnham
07-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Can't help unless you give more information.

Step one - do a hard reboot (remove power) - then say what happens when you search for a wifi signal.

geezerpl
07-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Did that a couple of times as well.

Another weak point of Azbox ?
Looks like service job on the horizon...

AJR
07-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Can your wifi network see the azbox mac address ?

If all the azbox settings and your network are ok ... then its fooked

fudgie
07-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Hi,

try this. Switch off your router. Boot the Azbox. Switch back on router and reboot the Azbox.

If that doesn't work have you tried setting your wifi encryption to WPA-PSK encryption instead of WEP? When I first recieved my Azbox wifi set up was a doddle under WEP. Since FW upgrades I have only been able to connect using WPA-PSK.

If this works it would mean having to set other wireless devices to use WPA-PSK as well.

Hope this helps

geezerpl
10-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Good news - Azbox not going to the service station (not yet). Changing FW helped to fix WLAN issue
Bad news - now LAN also gives me headache! Connection lost occurs every couple of hours. Can't access internet and the box from my PC.
My PC and PDA still have normal web access

FW 2371 - WLAN malfunctions
FW 2880 - LAN malfunctions.

Great ! :-/

pr2
10-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Did you check your ethernet cable? Try to replace it.

Does a reboot fix your problem?

humaxarie
10-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Signal lost, could also be a problem, which channel router use. And your neighbours..

Try with netstumbler to find an unused channel...
Maybe that will help ???

greetz

this is ofcourse wifi, and not your fixed

geezerpl
10-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Did you check your ethernet cable? Try to replace it.

Does a reboot fix your problem?

What can happen to a cable under normal cir***stances ??? :) I've been using same modem, router, AP, cables for over 2 years.

Of course rebooting helps (hard better then soft) but makes LAN connection stable for 3-5 hours.
WLAN stable much longer (1-2 days) with FW2880 but than... mgcamd works smoother on 2371/2372.

P.S.
I have internal sharing + occasionally check the YouTube. Maybe the LAN overheats ? :)
Reported this evenement to Opensat.

geezerpl
10-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Signal lost, could also be a problem, which channel router use. And your neighbours..

Live in the village. No neighbours within a mile.
So don't use any access control.