PDA

View Full Version : TM 6900 Super+ internet Help

tony52
09-08-2009, 11:21 AM
My TM 6900 Super+ is connected by LAN cable to =>power-line network adaptor to => router
Q1: is my connection safe? or do i need to do something to make safe?
Q2: in my TM ISP i see this:
DHCP Usage ON
IP Address 192 x x x
Subnet Mask 255 x x 0
Gateway 192 x x 1
DNS 194 x x 100
Mac Address 00 x x x x x

How safe my connection is whit the above?

Q3: wen I Input 8281 i get this:
Name
ID
Address
Port
Des-Key
Current Status

wen I input by remote control all the details of the free server found on the internet, and press the yellow connect button i get this message on the Current Status box: Invalid ID or DES-KEY

what I'm doing wrong?
Please help I'm very new at this big thanks in anticipation

PS: GIGA i like your pictures explanation I've learn a lot from-it

drahcirk
09-08-2009, 11:34 AM
if its a free server, chances are its expired,.

Giga
09-08-2009, 12:03 PM
My TM 6900 Super+ is connected by LAN cable to =>power-line network adaptor to => router
Q1: is my connection safe? or do i need to do something to make safe?
your behind your modem and router with basic firewall. That would be safe enough I think.

Q2: in my TM ISP i see this:
DHCP Usage ON
IP Address 192 x x x
Subnet Mask 255 x x 0
Gateway 192 x x 1
DNS 194 x x 100
Mac Address 00 x x x x x

How safe my connection is whit the above?
looks normal from here, Home networkrange is not passed along the router to the outside. As long as you dont put the the TM in the DMZ this should be OK

Q3: wen I Input 8281 i get this:
Name
ID
Address
Port
Des-Key
Current Status

wen I input by remote control all the details of the free server found on the internet, and press the yellow connect button i get this message on the Current Status box: Invalid ID or DES-KEY

what I'm doing wrong?
Please help I'm very new at this big thanks in anticipation
check:
both ID (login) and DES-Key (typo is easy)
Address: name or address you connecting to
the router should have a log, see if you find there something.

Find someone that is willing to let you test CS on one off the CS STB boxes (dreambox, reloop, only a couple have this serving capability, most are only clients)

PS: GIGA i like your pictures explanation I've learn a lot from-it
visual says more then words

tony52
09-08-2009, 12:38 PM
thanks GIGA, wen you say DMZ what "DMZ" stands for? so everything i'm doing its ok? and i need to find a proper server and everything should work i'm correct?

Giga
09-08-2009, 12:51 PM
If all the info you have matches with what you put in the field it should be ok. login or id is case sensitive, DES not (hex values 0-9,a-f). server can be tested with the browser, or with ping from your computer, you should get some reply.

I think you're on the right track, myself I did not progress this far.

DMZ = demilitarized zone, you can place one internal IP address outside the lan in to the wan, this means that box would be unprotected by the router firewall. The box in the DMZ would be straight connected to your wan ip address (the one you get from your internet provider) everyone that find out that ip address could have access to that box

tony52
09-08-2009, 02:42 PM
If all the info you have matches with what you put in the field it should be ok. login or id is case sensitive, DES not (hex values 0-9,a-f). server can be tested with the browser, or with ping from your computer, you should get some reply.

I think you're on the right track, myself I did not progress this far.

DMZ = demilitarized zone, you can place one internal IP address outside the lan in to the wan, this means that box would be unprotected by the router firewall. The box in the DMZ would be straight connected to your wan ip address (the one you get from your internet provider) everyone that find out that ip address could have access to that box
thanks m8 very well explained once again

tony52
10-08-2009, 12:42 PM
how i can input whit the remote control a line like this: "USER : amigo_c1 ======> amigo_c200" i cant find this ">"

and also were do input the "CAID" number

Giga
10-08-2009, 01:17 PM
how i can input whit the remote control a line like this: "USER : amigo_c1 ======> amigo_c200" i cant find this ">"
think these represent possible user login's
amigo_c1
amigo_c2
amigo_c200

and also were do input the "CAID" number
caid gose in to the filter part
look at the third picture (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=640199&postcount=26) <= click here

tony52
10-08-2009, 01:56 PM
think these represent possible user login's
amigo_c1
amigo_c2
amigo_c200

caid gose in to the filter part
look at the third picture (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=640199&postcount=26) <= click here

thanks m8, i've seen your link https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=640199&postcount=26

what i need to do to get the menu server list?
wen i imput 8281 i only get this menu:

Web Setting
Name
ID
Address
Port
Des-Key
Current Status

Giga
10-08-2009, 02:04 PM
check the firmware on system information? 6900HDsuper, latest 687 p

tony52
10-08-2009, 02:49 PM
thanks m8, i've this installed 679p that's why

Giga
10-08-2009, 03:19 PM
no problem, please note protocol only new camd, nothing else.

tony52
10-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I've installed 687p, and i still get the problem wen reconnected LAN cable cause the TM6900 super+ to keep rebooting itself, so I've re-installed 679p thanks anyway i now know wen the new upgrade patch comes out were to put the CAID

red alert
11-08-2009, 04:54 PM
I've installed 687p, and i still get the problem wen reconnected LAN cable cause the TM6900 super+ to keep rebooting itself, so I've re-installed 679p thanks anyway i now know wen the new upgrade patch comes out were to put the CAID

I had the same problem i fixed it by turning DHCP "OFF" in the technomate ip settings then just manually enter the settings like dns and subnet and ip. Some routers cause the technomate to reboot when the technomate DHCP is "ON", i tried on netgear router and with DHCP "ON" in technomate it would reboot but when i used a buffalo router there was no reboot with DHCP "ON". Leave the router settings as DHCP "ON" always.
If you need to know what to enter manually in you can type ipconfig/all in command prompt to get an idea what to enter.

Giga
11-08-2009, 05:52 PM
still running 687p here and stable, don't have the problem here behind a swith and ADSL/modem router. Seems a good idea before you connect the ethernet cable to clean out all entries with the delete key in the 8 2 8 1 menu.

tony52
12-08-2009, 08:43 AM
I had the same problem i fixed it by turning DHCP "OFF" in the technomate ip settings then just manually enter the settings like dns and subnet and ip. Some routers cause the technomate to reboot when the technomate DHCP is "ON", i tried on netgear router and with DHCP "ON" in technomate it would reboot but when i used a buffalo router there was no reboot with DHCP "ON". Leave the router settings as DHCP "ON" always.
If you need to know what to enter manually in you can type ipconfig/all in command prompt to get an idea what to enter.
thanks m8, I'm going to try that and i will report back

tony52
12-08-2009, 08:46 AM
still running 687p here and stable, don't have the problem here behind a swith and ADSL/modem router. Seems a good idea before you connect the ethernet cable to clean out all entries with the delete key in the 8 2 8 1 menu.
thanks GiGA, I've already try that one and dint work, so I'm going to try the advice of red alert

tony52
12-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Red Alert, I've tried your way and the receiver is stable, i did copy my details already that i ad on the TM IP setting, is't safe to have DHCP "OFF" on the TM,
and also how can i tested to see if it works. I've not been able to find a *********r to test do you have any suggestions?
thanks

Giga
12-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Yep, it is safe to have DHCP off: is only automated IP address asignment.
networktest can be done with this way:
TM Super: moving files from USB Harddisc over Ethernet (step by step) (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=113433) <= click here
C S s e r v e r, are you on your own. (only n e w c a m d, none of the others)
C S Server test! (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=643299) <= click here
Portforwarding test! (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=643287) <= click here

tony52
12-08-2009, 04:34 PM
its working i can connect wen i put the details in newcamd but channel are still black any ideas?

Giga
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
its working i can connect wen i put the details in newcamd but channel are still black any ideas?
could be several
your timeout settings (try decreasing/increasing)
channel is broadcasting, program start after certain time (adult?)
connection between the 2 points is to slow, and the code arrives to late.
congratulations you got further then I got .:respect-046:

tony52
13-08-2009, 10:23 AM
could be several
your timeout settings (try decreasing/increasing)
channel is broadcasting, program start after certain time (adult?)
connection between the 2 points is to slow, and the code arrives to late.
congratulations you got further then I got .:respect-046:
thanks GIGA, I've not been anywhere without a lot of help from people like you. wen you say adjust "timeout settings" do you mean the "seconds"?
PS. i've sent you a PM

Giga
13-08-2009, 10:32 AM
yes, that would be that field.

