PDA

View Full Version : has anyone got a LG HD TELLIE??

keith mawer
13-08-2009, 12:25 PM
i cant make my mind up , if to buy 1,, as i hear so many conflicting reports. some say they are good others so so!!
was thinking of a 50"lcd LG MODEL.
any one who has one appreciate any views...

james325ise
13-08-2009, 08:50 PM
you still not made a decision yet !!! lol

whatever make you get will be the best in your eye's .............

what feedback you want on lg .........i have one and very happy with it gr8 picture and now

i have ps3 blue ray is gr8

for example not sure if figures totally correct but .. QUANTUM OF SOLACE

shows on info as 24mhz ( originally worried as thought 100hz capable) so asked question on av forum
apparantly relates to 24fps...........which apparantly is good if the tv is able to play at this as this was how it was inteded to b watched !!!

any other questions m8

Gone_Fishing
13-08-2009, 09:36 PM
If you can't make up your mind go and demo one where they no what they are doing and view all types of content especially freeview and satellite because those last two are the less forgiving on large screens even more so on LCD

TNT

keith mawer
15-08-2009, 11:08 AM
wooo james!!!!!!!! at last its good to know someone has a LG...
I DO HAVE A QUESTION PLZZZZZZZ
1, when watching football , would i assume you dont have any ghosting,, sometimes called gast movement, ie football can be a bit hazy,,,
ALSO i still have this thing about i prefere lcd.. its something about glass screens i dont like ( my pc is lcd)....
FINALLY. I WENT INTO MY LOCAL BIG WAREHOUSE it seems the lg one was 100 mhz, some i have seen 600 mhz( not lg)
what size screen james

koshba
15-08-2009, 11:45 AM
I have had my lg50" for over 2 years now,opted for plasma, sd picture the best i have seen on anything.I see 2 to 3 tvs in customers houses a day and none of them has looked as good as mine.Majority are lcds and standard def is terrible to me.My mate has a samsung 46" and standard def is very poor.Hope this helps

Gone_Fishing
15-08-2009, 12:48 PM
I DO HAVE A QUESTION PLZZZZZZZ
1, when watching football , would i assume you dont have any ghosting,, sometimes called gast movement

That will be more of a problem with an LCD its caused by the response time of the pixels what looks bad to one person another may not notice like I said before you need to go and demo a screen with all sources both plasma and lcd otherwise you could end up very disappointed

Go to a good dealer where they will give you a proper demo under the right conditions

TNT

keith mawer
15-08-2009, 05:19 PM
tnt and koshba ,, i think your 2 remarks solve the problem then ,, it WILL be a lg plasma.. and of course from what i have seen cheaper than lcd!!
if koshba has had his lg 2 years it must be pretty good.......
i am sure i saw a lg 50" plasma with speakers/dvd( not blue ray) for around £1090.thats 1080 although also saw a 50" £790 but if its NOT 1080 may be not a good idea,,,
so will now take a look monday!!( that big store with a C......S )

Gone_Fishing
15-08-2009, 07:44 PM
I would strongly recommend looking at the new Panasonic NeoPDP plasma range as they a probably the cream of the crop since Pioneer have pulled out the market think there's currently a free 5 year warranty if purchased in store as well

TNT

paul01609
15-08-2009, 09:00 PM
dont jump in feet first go for a demo you might find another tv with better picture,you carnt go off others comments

Gone_Fishing
15-08-2009, 10:00 PM
dont jump in feet first go for a demo you might find another tv with better picture,you carnt go off others comments

This is very true that's why I said "what looks bad to one person another may not notice" :)

TNT

sparky_dog
15-08-2009, 10:03 PM
also saw a 50" £790 but if its NOT 1080 may be not a good idea

Stick to the Full HD. FIL had a 50" 1366X720 LG plasma, it looked awful at that size.

Panasonic 50" Full HD he has now looks much better.:sifone:

keith mawer
16-08-2009, 12:09 AM
having seen over 200 sets i am sticking now to a LG!!

