PDA

View Full Version : Cant remove LINE down screen hd television

toffa58
13-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Hello m8s,

I wonder If there is any 'techno people' on here, I have a Wharfdale 32"
HD television. I have recently noticed which is quite annoying a line down the screen about 4" in from the right hand side of the picture.
The line is jagged and not straight and is sometimes yellow in colour.

I dont think I have done anything wrong, perhaps I turned the tele when it was switched on, is there anything that I can do to remove this as its quite annoying when changing from scart to scart and is clearly visable, is there a quick fix for this?? toffa58:confused:

Giga
13-08-2009, 12:34 PM
are scarts still good connected? Could not be straigt in connectors?
check settings in devices connect to flatscreen?
if you have these output options in each:
composite <= reasonable
RGB YPbPr (off) <= good
RGB YPbPr (on) <= best

toffa58
13-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Hello Giga,

Yes all connections are ok,scart leads fine,hdmi lead fine, settings are ok.

The screen still has this line down it.
regards toffa58:frown:

ABA
13-08-2009, 02:05 PM
is the TV plasma or LCD
Ive head that with the plasma TV if you lay them on the floor flat this can cause lines on the screen

RABBY
13-08-2009, 02:11 PM
ABA

Ive head that with the plasma TV if you lay them on the floor flat this can cause lines on the screen

Hello m8 ?? Iff Lay your Plasma TV Flat on the Floor !!!!! That is Totally Fooked , You will have to get another one:respect-048:

Giga
13-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Do you have this on all connected devices or just one?
If just on one device? switch cable, same result? problem with connected device.
If on all devices same result: check the manual readup on factory reset and new setup procedure. you will loose all settings or contact your dealer.

toffa58
13-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Hello all,

I have hd sat connected with hdmi, sky box with scart and dvd recorder connected with scart, when I say there is a line what I mean is when moving through scarts on the right side of the screen it is slightly lighter from about 4" in to the right side. this is also noticeable when the screen background changes colour on terrestial tele ITV,BBC etc.

With the old televisions I was told that technicians would use magnets to physically move patches like this off the screen,but I would not attempt this myself toffa58 :woot-035:

Giga
13-08-2009, 04:39 PM
LCD or plasma? LCD seems not to be affected by magnets? If plasma do you have magnetic unshielded speakers close or powersupply's near the screen? faulty cable not shielding enough? remove the scart cables?

toffa58
13-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi Giga,

No its not plasma,its LCD toffa58

Giga
13-08-2009, 05:32 PM
what is the model?

Ghoulie
13-08-2009, 06:03 PM
when i had 'lines' on my panny 32" lcd after 18 months - engineer sent by John lewis said screen fooked ! & they replaced set under their 5 year warranty - replacement sound.

'lines' started at the bottom and went all the way to top after a few days

TheBadger
13-08-2009, 06:49 PM
:001_07: No consolation for you but Wharfdale was a Which? "Don't buy!" make in recent tests.

toffa58
13-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone,

I think I may have misled you all its not lines up and down the screen,what it is is a uneven line which goes from the top of the screen to the bottom, I only use the term LINE to express myself.

To the left of the line the screen is fine but to the right of the screen its pailer and its noticed as I stated when switching from scart to scart, some background colours are fine but the darker the colour the more pronounced it is,I hope this helps,and I do not think the set is terminal

regards to you all toffa58

passete
13-08-2009, 07:33 PM
If you switch the source ( i mean from sat to dvd ), do you still have the same problem ?

Giga
13-08-2009, 08:04 PM
backlight problem?
do you have a computer connection from computer videocard to your flatscreen?
PassMark MonitorTest™ Free 30 day evaluation

toffa58
14-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Hello all,

@ Passette, yes the problem still persists,with all connected gear!!

@ Giga, No computer connection whatsoever,

Thanks for your replies toffa58:respect-061:

SPX
14-08-2009, 07:35 PM
hi
is it a thin (1 pixel) wide line ?
if so the lcd screen will be faulty, i have replaced alot of screens with this fault.

passete
14-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Don't Think that is a pixel (just one dot) !

Maybe a panel defaut or problem with the analog/digital pcb, for the signal treatement.

Gone_Fishing
14-08-2009, 10:41 PM
This sounds like LCD light bleed to me basically its light from the back light escaping on the edge of the screen its common to some LCD's that's why you notice it with a dark colours most noticeable with nothing on screen when its black

LCD's have to block light when its dark, light bleed happens when it doesn't do it properly its most common on the edge of screens but can happen anywhere

BTW lying plasma screens face down is perfectly safe its only transporting them you should never do with them lying flat

TNT

toffa58
15-08-2009, 08:29 AM
@ TNT,

That sounds spot on to me, and sounds the most logical analysis, when the screen is black you can see it clearly 7/8 of the screen is perfect and the other 1/8 is a lighter colour,as I stated its not all colour backgrounds that make it visable,mostly darker colours, my question is it going to get worse?? toffa58:respect-061:

Giga
15-08-2009, 08:58 AM
it depends on the pannel used in the lcd and the backlighting used.
is there nothing in your manual that deal with this issue, or if you can get your hands at a service manual for that model (hard to find these) a lot of (secret) settings where the user has not access to. service menus ... If you know you can stay out of the dangerous stuff (you can kill your flatscreen with these or brick it: nice paperweight is what your left with)

ps: I'm still looking for a Samsung LE40B650 service manual (file, pdf, ..., )
already managed to get in the hotel mode.
When I switch on, it starts now with the HDMI channel for the STB and no longer on its tuner.

Gone_Fishing
15-08-2009, 12:52 PM
@ TNT,

That sounds spot on to me, and sounds the most logical analysis, when the screen is black you can see it clearly 7/8 of the screen is perfect and the other 1/8 is a lighter colour,as I stated its not all colour backgrounds that make it visable,mostly darker colours, my question is it going to get worse?? toffa58:respect-061:

Never heard of it getting worse but there's nothing you can do about it either, my laptop screen has it but has never got worse its just a trait of lcd screens

TNT

canthackit
10-09-2009, 03:08 PM
is it still under warranty?
if it is i'd get it exchanged as soon as.

regards: canthackit