PDA

View Full Version : Backing up question?

doubleudee
15-08-2009, 01:04 PM
OK it's taken a long time to set my db8k up, and I don't want to go through the sat setups etc again (hopefully).
So is there a way I can backup AND restore so I don't lose my settings (sat numbers, program setups, sat xml or whatever) if the **** hits the fan as I would like to load BA again.

I have a hard drive fitted and also got a usb stick, but NO cf card (whatever that is - seen it mentioned on her!).

Cheers

edit -
just a thought
If I copied the directories over to my pc,
1. which ones would I need to copy,
2. would I lose the chmod settings (would they change by copying them over?)

Giga
15-08-2009, 03:04 PM
CompactFlash card:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CompactFlash

oldfart
15-08-2009, 03:22 PM
What image??

sonic1
15-08-2009, 05:21 PM
All the latest images have the software manager, just select a storage device and select which files you wish to save, sat settings and xml, CCcam.cfg etc.

When you load a new image and then restore your settings it takes minutes not hours to change or update your image.:respect-048:

Zipper
15-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Which CF card (Recommeded brand) is best to use please and what capacity many thanks.

Best Regards.

passete
15-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Which CF card (Recommeded brand) is best to use please and what capacity many thanks.

Best Regards.

Tested difrerents Brands, from 1gb to 4gb, all Working !

Good Luck

dubious
15-08-2009, 08:29 PM
You could do what i do every week and back up the complete image.

You will need the NFI-backup plugin.

You will also need a 128mb swapfile which you can create with BA tools.

The backup image will be created on the HDD so don't forget to copy it to your PC ready to flash if you need to.

There are also various ways to back up a complete image from within BA.

Probably the backup option from BA is easiest, I've just tried and it made me a 52.5mb back up of my oozoon flash image, barryallenbackup_2009-08-15.nfi

Only takes about 3 or 4 mins.