PDA

View Full Version : Azbox hdd formatting???

bladerunne
12-08-2009, 02:16 AM
Have just recieved an Azbox HD Premium, and installed a Samsung 1TB F2 Hdd, Azbox picks the drive up but stops at 35% format and freezes rebooting makes no difference, "no device found" message when trying to record so obviously there is a problem with formatting this drive, as anyone come across this problem and what is the solution if any?

xanadu
12-08-2009, 07:49 AM
I have this hdd and it works fine.

Try downgrading to a very old firmware and then back to latest version.

I had various issues when I first bought my Azbox and doing the above fixed it for me.

jamesjay
12-08-2009, 09:31 AM
I have the latest firmware 0.9.2880, and installed that HDD yesterday...without problems, although it took some time to format and when it got to 99% it took ages for the last 1% to format.

Correction sorry mine is an F1 not F2...not sure what the difference is it could be the RPM?

bladerunne
12-08-2009, 11:42 AM
The F2 is 5400 (RPM) had have gone back to 1140 but HDD froze on 7% will have to try another firmware, will try 2880 if 1314 that I am installing at the moment will also not format the HDD?

Smudger
12-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Will be interested in the outcome of this as I'm thinking of buying this drive.

:cheers2:

geezerpl
12-08-2009, 01:07 PM
this is usual with Azboxes... just one of MANY imperfections.
Mine had killed a 1TB WD Green after 4 weeks operation. Luckily WD service hasn't noticed that and sent me a new hdd.

bladerunne
12-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Xanadu Thanks.

I went back to 1314 firmware and the drive formatted not sure how long it took because I went out for an hour? but it was done when I came back I then updated with the 2371 Firmware, just looking at the Storage options now it says "used 14.6gb Free 916.9gb" whats taking up 14.6 gb?

liemjerry
04-07-2011, 03:41 AM
Hello,

I have WD10EARS (1TB), I try to enter STORAGE menu and then The HDD is detected well,
but when I format it

on 0-99% goes well, but on 99% it got stuck hourly...

what must I do?

Thanks for your help :)

zeini
04-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Look here.
http://community.wdc.com/t5/Desktop/Problem-with-WD-Advanced-Format-drive-in-LINUX-WD15EARS/td-p/6395

liemjerry
06-07-2011, 10:43 PM
problem solved with Hitachi Deskstar 1TB...
formatting for just 20 minutes and everything goes well :)

fishdevil
07-07-2011, 12:20 AM
problem solved with Hitachi Deskstar 1TB...
formatting for just 20 minutes and everything goes well :)

Hi have you tried to record a HD channel on it yet? And if so does it play back?What firmware are you using? Thanks

zeini
07-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Playback of recorded movies, you must play in TV-mode, not in movie-mode!

fishdevil
07-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Playback of recorded movies, you must play in TV-mode, not in movie-mode!

Hi I am using usb for OF with e2 on dom. Am I right in thinking that usb can not access the internal HDD AND is space restricted? So even thougt the USB can see previous recorded programs it cant play them back? Thanks

zeini
07-07-2011, 02:45 PM
We are here not in the E2-section. In E2 you must prepare the fstab-file correct for your harddrive.
OS-firmware recognise extern and intern hdd's from itselfe.

mus26c
08-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I copied this from a thread that I have created on another forum a while back, descriping the formatting issue and how to solve it, might help solve your problem:

I have just installed this drive 1.5TB Samsung HD154UI Spinpoint F2 DT EcoGreen.

when I powered up the reciever, I went to menu then storage, the hard drive was not detected, I did quick reboot and the reciever did detect the hard drive.

Now coming to formating, I tried to format the 1.5 Tb hard drive and everytime I click format, my reciever reboots and my tv goes to blue screen and a small message appears on the reciever 'disk check' and it stays like this and I had no idea if the formating is completed or not .

waiting for 45 minutes I rebooted my reciever, going to menu and storage it showed linux partiton.

I pressed TV and switched to clear channel and tried to record just to get this error message ' No recordable device found' , I relised the formating was not done, I went back and tried to format it again and I kept getting the same message 'disk check' nearly 5 hours of playing around with the reciever I nearly gave up.

As a last resort I did the following I went menu and back up (to backup my channel list, plugins... etc, after this I went to data reset and entered the password which is 4 zeros (0000) and then factory reset.please note that my current firmware before the factory reset was 0.9.5006-patch.

I went to menu to format the hard drive and when I pressed format I got the same message again 'disk check' but within 30 seconds I switched to new screen called ' harddisc format' and my 1.5 TB started formating (THANK GOD) it took around 30 mins to format my drive with default factory setting.

I have noticed that it stopped at 99% and 'harddisc format' screen disappeared.

finally I have rebooted and installed the latest Azbox-0.9.5020-patch and restored my channels list and the recording feature is working as it should.

for the folks with big hard drives let us now how it went following this method.