PDA

View Full Version : Streaming from another site than Youtube , is it possible ??

Friendly-Face
12-08-2009, 10:16 AM
guys, i was wondering and i will like to ask if this is possible.

we can use Youtube and stream videos from there, that is nice
but now i was wondering, can it be possible to stream from other sites
say like you**** , or any other site that is possible to stream.

i was thinking that must be possible as it can do that with youtube
but how about to add other sites that over movies, music , do***entars etc.

Has any one try this, or does any one know if it is possible to do it
if yes , can some one please explain here how it is donne.
im sure im not the only one wondering the same thing.

sonic1
12-08-2009, 11:33 AM
There is a you**** plugin for e2 dreambox's so I can see no reason why one could not be made for Azbox

terrorman
12-08-2009, 11:37 AM
is what I ask for 1 months, you can use any address as streaming flash video (flv)

Friendly-Face
12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
guys im not asking spesialy to stream only from you****
any sites that alows streaming is of intrest to me.

i will like to stream sites that have TV on them, or sites that have video files

i try to stream via webbrowser but that was not possible.

May i ask is it possible that one can edit the Youtube file to stream other sites
does any one know what files are used for youtube so i can edit them my self and try diferent sites ?

Im looking via FTP but have not located the youtube player yet, so please help if some one knows about it.

Any help or guide how to stream video from internet is wellcome.
i just need to know if it is possible

About the you**** pluggin on DM, i do not know if that works on Azbox HD
but im willing to try it out if some one knows what i must do.

slacker17
12-08-2009, 10:20 PM
I thought that the azbox couldn't handle flv and was streaming some other filetype from youtube?

Friendly-Face
13-08-2009, 12:36 PM
i have been spending all day yesterday and today to find a way or a work around this problem.

i have not come far, and im stuck
looking for any help guys, anyone managed to do this streaming ?
there are many sites that alowe you to stream from internet,
that will be very nice if there is some one that can help on how we can stream from internet.

better will have been if the software alowes us to do streaming directly by ading a web site address, of via a plugin.

goran
16-08-2009, 04:20 AM
A couple of "proposals"... :o16:

1) Go to IP address locator here:

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/you****.comPut in the search box:

http://you****.com/Get an address like:

you****.com
Location of the Host IP address
74.86.111.11:
Dallas in United States.Go to AZbox HD: HOME -> Settings -> TV Channel -> IP Channel -> put the details in... -> Save!

When I press the Save button I get a small window confirmation, saying "Succeeded to add an IP channel". Tried ports 80, 69, 666 [fail...:sifone:], 1111, 2020, [Just in case, tried adding the details on port 21 and 22, as well and it "worked" - but with no "visible" results... :rolleyes: However, on 23 got the box stuck, had to reboot...]

When you are done press HOME -> TV -> EXIT -> right arrow -> SATELLITE -> V arrow to get to the IP_CHANNEL... You get some channel[s] and in my case X in front, so - no go...:svengo:

2) Then, I went to [B]HOME -> Browser -> SEARCH button on your remote ->
http://you****.com -> pressed OK to search, went in, pressed on Enter -> Video -> got to see the clips and navigated down to see "Tanned Brazilian babe who gets her a*s plowed"...:respect-057: and saw fu*k all...:rolleyes: One just sees "Object" where the picture should be...:banghead:

As before, the plug-ins do not seem to be there [yet]... and i seems to me it's silly, as it's dead easy for Firefox, Linux based stuff to add them...

If you navigate a bit lower [the side!], you get to see Adobe Flash Player or FLV flash video format download, - but it's for a PC, I presume, being a lay person, so no go for a specific machine like our little Multimedia Centre... ;)

The same happened with google video... of course...

Good luck, I haven't succeeded...:coolgleamA:

Friendly-Face
19-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah , i have not try anymore realy, i used 2 days and it gott to my nervs at the end. will try agein soon with Gorans guide, but i do not have big hopes here

goran
20-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Nope, I didn't get anything working, either - waste no time on that!

