PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth changing my 3000IP?

Watcher
14-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Had it for years. Now pretty much all it does is stay tuned to *** View on Hotbird, via an official Viaccess card. Trouble is it suffers from really bad loss of sound sync on most of the SV channels. This can often be rectified by flicking channels back and forth at which point it's synched again. But this only lasts a couple of minutes before it drifts again.

Also, lately, it's been losing the encryption. The screen freezes then drops completely to a black screen. Changing to *** View Hot will usually restore the picture after a few moments, but it's irritating to have to keep doing it. This doesn't happen on BBC World, so I have to assume it's the Viacess playing up.

Now the question is, are all of these problems at the *** View transmission end, or are they at the Echostar's end? If they are the Echostar's, is there anything to be done, other than buying something new, such as a Technomate 6900 + V-Box?

Thanks

superted
14-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi had my 3000IP since 2001 original software still working, I keep it for moving the dish thats connected to a Technomate 1500, sat installer told me to keep it for moving my 1.2 channel master, anyway its up to you.
Regards Superted

Watcher
15-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the reply, but the AD3000's ability to move the dish is the least of my worries. It's whether the glitches on *** View are the fault of the transmission, affecting everyone equally, or whether it's a fault of my Echostar reciever, affecting just me, that hopefully buying something new would fix is what I'm really asking.

So, in a nutshell, does anyone watch *** View, via an official Viaccess card, and get properly lip-synched, glitch-free viewing?

Cheers.

Ghoulie
16-09-2009, 03:48 PM
i flogged my echo 3600via ip and got a technomate 6900super hd combo & vbox with a 500gig hard drive to record to.

Worlds apart - go for a technomate

mrbleu500
16-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Same as Ghoulie, went from Echostar to TM + Vbox, and it was a very good update.

However, I am contemplating selling my TM6900 and going for a Dreambox DM800, as it no longer opens what I'm after.