Think you can pack and unpack though anyway as its linux

TNT

harrycoates6
14-08-2009, 02:57 PM
do i read you correctly linux will unzip zipped files downloaded to 9100

Gone_Fishing
14-08-2009, 03:18 PM
do i read you correctly linux will unzip zipped files downloaded to 9100

Not zip thought it might have been possible with rar using telnet but that's probably not possible either thinking about it, what you trying to do ?

TNT

harrycoates6
14-08-2009, 04:53 PM
trying to find out how to download files and open files in 9100 super

Gone_Fishing
14-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Any Rars or Zips you have to open first then send the files across manually to the correct locations and give them the correct attributes, normally they will be in folders matching the folder structure on your box so you know where they go

They might even contain a tar.gz or tar.bz2 which can be sent to /tmp folder and installed from addons

Unless your more specific about what exactly your trying to do its kind of hard to help you

TNT

kirky1423
15-08-2009, 01:20 PM
he thinks its a pc u can search net on it and download things he's using dccv2.95 bootmanger he trying to get that in his machine any help on what you cAN exactly do and what you cant do would help him uner stand it better

Rick1980
15-08-2009, 11:20 PM
You can't surf the net on a linux reciever. DCC is just a way of accesing linux recievers from a PC. DCC won't run on a linux reciever as its built for windows. Same with winrar etc. If you want to know what you can do on a linux reciever look into card sharing.

harrycoates6
25-08-2009, 12:03 PM
many thanks for all your help ,but linux loaders only load images files .how does one just send other files to 9100 stb.

redrobin
25-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Use a ftp client such as filezilla

harrycoates6
25-08-2009, 05:59 PM
i am slowly getting the info i need to get the best out of this box.i am using edg- nemesis 4.4 decoder section great . the pc side is giving me problems,i am unable to obtain any instructions on how to operate the complex computer side .on the networking side pc router & stb are cnnected ok.through lan , but how does stb connect to internet .shouldnt this image have a net bowser .the stb says telnet & nfs connected .connected to where? very frustrating. info on this kind of problem comes in very small amounts. & is usually too vague on detail

redrobin
25-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Have a look at this site

http://tm9100.wikidot.com/tutorials

The processor on the TM9100 isnt powerful enough to support a browser and anyway you don't have a keyboard to enter a webaddress - stick to your PC for surfing.

The network settings on the TM9100 are set via Setup button on remote, expert settings, communication settings.

The TM9100 only needs to get onto the internet to either download updates/emus via the blue button (twice) or if you start to use card sharing.

If you can connect from your PC to the TM9100 you can start the web interface type http://yourtm9100ipaddress in your web browser and then change channels or stream to your PC. Or use a ftp client to copy files from and to the tm9100.

harrycoates6
27-08-2009, 02:12 PM
thanks but at the moment stb has decided it has had enough wont boot up starts up then goes to standby and back again. Tried all the options of booting up no joy

harrycoates6
28-08-2009, 05:16 PM
to redrobin . it is possible to enter a web address or a web site, the keyboard is in your remote. i .have used it a few times. sad to say my 9100 su. per is on its way back to the retailer for repair or replacement.Why doesnt the maker or suppler provide the customer with the means to re-boot the stb in case of errors or faults, like pcs do.give a bootable sd card with each linux stb.Surely there has to be a way to avoid having to send the stb back to the retailer. each time you have a fault or problem.The customer has the right to expect to be given the means & knowledge to re-programme the m/chine themselves. I would like to hear comments from mbs. regarding this

Gone_Fishing
28-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Why doesnt the maker or suppler provide the customer with the means to re-boot the stb in case of errors or faults, like pcs do

You can reboot the 9100 from its menu, from the web interface and from telnet

When you get your box back ask us how to do things first then someone can help you, very much doubt your box needed to go back

As I said in post 7 be more specific about what your stuck on or trying to do and start your own threads and put something relevant in the title, titles like "tm9100 linux" and "9100 super " look the same and are missed

TNT

echelon
28-08-2009, 06:38 PM
most boxes can be rescued using the serial load methods and an original tm image

or at worst can be jtagged using an original image

I think one point here is that you cannot expect manufacturers or shops to take stuff back when you having been messing with or overwriting the boot image yourself

had you left it with the original technomate image ( untouched ) you will probably have found that it would have kept working.
but once you start overwriting this image with 3rd party images its then down to you to be able to repair it , either with your own sd card image or by serial loading it from scratch using a null modem cable which is what I tend to do

its also a known element that you may be better using a flash image like the dsteam pureflash or dual boot image in the flash , and use sd card images on the sdcard using jiboot , and booting from sd card images you want to try out , leaving the flash well alone

one thing I have learned about the tm9100 and the dreamboxes is to mess with the flash as little as possible , and use images on sd cards or usb sticks

harrycoates6
29-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Sorry fellows, i tried all the options with the up button & sw on back of stb .Fault persisted .If i left it trying to boot up after 15 mins the image would appere & the green light would stay on, but no functions from remote or stb would work.The dcc296 i have connected via lan &rs232 cable both indicate no cnnection with stb.Tried booting from sd card on whichi keep my image & backup file, no response, so where does one go from here. Back to retailer if there is a charge made so be it . Could anybody see any other way to resolve this problem i couldnt.

echelon
29-08-2009, 01:17 PM
TCC6 or 7 and a forced download of a technomate image or similar into the box using a null modem cable direct from the com port of your pc

alternatively , its JTAG time ( as I said earlier ) , which is probably what your retailer will do

harrycoates6
29-08-2009, 03:04 PM
there was no means of communicating or connecting to the stb either by lan, cable or sd card

Gone_Fishing
29-08-2009, 05:02 PM
there was no means of communicating or connecting to the stb either by lan, cable or sd card

I guess it was fudged then wonder what you did ?

As echelon pointed stay out the flash use an SD card with images on then its practically impossible to screw your box don't think I've ever done anything in the flash except install an image

TNT

harrycoates6
04-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Whe
n 9100 is returnd i will post & inform you what the supplier says the fault was & how he corrected it . Till then thanks to all for your help & comments they have been most helpful

harrycoates6
10-09-2009, 05:29 PM
The dealer has sent my 9100 to t/mate for repair he couldnt do it He did say it was due to an unofficial or corrupted nemesis image. That is all I know at present. I have been reading up on jtag mentioned by Echolon but that process would invalidate the 12 mths guarantee, but if the image was the trouble then i can understand the need to be ready to use jtag. Is it possible to buy the correct cable required for the 9100 super. What does the dealer mean by unofficial images .I understood that images were programs designed to use on linux stb

drpaulos
10-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Any image other than those from the Technomate website, are unofficial.

echelon
10-09-2009, 06:52 PM
The dealer has sent my 9100 to t/mate for repair he couldnt do it He did say it was due to an unofficial or corrupted nemesis image. That is all I know at present. I have been reading up on jtag mentioned by Echolon but that process would invalidate the 12 mths guarantee, but if the image was the trouble then i can understand the need to be ready to use jtag. Is it possible to buy the correct cable required for the 9100 super. What does the dealer mean by unofficial images .I understood that images were programs designed to use on linux stb

as stated above , only technomate images are covered under warranty

basically you have reflashed the boot flash chip with an unauthorised 3rd party image ( nemesis or dsteam or ukur images etc ) , invalidating your warranty anyway

this is the problem when you start loading unofficial software onto a machine like this

imagine if you did it with your car engine management unit , or your tv , or anything else running its own internal software

or you got on a boeing 767 plane running fly by wire software made by some hacker in his bedroom :)

if you are going to tamper with a purpose made item , you have to accept any consequences caused by your unofficial actions

Gone_Fishing
10-09-2009, 07:55 PM
This is why you should stay out the flash because its very unlikely the image itself that caused the problem but installing stuff in that image that resulted in the image becoming corrupt

I've had plenty of images become corrupt when installing and testing stuff but it doesn't matter on an image on SD card as you can fix it from FTP, when its in the flash you have a problem

I still hate flashing images to the flash :rolleyes:

TNT

echelon
10-09-2009, 08:49 PM
This is why you should stay out the flash because its very unlikely the image itself that caused the problem but installing stuff in that image that resulted in the image becoming corrupt

I've had plenty of images become corrupt when installing and testing stuff but it doesn't matter on an image on SD card as you can fix it from FTP, when its in the flash you have a problem

I still hate flashing images to the flash :rolleyes:

TNT

and so do I ...

same as on my newer dm800 , its deffo STAY OUT OF THE FLASH IMAGE as much as possible or suffer the consequences