PDA

View Full Version : Any news on AZBox Official Forum????

chrisuk76
10-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Can see others have joined, presumably devs and admin, but still waiting to see a general register option.

Can anyone, particularly hfmls shed any light on this?

Cheers

geezerpl
10-08-2009, 06:35 PM
C'mon - its HOLIDAY season / the weather in Portugal too nice to sit behind the PC :)

manhatten
10-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Wish I was there Love LAGOS

man

hfmls
10-08-2009, 07:12 PM
hehehe true true! :) weather is getting really good again! :) august is the most summerish month in portugal :P

forum registrations are closed at the moment, but i can see that from day to day, new topics are created. so, they are working on it :) when i have the news i'll say.

a7v8x
10-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Ah not long back from Alto Do Moinho Albufeira, wish I was back there now :party: Looking forward to a bug free firmware.

NoMaD
13-08-2009, 01:12 AM
C'mon - its HOLIDAY season / the weather in Portugal too nice to sit behind the PC :)

hoping the sun still not untill november

and for the vacancy of Christmas, carnaval and easter ( like at school ) :smilielol5: , opensat make also a break in the development ?:nopity:

Taykun
15-08-2009, 12:21 PM
i think they will open forum when new firmware will be released

they already opened registrations but admin group must confirm every new registration...

hfmls
15-08-2009, 12:22 PM
today

13x025
15-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Yep!
You can register yourself but cannot login to the forum yet...
As soon as I completed the registration they sent me an email****>

Your account is currently inactive, the administrator of the board will need to activate it before you can log in. You will receive another e-mail
when this has occurred.

:toetap05:

MrKappa
15-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Just wait on monday the administrator activate the account.
It is not automatic as several forums.

oregon
15-08-2009, 11:01 PM
where is the official forum?

willy72
15-08-2009, 11:22 PM
where is the official forum?

On the azbox.com site.

Taykun
16-08-2009, 04:08 PM
today

:D maybe you meant tommorow?:D:D

hanswurscht
16-08-2009, 05:09 PM
official german Opensat Forum is myazbox.de

goran
16-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Echhh... any idea how long this is "in the making"... :rolleyes::beatdeadhorse5:

:biggrinjester:

Smudger
16-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Wonder if the board will be avaialbe in the default favourites in next firmware.

goran
16-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Are we talking bets? :D

enrico001u
16-08-2009, 10:26 PM
LOL no I lost my last bet

hfmls
16-08-2009, 10:44 PM
forum is allready open.....at the moment only for admins and beta testers...forum is done. and we're allready using it. maybe it will open when new firmware is released. at the moment we are preparing a full stable firmware to public users.

you will not regret it. believe me.

goran
16-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Hehe, been in prep for donkey's years now, m8...

But the stuff is already out... everywhere...

Good luck! :)

xanadu
16-08-2009, 10:56 PM
at the moment we are preparing a full stable firmware to public users.

Firmware has always been stable...........

Just never worked properly. :D :D

No major improvements then?? :rofl:

xanadu
16-08-2009, 11:09 PM

Let's hope you are right......

:beatdeadhorse5: :beatdeadhorse5:

Smudger
17-08-2009, 07:01 AM
forum is allready open.....at the moment only for admins and beta testers...forum is done. and we're allready using it. maybe it will open when new firmware is released. at the moment we are preparing a full stable firmware to public users.

Would have been nice to have the board set it to read only to see progress.

Juka
17-08-2009, 02:46 PM

Hello hfmls

I believe you! :D
Waiting for my activaction and new release! :o16: :D

Regards
Juka :respect-054:

chrisuk76
17-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Thought the board would be open today and registrations approved?

hfmls
17-08-2009, 07:07 PM
that's not for me to decide. :) it was supposed too. can't talk about it, but soon.sorry

enrico001u
17-08-2009, 07:23 PM
well thanks at least for trying to keep us informed.
at least we know things are moving behind the scenes
Im sure people understand you will have been sworn to secrecy.

goran
18-08-2009, 01:43 AM
Hehe, worry not, he'll learn...:sifone: I was once a very hopeful young man, too, you know... :D :number-one-043::respect-039:

Smudger
18-08-2009, 06:50 AM
would lke to think somehow the board is controlled to owners ie box serial numbers required. I mayalso help with motherboard related problems.

rdann
18-08-2009, 08:49 PM
would lke to think somehow the board is controlled to owners ie box serial numbers required. I mayalso help with motherboard related problems.

The problem with this is that there are many people like me keeping a close eye on the progress of the AZ HD with the view to buy when the problems have been sorted. If we can't see what is happening, then we will not buy, so less sales = less support, just my view.

paul01609
18-08-2009, 08:58 PM
well tuesday have been and gone still no new updates

hfmls
18-08-2009, 11:28 PM
you guys just have to wait a little more.... like i/we said, no firmware is gonna be released with new bugs, so take your conclusions.

around this week there will be news. it's my last post about this subject, all i can say, things are really going in the right direction now.

forum isn't open yet, because there is no need! organizing stuff!

Juka
18-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Of course everyone likes the good news. When someone says there will be a new release/firmware, the users stay :o16: ... hehe If no one says nothing, everybody says So what? No news? hehe
As someone said in Portugal (Jaime Pacheco):
" É uma faca de dois legumes..." :D
So my friends, we are all on the same side. :respect-054:
Don´t forget that I´m still waiting too... :sifone: hehe

Best regards
Juka

Tiptronic
19-08-2009, 12:43 AM
why would anyone need another azbox forum? this place got everything there is for azbox..

NoMaD
19-08-2009, 07:03 AM
why would anyone need another azbox forum? this place got everything there is for azbox..

Hi man,
why i need a official board ?
already for ask some basic questions about my receiver and warranty , install HDD , install Fan etc...
and also because popeye and maya l'abeille have forum :smilielol5:

why not a AZBox official forum ? :sifone:

i need informations official , i want to install a HDD in my AZ premium
I allowed to install a hdd myself without lose warranty ?
if i follow this tutorial (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105220) and somes thing go wrong , who will repair my AZBox , You ?

regards
NoMaD skunk :sifone:

AJR
19-08-2009, 08:49 AM
if i follow this tutorial and somes thing go wrong , who will repair my AZBox , You ?

Thats the problem with Marijuana :D

Official info will be just as limited on the 'open sections' of the official forum as on anywhere else

If you install a hdd and it goes wrong, then no matter where you get the instructions..... your on your own,

pr2
19-08-2009, 09:32 AM
if i follow this tutorial (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105220) and somes thing go wrong , who will repair my AZBox , You ?

Hello,

Of course if you purchase a Premium you are allowed to open it to install a HDD, this is not difficult simply follow the PDF to connect right the Sata and the HDD power. The maximum supported size is 1 TB, if you want to go higher you need to format it yourself in ext3 on a Linux system and then install it in the box.
You won't lose your warranty simply by installing a HDD, otherwhise Azbox would have sold Azbox with build-in HDD. :-)

Pr2

enrico001u
20-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Well looks like its time to sell the Azbox and revert back to dreambox
at least they keep there customers upto date with whats happening.
Obviousley no support is coming any time soon for the azbox.
If people are not allowed/Wont keep us informed about if/what/ and when things are happening with azbox why should customers bother.

I like many others have been patient.
all people ask is for progress reports every now and again but even this simple task seems like too much to ask.

dreambox = average box with great support = top seller

Azbox = superb box with no support = Pointless