And I will not waste my time on streaming from AZ to PC.

Forget that! The point it to have it the other way round!

Opensat must add plugins to the browser etc.

It's really silly: YouTube is going and yet...

And boy, is the browser slow or what?

A fraction of what it can be, I bet!

Good luck to us...

AJR
20-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Good luck to us...

And we are going to need it ...

Friendly-Face
20-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I try agein today to stream directly from Internet to the box
**** im so ****ed off now, when i try via the web browser , the browser works ok to google , CNN, ***** and even my own private site is working

but as soon as i go to say google videos or videos on CNN the web browser hands and the only way to get it back is reboot the box totaly

Is it so dificult to ask for a simple thing to this box.
does anyone here knows how to edit the Youtube player ? so we can add another link insteda of the youtube , where are the files for that , just tell me but i will edit and try my self

goran
20-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Nope... not for now....

We'll see if...

L8r...

terrorman
20-08-2009, 03:36 PM
test now speek

goran
20-08-2009, 05:35 PM
I tried with the leaked version of FW and I couldn't see anything A-V in browser, "Flash missing" etc.

Like before...

Friendly-Face
20-08-2009, 05:51 PM
test now speek

Terrorman
do you mean that now it is possible to stream from another site ? from internet ??

billynw
23-08-2009, 12:37 PM
It would be great if we could view Justin TV.

terrorman
01-09-2009, 07:05 PM
no friend, I've been looking for the method, or the configuration file where the youtube system, which I'm sure is very simple and very easy to duplicate.

--------

the intention is to reproduce thousands of which are published on the web, youtube is fine ... but I'm bored, I need a video shop online 24h

--------
this all ready to be used, just have to find the configuration file.

(just does not exist and this within the firm, is possible!)

goran
01-09-2009, 07:27 PM
I am sceptical, as the browser couldn't do it, since it is missing plugins, like flash etc. So, I fear there is more to it...

Moreover, Blu says it's read only OS, so mods disappear after reboot...

DJBlu
01-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I am being told the filesystem can be changed from readonly however I need to look into it.

The way the Youtube plugin works is to search youtube and then retrieve the H264 link.

This is then fed to the chipset which accelerates it.

Aragos
02-09-2009, 01:20 AM
The way the Youtube plugin works is to search youtube and then retrieve the H264 link.

This is then fed to the chipset which accelerates it.

Really? I thought the software just goes on the youtube website to search and see the vids. If one could edit the URL then one could open other youtube-like sites.

So it would not work this way cause it's all fix in the chipset? :rolleyes:

rocram
08-09-2009, 11:09 AM
no news about this post?

alcomys
11-09-2009, 01:17 PM
No it,s not posible yet.
i have also tyed it but the main layout is connected with the library of youtubeplayer.so
and you cannot edit the .so files because it contain code.

terrorman
11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
oooooooooooo

Friendly-Face
11-09-2009, 11:30 PM
well i started this thread , and found out in few days of try that was Mission Impposible for an average guy like me, so i give up on it

i even parked the test box for few days as it got to my nerves that i cannot stream from other internet sites that only youtube.

I think this box needs a all a round plugin for alowing ppl to stream from diverent sites, and that will make the box for sure more atractive and will sell beter.

Think about it Opensat

tapper
11-09-2009, 11:38 PM
bbc iplayer, itv player , for instance

fanoSat
12-09-2009, 06:37 PM
xhamster, you****, redtube :sifone:

DJBlu
12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
well i started this thread , and found out in few days of try that was Mission Impposible for an average guy like me, so i give up on it

i even parked the test box for few days as it got to my nerves that i cannot stream from other internet sites that only youtube.

I think this box needs a all a round plugin for alowing ppl to stream from diverent sites, and that will make the box for sure more atractive and will sell beter.

Think about it Opensat

What you ask for sounds so simple however you are asking for Opensat to write a module for each site because each site is different.

If they had accelerated Flash Movies then it would be as simple as a Web Browser but they don't. I have tried to explain how the YouTube plugin works. The YouTube plugin doesn't use flash it gets the H264 stream and plays it directly.

To implement this you would need to ask each site for an API so that you could implement your own Plugin, try asking the BBC for such information and see how far you get. You have DRM issues.

Not all sites use Flash some are using Silverlight or their own ActiveX plugins.

I don't think you are going to see these things from opensat, I think its going to take someone rather clever to look into it.

Also ... until OpenSat release the means to comunicate with the media processor/media player then this is going to be even harder.

Aragos
14-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the info, DJBlu! That explains a lot! :king-042:

goran
14-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Ach... sounds sad and rater silly! I may be a lay person but...

If one has a Linux based browser already built-in... I mean, it ought not be that difficult...:smash:

Or am I really off my trolley here?:angelsad2:

DJBlu
15-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Ach... sounds sad and rater silly! I may be a lay person but...

If one has a Linux based browser already built-in... I mean, it ought not be that difficult...:smash:

Or am I really off my trolley here?:angelsad2:

Take a look at what the browser is capable of m8 and how slow it is. This is all because the processor is a mear 300Mhz.

I have more power in my modem router. This isn't to say this box isn't powerful as the chipset is capable of accelerating such things as JPEG, H264, Xvid, Divx. These are set proceedures that are in the chip.

This takes the load off the CPU so it can do other things like receive IR input, control the hard disk, display the channel, run cccam and the like.

So if the chipset can't accelerate it then it is going to be hard to include it.

I don't know if the chipset will be able to decode flash media as I don't work at sigma. I know there is a chip that is going to be introduced that will implement it as Adobe are working with someone at the moment. This will be implemented in nettops.

I do know that the bbc iplayer could be implemented as you can access the H264 streams, if this can't be done then I know you can convert the Flash stream into H264, but again this is processor intensive.

goran
15-09-2009, 03:29 AM
Cheers for this, m8!:respect-051:

However, I had an old PC [less than 300MHZ and 192MB RAM] and after sorting it out it was capable of that sort of stuff... The graphics card was only 8MB and the OS was XP Pro.

So, being a lay person, I can only ask the Qs that maybe seem a bit... ooohhh, I don't know but... maybe impertinent might be a good word?

I think Sigma and Opensat should really ask themselves these Qs and then answer this to their and our satisfaction...

We wish... :rolleyes::smash:

kruizer
21-11-2009, 01:10 AM
I try agein today to stream directly from Internet to the box
**** im so ****ed off now, when i try via the web browser , the browser works ok to google , CNN, ***** and even my own private site is working

but as soon as i go to say google videos or videos on CNN the web browser hands and the only way to get it back is reboot the box totaly

Is it so dificult to ask for a simple thing to this box.
does anyone here knows how to edit the Youtube player ? so we can add another link insteda of the youtube , where are the files for that , just tell me but i will edit and try my self

you can try to transfer all the files from azbox to pc through ftp, then do a text search on them for: ww*.youtube*com, and if the search finds it, then you can open that file with text editor and add ww*.you*****com in its place... maybe it works :respect-048:
if you just find the youtube files in azbox, can you plz tell which files they are so i can also look inside them.

fundidun
21-11-2009, 03:24 AM
t's not as easy as renaming the link has to be scheduled, look I leave the API of Youtube and other Google applications

http://code.google.com/p/google-gdata/downloads/list

http://framework.zend.com/svn/framework/standard/trunk/demos/Zend/Gdata/YouTubeVideoApp/

And this is the API from You****

http://you****.corank.com/api.html

tsakman
21-11-2009, 04:54 AM
Maybe we can try something like this

http://openvideo.dailymotion.com

or

http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/watch-youtube-videos-in-html5/

jolopez
24-11-2009, 12:42 AM
i dont know openmotion or other sites ... but in jdownloader from the link of youtube you can download the mp4 file .. so i think you download it from youtube, and after that you see it, or you see it while you are downloading ... (yesterday i download 600 mb file for 40 minutes of video)