PDA

View Full Version : Factory RESET of AB-IPBox 9000HD

AcWxRADAR
11-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Hello friends,

I made a mistake while setting up my new 9000HD receiver. I was using the S-video output, but had only B/W display. I went into the A/V setting menus and inadvertently changed something, but I do not know what (I was merely browsing the selections available) and left one of them in the wrong setting. When I exited the menu, it retained my unwanted selection and now I have NO video on any output (s-video, composite, component or HDMI).

How can I factory reset to recover from this error? Or is there some other method that will work? I am kinda shooting blind at making menu selections to recover from this as I have no idea where I am at in the A/V menu. But, at least I can make it into the menu that far.

There is an instruction in the manual for selecting the TV TYPE, but I cannot seem to get the unit to respond according to the directions.

These instructions state to TURN OFF the STB, press the POWER BUTTON -> MENU BUTTON and hold and then press either the up/down buttons until your TV selection appears. I am not having any luck with this instruction. I am hoping that I am merely doing something a bit out of step - some simple mistake.

Thank you for your time and patience,

RADAR

Friendly-Face
11-08-2009, 09:06 PM
When the TV SYSTEM (your TV type) does not match to the STB setting, TV screen and/or audio may not show properly.

To fix this while booting up the receover:
Press power button and press menu button until the resolution shows in the front display. you have to hold them in at same time, or try to hold inn Power and press in Menu on fron panel ( NOT REMONTE )

Use up/down direction buttons to select the wanted resolution.
press OK button to select.

TAKEN FROM ********

or easy , connect a scart to the tv and the box and change back to where you was. Scart does work even how

AcWxRADAR
11-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Friendly-Face,

I was finally able to use the instructions from the manual (the very same instructions that you stated). I managed to get back to where I started at least, but it seems that you have to press and hold the POWER and MENU buttons at just the right time during the boot-up sequence. It took me several attempts to get the video format to "pop up" on the front display panel.

After changing the format, the receiver went directly back to the boot sequence and so it does not let you scroll through the list of formats to select the one you desire (you have to repeat the entire procedure to step through each format selection, one at a time). This is a bit of a pain, but I managed.

Now I need to determine how to set up the video format properly. I only detect video on the S-video output and that is B/W. I wish to use the HDMI output, but no luck so far. Hmmm?

Thanks my friend!

RADAR

AcWxRADAR
11-08-2009, 11:48 PM
I have made some progress in setting up my FTA channels, but still haven't figured out the HDMI signal yet.

I have to announce that I really do like the fast blind scan mode! It took me quite a while to figure out how to set everything up to position my motor and select the DiSEqC switch ports appropriately, but when I finally got that established, and set it to BLIND SCAN, it was amazingly fast! It may have been 1-2 minutes for the scan process - which is excellent compared to my other receivers which may require 10-16 minutes! HOTDOG! :hurray:

RADAR