PDA

View Full Version : A few questions regarding CS

jimmyboy
16-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Firstly thanks to all regarding info on setting up an azbox (special thanks to Goran- much appreciated).

Like many members here I watch very little tv but spend what little spare time I have on the PC/ setting up my pC or sat boxes - as I have young kids/ work 6 days a week.

I used to watch a lot of PPV movies and footy years ago but lately watch the best movies at the cinema/dvd (with my kids) and I am lucky if I find time to watch footy highlights.

The box is a great media player (plays all the movie files/ripped dvd files so far.

I am curious about CS but there seemed to be a lot of reading/ setting up involved. As it would not be worth paying for a card in order to cs (I would not use it to justify the cost) is there a way of testing cs? Are there free servers? Is it safe to CS as my router will then allow someone to potentially bypass my firewall or is it rather like torrent shares?

I must admit over the years I have had a great deal of enjoyment learning the hobby and various hacks but not really spent much time actually watching any sat channels!

goran
16-08-2009, 10:40 PM
No, not really, m8: it would take you about 1/2 hour to setup the CCcam 2.1.1 (Kanber_Kav's edit of The_Ripper's hack of it, for AZbox HD), if you had a decent peer... But it would be a bit frustrating, I fear, as CCcam could be better...

MGcamd would be more stable, as GBox client.

Mbox is great if you have the peers...

Anyone of those is getting easier to setup, as you can do it directly into the box, already [mostly] configured... Minimal editing needed... personal stuff only, really...

I saw CCcam servers "to try" for 24 hours, then they take the money. But CCcam is killed by zapping, fairly quickly, the way it is right now...

Good luck!:coolgleamA:

Taykun
17-08-2009, 07:56 AM
i recommend that you try mbox. Much more reliable than cccam.

About subscription card. I recommend that you get card from your national TV or something like MTV unlimited. Everything depends where are you from...

Payservers sucks, tested.

Johnnynimble
20-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Guys, great post... I've tried to get cccam working with newcs, but i dont have the right hardware as my phonix reader didnt come with a com cable..

Will MGcamd/mbox read the white card?

clyde
21-08-2009, 06:26 AM
Hi,

To read the card use Newcs (not the 1.67) + cccam or newcs/mbox or newcs/mgcamd

:hurray: