PDA

View Full Version : sensitive DVI socket...... !!???

apriliarsvr
09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
hi all...:respect-050: i connected up my 800 hd for the first time this weekend and discovered i had no picture on the tv....:cuss: so after a while of being totally confused:07: i thought that perhaps giving the plugs in the back of the dreambox a wiggle might help...( as i didnt know wot else to do....:beatdeadhorse5:!!) and the screen lit up :woohoo-022: but i only have to move the DVI connection slightly for the picture to dissapear even with the retaining screws tight..!!! :eek:

is this normal..!! :toetap05:

echelon
09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
but i only have to move the DVI connection slightly for the picture to dissapear even with the retaining screws tight..!!! :eek:

is this normal..!! :toetap05:

no its not normal

Giga
09-08-2009, 09:48 PM
no it is not normal, do you have access to another cable? faulty cable perhaps? Or test the cable on other equipment?
never wiggle connectors! These soldered contacts on the mainbord could get loose and progresive get worse, draw sparks and this could be fatal for the electronic components.

apriliarsvr
09-08-2009, 10:25 PM
i didnt think this was normal... when i say "wiggle" i say that in the gentlist terms... i only have to touch the connection lightly with my finger..!!

im a bit dissapointed as this is its first time out the box... but i will be in touch with the supplier tomoro..!!

canthackit
10-08-2009, 10:19 AM
i disagree with the others, mine has always been like it.

no probs mate once you've got the DB in place and working just leave it it'll be fine.

regards: canthackit

loveman
10-08-2009, 10:58 AM
I agree with the posts saying it's not normal...

I have mine attached via the dvi, and I can move the box around to get to the power etc, and it still shows the signal on the tv. So it shouldn't really be going off at the slightest movement...

But maybe this is problems with the different batches of the machines?!

canthackit
10-08-2009, 03:02 PM
yep i concur loveman :respect-048:

regards: canthackit

sonic1
10-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Never had a problem with mine or the two that I look after for a m8, send it back :respect-056: