PDA

View Full Version : Sat TP Edit

tmsani
12-08-2009, 05:06 PM
I tried to add new satellite TP in the settings--Sat/TP edit
when i clicked ok to save it doesn't seem to save..I have tried several times gave up...Bloody buggy receiver...

Any chance i can load satellites & frequencies don't say use azbox edit that seems more buggier than the box always ends in run time error...

Can i use FTP tool to send satellite & frequencies(Satelite.xml)?

Smudger
12-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Not an expert in this area and not the answer to you question, but have you tried scanning the sat with network search set to NIT I believe this searches for new Transponders.

Burnham
12-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Here is an answer you didn't want to hear.

I added a satellite using the editor, and so far it hasn't crashed. I used the same editor version as the firmware version - 0.9.2371 in each case.

goran
12-08-2009, 10:40 PM
No problem here in adding new transponders... ;)

SatSearcher
13-08-2009, 06:30 AM
Which firmware are you using? I'm using 0.9.2372 and added Nilesat without any problems.

geezerpl
13-08-2009, 11:20 AM
What's the point of adding a sat when ALL seem to be there ? Right after fresh FW installation...From 1W to 180W and from 5E to 160E ...

Anyway better do not touch this option. DELETING unused satellites makes Azbox crash and kills the whole zapit (settings).

Also "format app area" + restore factory settings doesn't kill that heavy round-the-world sat portfolio file (DVBS.dat) which was strange until i found it was embedded in the FW (check backup folder of DISK1 !)

-------------------------------------

I also found out Zapit is Firmware specific ! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS BUT IT'S TRUE.
> while on 2880 I removed all unused satellites leaving A & HB only
> then I did a complete manual scan of all transponders of A & HB
> then I built my list of Favorites

Spent many hours doing it with the RC.
All seemed to work fine, channel zapping 2-2,5sec. PERFECT.

Then I reverted to FW 2371 for emu stability reasons, loaded my channel list (all 5 files: antenna, dvbs, and so on...) and... NO CHANNEL LIST AVAILABLE.

I'm so angry ! :-/

goran
13-08-2009, 12:42 PM
The two FWs have a different channels format...

From 2371 to 2880 telesat's editor can convert them. Not sure if it works backwards...

I delete all the unwanted sat positions and no big change...

Cheers!:coolgleamA:

Burnham
13-08-2009, 01:31 PM
What's the point of adding a sat when ALL seem to be there ?

Can you see 7°w - I can't.