PDA

View Full Version : Help will not decode even FTA

zubus
10-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi, just got my azbox back from goldwaffers after Lee had the cam sorted so I can use my diablo. Now I cannot clear anything, with or without the diablo. I keep thinking I am doing something wrong but it beats me. The dish is pointing the right way but still nothing, I have reinstalled the firmware ect. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Ian

enrico001u
10-08-2009, 01:15 PM
seems to suggest you are not recieving a satellite signal.

can you try with another reciever?

AJR
10-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Its a worry if you cant get FTA

Check your settings ... power to lnb and so on.

Remove the diablo .. delete all emus and try FTA again, maybe there are conflicts ?

But the best idea in the whole wide world ever.... is to contact Lee and see what he suggests.

xanadu
10-08-2009, 01:18 PM
More to the point , has anyone had the Diablo mod done successfully?

goran
10-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Redo everything from scratch with the latest FW and CS/EMU SW and tell us, please... ;) :)

It would be cool to know if it all works with the modification and so on...

Thanx!;)

zubus
10-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Tried a fta receiver ok on 28.2 and works fine, but not on the axbox. It shows the signal is 100% strength 89% quality but still not clearing. I have removed the softmod cams rebooted still nothing, That is with the diablo removed from the receiver.

goran
10-08-2009, 01:35 PM
I refer my downright dishonourable pirate colleague to the answer I gave some moments ago... :D :D :D

zubus
10-08-2009, 01:51 PM
deleted the cams, reinstalled fw still blank screen.

goran
10-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Ooooooooooopppppppppppssssssssss. ...........:eek:

What did you do exactly, please?:o11:

zubus
10-08-2009, 02:48 PM
I have done a factory reset, reinstalled the latest firmware. I have tried the reciever on a fixed dish pointing to 28.2 still no joy. Talking to Lee at goldwaffers he said he had the diablo cam working in it and it was working well, so it sounds like something might have came loose while it was in the post

gtg60
10-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Open it up and check the tuner cable connection.
Also make sure the sat cable is going into the input at the bottom.

nosmo king
10-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Do not open it

Lee wont like it

AJR
10-08-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm sure that that if you asked Lee he wouldn't mind you looking.... if there is a loose connection it will save everyone a lot of bother.

zubus
11-08-2009, 06:33 AM
I know my limits, tinkering with stuff inside the azbox is one of them.It's going back to Lee today, to be fair to Lee he has been as good as gold over this. You only find out how good the service can be when things go wrong and I have no complaints with Lee, nothing seem too much trouble for him and I'm sure he will sort the problem out.

Ian

bobbyboil
11-08-2009, 07:50 AM
all i can suggest is you check the connections from box to tele

ie

scart or hdmi lead in properly,
correct choice of input on tele

basic stuff , i dont mean to be patronising ntw

AJR
11-08-2009, 12:19 PM
and I have no complaints with Lee, nothing seem too much trouble for him and I'm sure he will sort the problem out.

Which is a point I have made in many threads....

Search the world .. and you will probably be able to get something cheaper than Lee's price, but by the time you pay the extra shipping... and maybe import duty and vat, the gap narrows considerably !!

Any one can set themselves up and sell boxes on the internet (it doesn't matter if those boxes contain vacuum cleaners or satellite receivers).. but what sorts out the good sellers is the quality of the after sales service.

In my honest opinion, the quality of Lee's service is unbeatable.

pr2
11-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Do you check all your satellite settings, doesn't you have something changed in the configuration. DiseqC or whatever.

If you got signal and quality like you mention then tuner is working.
What happens when you launch a satellite scan, does it find channels?

AJR
11-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Lol...

It's going back to Lee today,

zubus
12-08-2009, 03:27 PM
First thing I done was checked the settings. It's on it's way back to me now, repaired, the capacitor on the tuner mod was shorting.
The diablo works in it, job done.