Italtony
31-08-2009, 04:32 PM
@holmroad

Quote:

Most of the probs with the Super 6900HD has were caused by people loading the wrong patch
the one for the basic 6900HD - especially the blind scan and the rebooting itself probs!

If I might be able to comment on this incredible thread of confusion I can confirm that I have managed to get "CONNECTED" to a private server OK Using 688p (with factory reset).

However all is not so rosy as it may seem, my picture clears for a second or two before the TM6900HDS keeps resetting itself in a constant cycle. Now obviously to get some clarity on this matter I have installed the correct patch in the correct manor, I have installed the correct IP settings as outlined in this thread or else otherwise I would not be connected to the private working server, and I have in my router "testhost" clearly visible. What I cannot understand is tony52 had the same issue (SEE QUOTE BELOW) and got his to work after taking advise from red alert which incidentally I also followed but still encountered this same issue of resetting irrespective.

PREVIOUS QUOTES
tony52
I've installed 687p, and i still get the problem wen reconnected LAN cable cause the TM6900
super+ to keep rebooting itself, so I've re-installed 679p thanks
anyway i now know wen the new upgrade patch comes out were to put the CAID

red alert
I had the same problem i fixed it by turning DHCP "OFF" in the technomate ip settings
then just manually enter the settings like dns and subnet and ip. Some routers cause
the technomate to reboot when the technomate DHCP is "ON", i tried on netgear router
and with DHCP "ON" in technomate it would reboot but when i used a buffalo router there
was no reboot with DHCP "ON". Leave the router settings as DHCP "ON" always.
If you need to know what to enter manually in you can type ipconfig/all in command prompt
to get an idea what to enter.

tony52
Red Alert, I've tried your way and the receiver is stable, i did copy my details already that
i ad on the TM IP setting, is't safe to have DHCP "OFF" on the TM,
and also how can i tested to see if it works. I've not been able to find a *********r to test
do you have any suggestions?

I am using a Thompson Spreedtouch wireless model 585 v6 router, does anyone know how to truly resolve this issue or is this in fact a patch software issue that needs to be further addressed...?

Assistance & comments appreciated....

ANTonio:sifone:

Giga
31-08-2009, 04:56 PM
seems to be different issues
if you did a factory reset: you have to clean out all filters, using blue button (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114462) and to be sure clean also the server list (a lot of garbage in there)
most likely while using the filter there was better communication
some servers are not good at all (frauds, ...) this is when you get crashes.
if using Wifi, use cable and see how that works.

In several posts, I've already said:
you cannot use blindscan on mutliple satellites on an existing channellist, to many stations (Radio+TV) for only 10000 allocations.
your adding also additional transponders to the transponder list and these are also most likely limited in allocation.
If you have an C-band frequency in your transponder list the Technomate will reboot.

Italtony
31-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Thank you Giga for your prompt reply, here is what so far I can confirm:

1. No C-Band Fequencies in TP list
2. Filters all cleaned (used Blue Button)
3. Server list all cleaned out
4. Connected to LAN using cable OK

The one thing that threw me completely and only because I just haven't got a clue is where you mention the Advanced NAT CONFIG which with my router I just wouldn't know where to start if this indeed could be the issue for the problem at hand. My firewall as far as I can make out is set to standard.

There are various options to set so called Games & Applications but like I said all this is a little beyond my technical ability when it comes to configuring the router, should this be the actual cause for resetting then I would have no other option then to accept defeat and again thank you for your effort & assistance on the matter....

Giga
31-08-2009, 07:00 PM
check the router manual for port forwarding or its help menus in the webinterface. If you see the server connected in the TM [viacc/seca/cona/...) just keep the connection [viacc/seca/cona/...) needed for the channel you want to see. You need to find out the C A I D and I d e n t for that provider. Don't use filter on auto but use the specifique filter page.
If you get reboots, then most likely the server is not OK.

General advise would be here in the forum: stay away from commercial C S servers

If you would need more advice regarding router usage:

http://www.pcdudes.co.uk/

tony52
01-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Hi Italtony i did solved the problem of receiver keep rebooting itself whit patch 687p, following the advice of Red Alert to imput manually the settings like dns and subnet and ip. and it did work by stopping the receiver to reboot itself.
I've gone back to patch 679p because with the latest patch's i cant clear the rai channels, so until a new patch comes along that solved this problems i would suggest to you to use the 679p