THE PRICE OF A FULL HD 50" PANASONIC is way over my budget

eddie20
16-08-2009, 11:41 AM
hi,
go for it,ive just got a 42" Panasonic NeoPDP plasma with free sat built in,freeview dvb the hd tv is brilliant it also has ic interface built in,in menu you can programme other sats,still messing with it,i have programmed 1 west have put it my diablo2.3 cam and it work perfect,good luck.

bazzos
16-08-2009, 12:51 PM
samsungs are the better plasmas m8
go to a shop like comet and look at both and compare m8

Gone_Fishing
16-08-2009, 01:40 PM
go to a shop like comet and look at both and compare m8

That's probably the worst advice for buying any screen :banghead:

TNT

xanadu
16-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Panasonic have the slight edge over LG at the moment with the latest plasma models with Freesat and full HD.

Keith do you really need 50 inch, as from what you have said before your room is very small, so why not just get a 42inch Panasonic with full HD and Freesat built in.

keith mawer
17-08-2009, 11:28 AM
HI XANADU ,, First to be honest i have a sly + standard receiver and have no need for freeview/freesat ,,
at the moment have a rear projection 48" toshiba and really like large screens, with smaller i get a bit board!!.
i do admit i hate going to electrical stores /shops.. saturday was looking at tvs! and this guy crept behind me and scared the life out of me!!!
STILL YES STILL not sure re the lcd /plasma issue ,, plasma glass screens something makes me shiver ! may be i have lost the plot!

Giga
17-08-2009, 12:04 PM
wait with buying: large German trade fair in september (IFA Berlin), new models will be introduced and price drop for existing models

sparky_dog
17-08-2009, 12:18 PM
My comment wasn't anti-LG Keith, more pro-Full HD. I don't think any 720P panel is going to look good at 50".

FWIW, I have a Samsung Series 6 LCD, and I think it's a cracking telly, even FIL was impressed. Many people automatically think that plasma is always best, but it is not as clear cut as that anymore...

freebe
17-08-2009, 02:40 PM
2 Things to remember if you are buying a Flat Screen.

1. It must have at least 100Hz.
2. It Must have Full HD.
3. It Should have a deep Black Picture.
4. It should now have motionflow.
5. Run on less than 190w
6. Less than 0,3w in Standby.
---------------
The top two are to look for.

:respect-055:

PS. and it should be a Panasonic.

Look for the Panasonic TX-L37GW10 :applause-038:

keith mawer
17-08-2009, 05:23 PM
ok have decided more or less on a lg-50s7000 600 mgz and 1080 hd, 4 hdmi/2 scarts,,
was quite amazed at the price also.. on a comparison site it was £1000 down to £871 and the lower price was with a well known firm!!
i phoned LG TODAY and spoke to a guy who said given the choice he would go for the plasma and if using for games or a pc a lcd. seeimg i wont use games may be a plasma now.

Giga
17-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Enjoy your viewing!
don't forget to turn the heating down and place some additional fan's to cool the place down in summer. :respect-050:
some advisory found:

Provide a solid foundation: Be sure the plasma screen is placed (or mounted) in an area where it will not be “knocked around” or will accidentally fall.
Let it breathe: Plasma screens generate a lot of heat which can speed the demise of the electrical components of the unit. Be sure the TV has enough open space around it. The manufacturer will provide venting guidelines.
Stay dry: Exposure to excessive humidity, spills, or condensation due to rapid changes in temperature can destroy electrical components and cause corrosion.
Tone it down: Rooms with lower ambient light require less brightness. Brightness levels that are set too high will prematurely age the phosphor lining of the plasma screen.
Keep it cool: As alluded to above, plasma screens require a cool environment, due primarily to the heat they generate. Outdoor placement of a plasma screen is a no-no due to the exposure to heat, humidity, other moisture, and dirt.
Use a little "elbow grease"- but not too much: Keep the screen clean with the proper tools. Manufacturers seldom recommend strong cleaners. Most often a micro fiber cloth is recommended which is effective in ridding the screen of dust and finger prints. When more aggressive cleaning is necessary cleaners specifically made for plasma or PC screens (anti-static cleaners) are used but should never be sprayed directly on the screen. The cleaner should be applied to the cloth. Use of paper towels, Kleenex, or any other abrasive type cloths should be avoided as they can damage the anti-glare coating.
Don't get burnt: Although anti-burn in technology has advanced greatly over the years, it is best to avoid leaving static images on the screen. This means that images should not be paused on the screen for extended periods of time and stations which present a static block/image on the screen should be viewed on a limited basis as well. Hooking your PC up to a plasma screen is also inadvisable as they are often used to display static images.
Help your plasma TV weather the storm: This is just common sense; use a surge protector.
Prevent pre-mature aging: The final word of caution; turn plasma screens off when not in use. This can help avoid accidental burn in, reduce heat, and help to avoid decreased brightness/pre-mature aging.

Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Christine_Peppler

james325ise
18-08-2009, 06:55 PM
yes sorry m8 didnt catch thread for a few days....

been busy watching blu-ray and playing games on ps3 lol

ok yes i have LG 60" plasma .............had nearly a yr and the glass is still perfect...and 3 kids in the house !!! lol

( mind you the law in the house is I'M the only one who polish's the glass !! lol )

the footie is fine no problems with ghosting etc... and in H.D mnnnnnnnnn

keith mawer
19-08-2009, 12:49 AM
TNKS JAMES.... in case u read this!! do u have 5.1 surround sound ie home cinema?? they seem expensive with blue ray!

Giga
19-08-2009, 06:24 AM
>8 >8 ( mind you the law in the house is I'M the only one who polish's the glass !! lol )>8 >8
Kleenex, or any other abrasive type cloths should be avoided as they can damage the anti-glare coating.

Giga
19-08-2009, 06:25 AM
5.1?: blu-ray => 7.1

MacDiabloIII
19-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I have the LG 42LH5000-ZB. (200Hz).
If you use the full 200Hz whele watching a movie, it gifs cost images around a person.

cricketbattony
19-08-2009, 01:27 PM
i cant make my mind up , if to buy 1,, as i hear so many conflicting reports. some say they are good others so so!!
was thinking of a 50"lcd LG MODEL.
any one who has one appreciate any views...

Hi Keith i have had plasma tvs for about 6 years.in my bedroom i have a 42" non hd and in my living room a 60" hdd model 60pf95,both tvs are Lg.
when i could get the hd channels on thor the pictures on my 60" were out of this world,i personally my self would recomend lg,i hope this helps good luck respectfully cricketbattony

batman44
19-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Got LG 50 4000 1080p Hd, fantastic crystal clear ps3 and blu ray, also on Hd sat with upscale. 600hz perfect no motion blur, only downside is now normal 720 looks naff sometimes but that due to the stb not the tv.
For the price get one. Settings for it are massive with rgb adjustment in pro mode, you need to mess around to get the best picture for the pro user.

james325ise
19-08-2009, 06:28 PM
5.1?: blu-ray => 7.1

audio ... nothing to do with blue-ray a good amp can produce its own signal in 7.1 or whatever it is 5.1 or 6.1 ( obviously if its connected to something that can produce say 6.1 even better as the amp doesnt have to fake the 6.1 signal...

as kindly pointed out by giga..5.1 is kinda old now...

im running yamaha 7.1 with kef q series... etc

flee-bay can b a good source for good audio cheap..... just need to keep looking..

bought my yamaha from a shop who have now learnt a good lesson.

no reserve..... paid £229.........receipt came with the amp from the shop..

cash £229 manager discount £572 !!! someone got their ass kicked...

keith mawer
19-08-2009, 07:40 PM
well i wont confuse my self ,, but on the home cinema decided to connect via a optical cable to a sly receiver so i can get 5.1

there is 1 thing blue ray package seems to work out so expensive, i have seen blue ray players at £130... but the blue ray packages seem£530!!

james325ise
19-08-2009, 08:20 PM
depends what the package is i suppose ????

can you say what the package is to get some idea ?

cheers jas

Gone_Fishing
19-08-2009, 11:44 PM
well i wont confuse my self ,, but on the home cinema decided to connect via a optical cable to a sly receiver so i can get 5.1

there is 1 thing blue ray package seems to work out so expensive, i have seen blue ray players at £130... but the blue ray packages seem£530!!

Its worth keeping your eyes on AVForums classifieds they have an amp and speaker section and as they are all enthusiasts on there most of the stuff that turns up is in excellent condition ;)

You might pick up an amp that was originally a thousand or more a couple of years ago for around £250, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo etc obviously wont be HD Audio over HDMI but you would still have analogue for that plus optical or coaxal for everything else, your also get stuff cheaper than that to

But its like anything the more you learn the better equipped you are to find yourself a bargain

Happy Hunting :respect-051:

TNT

james325ise
20-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Its worth keeping your eyes on AVForums classifieds they have an amp and speaker section and as they are all enthusiasts on there most of the stuff that turns up is in excellent condition ;)

TNT

to b honest TNT i found the AV forums a bit expensive > they know what they have so they want top money....

even see some guys selling blue-rays for more that you can buy new on HMV

just a quickie look at set up so far..

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r209/jason325ise/Photo-0044.jpg

Gone_Fishing
20-08-2009, 12:29 PM
to b honest TNT i found the AV forums a bit expensive > they know what they have so they want top money....

Hmmmmm seems the other way round to me they wont pay over the odds for anything

I certainly seen some bargains as far as amps go and I check in there every day

From memory didn't you try and sell your speakers on there as that picture rings a bell :)

TNT

james325ise
20-08-2009, 01:02 PM
From memory didn't you try and sell your speakers on there as that picture rings a bell :)

TNT

no m8 ....i was going to swap them for some smaller kef's

fortunately i came to my senses :respect-050:

Gone_Fishing
20-08-2009, 01:15 PM
no m8 ....i was going to swap them for some smaller kef's

fortunately i came to my senses :respect-050:

Nearly right new I had seen them before think you made the right choice keeping them :respect-051:

TNT

james325ise
20-08-2009, 01:49 PM
so keith...........when we gona get to see your choice of telly ...........

keith mawer
21-08-2009, 08:14 PM
WELL JAMES IT WILL BE THE LG50PS7000 THATS THE ONE I WANT £871.
I HAVE SEEN A LOVELY ENTERTAINMENT,,, unit for it to go on also. but may be 1 step at a time.. so i will have to order the tv /OBLONG METAL STAND and a dvd 5.1 surround sound and when i get the sly hd receiver will connect via a optical cable,, NOT A AMP UNIT I DONT WANT ANOTHER BOX!

james325ise
22-08-2009, 09:12 AM
have you allready bought the dvd player keith ?

also not sure if link will work ,,,, but hope it possibly save some $$

price any better ?

_http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/2900937/art/lg/50ps7000-plasma-screen.html?srcid=369&Partenaire=affiliatewindow&CodePromo=oui&srcid=369

Giga
22-08-2009, 09:30 AM
no live links outside the forum, please: coding your external links to (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=113582) <= click here!

_________________________________ ___________________________
Thanks is usually done by clicking the https://www.satpimps.co.uk/images/totallypro/buttons/post_thanks.gif on the left hand of a posting.
Appreciation of a thread is done on top of the current forumpage you're reading:
Thread Tools ▼ Search this Thread Rate ▼ Rate Thread ▼
with these options
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/images/totallypro/rating/rating_5.gif O Exellent
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/images/totallypro/rating/rating_4.gif O Good
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/images/totallypro/rating/rating_3.gif O Average
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/images/totallypro/rating/rating_2.gif O Bad
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/images/totallypro/rating/rating_1.gif O Terrible

If your happy using this forum, please help to keep it ongoing: Donate? (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/payments.php) <= click here

thank you for your time reading this, enjoy,

Giga

james325ise
22-08-2009, 12:45 PM
sorry giga didnt think tv would b a problem to sponsor.....

will keep in mind for future posts...............

cheers jas

keith mawer
22-08-2009, 05:39 PM
saw some more tellies today inc a lg 60" it was too massive!!!
so the lg 50 will be my choice,, now its a matter of buying one!! and i fancy a cabinet to put it on!

echelon
22-08-2009, 05:44 PM
be glad when this saga is over as it has been going most of this year !! ;)

or is it just a ploy to increase post count ? :)

I cant imagine what its like when he orders a takeaway !!

skomedal
22-08-2009, 06:26 PM
I have the 42in LG Plasma mate... The AZbox HD channels look amazing on it!

Please do not confuse Keith,,,,

He has taken a long time to make a decision to buy a new telly.. so let him buy it to eventually close this thread!

Last I heard he bought a diablo cam, spammed the forum on how to load it,, then bought a g"mma card some confusion there also on other sites..

How will he manage an Azbox HD???

Regards

james325ise
22-08-2009, 06:42 PM
be glad when this saga is over as it has been going most of this year !! ;)

or is it just a ploy to increase post count ? :)

I cant imagine what its like when he orders a takeaway !!

AZbox h.d !! i have the darkbox h.d maybe time for upgrade ..

haha another count to me :respect-040:

skomedal
22-08-2009, 07:15 PM
AZbox h.d !! i have the darkbox h.d maybe time for upgrade ..

haha another count to me :respect-040:

You maybe miss the point!

Its not the postings count that matter on this or other forums..

Its if you have a genuine query/question that has not been posted before ( do a search first ) on the forums that you are a member of, or cannot be answered from searching the internet for answers...

If you can with your hand on your heart say after doing the above you cannot find the answer, then open a new thread in the appropriate section!

Most members are more than willing to help other members with their queries/questions/problems. as someone has experienced the same before....

Regards

james325ise
22-08-2009, 07:58 PM
skomedal not arguing or trying to argue.. >unless i have dxdy on my side lol

most of my posts have been to try and help....give advise etc..

spending £1k on a tv is quite a big thing really...so if the advise given helps iron out any worries its good no ?

didnt take it you were having a go at me ...least i dont think you were ?

skomedal
22-08-2009, 08:21 PM
skomedal not arguing or trying to argue.. >unless i have dxdy on my side lol

most of my posts have been to try and help....give advise etc..

spending £1k on a tv is quite a big thing really...so if the advise given helps iron out any worries its good no ?

didnt take it you were having a go at me ...least i dont think you were ?

Relax...
Not taking a dig/argueing with you!!

Do an advanced search at the top of this side,and type in the name keith mawer,,, the you will see how he posts irrelavant answers/queries to this and other forums----

Keith is a well known character to this and other sites,,,,

He only had to go to different telly shops to veiw the kit he was interested in, in the right atmosphere and make a choice....

As everyone might not see the same quality with the same setup its up to the indiviual to decide,,, ( setup )

But saying this black and white/colour is the same for a blind person:

Regards

keith mawer
23-08-2009, 10:10 AM
WELL MY NEXT POST RE THIS THREAD,, WILL BE TO ANNOUNCE I ACTUALLY HAVE A HD TV,,, at least i now know the model i want!

xanadu
23-08-2009, 11:27 AM
WELL MY NEXT POST RE THIS THREAD,, WILL BE TO ANNOUNCE I ACTUALLY HAVE A HD TV,,, at least i now know the model i want!

We'll hear from you again in a few years time then Keith. :D :smilielol5:

keith mawer
08-09-2009, 05:51 PM
back!!!!!!! if any one is interested! yesterday i took the 1st step have ordered a 152cm wide 60 cms high brown mahogny entertainment unit so all the equipment will go inside,,,,
as soon as it arrives its 100% after a tellie LCD OR PLASMA..
well i rang a guy at sony and he said go for a lcd!! ummmm

xanadu
08-09-2009, 06:38 PM
You can't watch TV with just a cabinet . :D

It's a step nearer to your dream though. :bravo-009:

Monty31
08-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I bought the LG 50ps3000 a while back and have not been disappointed. I paid £799 with 5yr warranty from JL and originally was going to opt for the panny G10 model but the 5yr warranty swung it for me. Theres even a secret menu to enable divx through usb.

gbazza68
08-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Have just bought an LG 37TF7700 lcd tv.
Spent ages looking at all different models and makes.
As much as i would of gone for a 42" (or bigger) common sense kicked in and went for a 37" ( and some SERIOUS lookes from the misses!!)
Bought it from a hi-fi mainly shop (Ri*HER SO*NDS) who priced matched an online store. Total price tv £549.95 + 5 year warrenty £54.95 =£604.90. If after 5 years you haven't used the warrenty you can claim it back!!
Tv is great, easy to set up and has a built in Freesat + Freeview tuners, so swung my dish around and run a flylead from my dreambox and BBCHD + LUXE.TV no problem. Shop advised me that a 37" would get a better picture than a larger one as the pixels arn't as large, and comparing them in the shop they were right. Non HD pictures i dont think are as good as my normal telly were, but told that is the case with most flat screens.
Blue ray films from my PS3 are amazing and so are the games.
Hope this is of help to someone.
Stand came from a Chester retailer, they also have an online store www.st*ndl*nd.co.uk (*=same letter missing!!) and if you collect you get 10% off.
Just waiting until Sunday for S*Y to be installed. Works out slightly dearer than BT and *** combined but they did 1 year free line rental for going over to them, so quite a saving.
Hope this helps someone. Ive been pestering the misses to get this for ages and its well worth it. Roll on more HD!!
Hope this is of use to someone

keith mawer
09-09-2009, 02:02 AM
many tnks m8 was particular interested in the lg 50" comments,, one hears so much about juddering ie movement,,, amd i guess thats what i am thinking about!"!! but at least i now have a LG IN MIND.. so its lcd or plasma ,

also i guess the standard tv picture quality
thingy is a bit of a concern as most tellie programmes are in standardformat right now

finally over the bank holiday i saw LG 50" PLASMA AT £999 REDUCED TO £699 EMMMM

gbazza68
09-09-2009, 07:27 AM
The next size up to mine had 100hz motion flow feature. All the tv's in the store had bad freeview pictures on them. S*y news had blurs around the name.I think unless you have a massive room (ours is only about 12' x 12') then anything over 37" - 40" is going to look massive. I would of gone for a bigger one but somewhere common sense came in.Explained to me in shop that the bigger the screen size the bigger the pixels will be, ie. you are going to see more distortion on standard definition pictures. Unles you have a hd receiver or s*y the freesat only has bbc hd, itv hd and luxe.tv, so you are going to be watching a lot of freeview.Only my thoughts and experiance as i have spend months looking around before finally getting the misses won over to buy one. Go out and get one as the hd is great, so much so i am gonna get s*y hd!!! Good luck in your choice

tyronepower
09-09-2009, 09:17 AM
so glad you are almost made your mind up you have listened to all the comments about which television to buy now go to the store choose the model you are interested in play around with the remote set it up for your eyes then go online and purchase and save yourself a few hundred sheets then come back and tell us all that you have BOUGHT THE DAM THING:respect-055::respect-055::respect-055::respect-055:

Gone_Fishing
09-09-2009, 01:58 PM
many tnks m8 was particular interested in the lg 50" comments,, one hears so much about juddering ie movement,,, amd i guess thats what i am thinking about!"!! but at least i now have a LG IN MIND.. so its lcd or plasma ,

also i guess the standard tv picture quality
thingy is a bit of a concern as most tellie programmes are in standardformat right now

finally over the bank holiday i saw LG 50" PLASMA AT £999 REDUCED TO £699 EMMMM

The main cause of judder is playing something at one frame rate with the screen at a different refresh rate

If you play blu ray at 24fps and the screen at a refresh rate of either 24Hz or 72Hz (which is 3 x 24Hz = 72Hz) it will be perfectly smooth, screens that cant do this have to do some jiggery pokery with the frames some do it well and some don't hence the problem with judder

The next size up to mine had 100hz motion flow feature. All the tv's in the store had bad freeview pictures on them. S*y news had blurs around the name.I think unless you have a massive room (ours is only about 12' x 12') then anything over 37" - 40" is going to look massive. I would of gone for a bigger one but somewhere common sense came in.Explained to me in shop that the bigger the screen size the bigger the pixels will be, ie. you are going to see more distortion on standard definition pictures. Unles you have a hd receiver or s*y the freesat only has bbc hd, itv hd and luxe.tv, so you are going to be watching a lot of freeview.Only my thoughts and experiance as i have spend months looking around before finally getting the misses won over to buy one. Go out and get one as the hd is great, so much so i am gonna get s*y hd!!! Good luck in your choice

Some of this is true, but the bigger pixel and smaller screen stuff is a two way street so you have to decide whats more important

Smaller screen smaller pixels look better with SD broadcast because the screen cant show the detail good or bad you would have to get very close to notice those bad points in a bad broadcast the flip side is with HD stuff you miss all the extra detail it brings, you might have a nice clean image which looks great compared to SD but your missing loads of detail put your PC through you screen and see if you can read the text at your sitting distance, it kind of defeats the object of getting a HD screen and lets face it they may be bigger pixels but you still cant see them on a 50" or 60" screen without a magnifying glass

You need to try and find a compromise in size and distance because some SD broadcasts can be bad and your notice more sitting close but with HD you can sit much closer to far away and your miss detail and don't forget when talking about SD looking bad its broadcasts that are the problem not the screen SD from other sources like DVD etc can look great

I have a 50" at 11 ft and its just right for SD broadcasts and HD content

keith you should think about a 3D screen because I've got a feeling there be in the shops by the time you made up your mind ;)

TNT

Monty31
09-09-2009, 05:53 PM
back!!!!!!! if any one is interested! yesterday i took the 1st step have ordered a 152cm wide 60 cms high brown mahogny entertainment unit so all the equipment will go inside,,,,
as soon as it arrives its 100% after a tellie LCD OR PLASMA..
well i rang a guy at sony and he said go for a lcd!! ummmm

Hi keith any chance of a link for that cabinet Im on the look out.

keith mawer
09-09-2009, 06:27 PM
1. hi monty i saw a blok 3000 fantastic unit ,, the bad news £729!!(AV4HOME.CO.UK)
so i have ordered mine from littlewoods ,, its a caxton unit £293 but is very nice and what i like its 60cms high + 158 cms wide,, some stands are shockers you may as well sit on the floor to view the tv!!

2. never in a million years would i buy a 3d tv with SPECIAL GLASSES TO VIEW IT,,,

3. I WILL ! GET A 50" and id love a lcd ,, but having read hundreads of threads,, seem that may be the wrong thing , i would hate standard tv to have a crap picture quality and juddering!! it may seem

ps i would have sly hd so dont need freeview/free sat!

skomedal
09-09-2009, 06:37 PM
back!!!!!!! if any one is interested! yesterday i took the 1st step have ordered a 152cm wide 60 cms

Suddenly grown to 158cm wide in your last post!!!

Is this a fishing/angling story, every time you tell the fish gets bigger???

Regards

keith mawer
10-09-2009, 01:27 AM
sko!!!!!!!!! the unit is 158 cms the tellie is 122 cms!!!!