PDA

View Full Version : Help with SoftCam

Smash
16-08-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm really new to this satellite stuff and have just bought a ClarkeTech HD5000C Plus. A friend tells me It's possible to download a softcam to enable me to access some of the channels. Can someone please guide me to where I can find this and let me know what I do with it when I get it.

captainglassback
17-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Hello Smash I am not at all familiar with your stb but I do have a CT. There are 2 types of firmware. Find the highest numbered one for your model with a 'p' after it. Then find any recent softcam file for TM or CT. Load it to your USB stick and stick it in your stb and load to stb.

Smash
17-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for that. Managed to update the firmware to 1.74 and have downloaded the softcam from this forum. Problem is I don't know how to load the softcam into my stb.

captainglassback
17-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Well if your model is simlar to mine.....poke usb in your stb. Go menu....USB....Data Transfer. (If your stb does not then show the softcam as one of the files to be loaded it might be because the 174 is a 174 and not a 174p!!). The file takes around 4 seconds to load. Normally there is a new softcam every day or so but things are quieter at moment due to fewer 'changes'!

Smash
17-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi, thanks for the advice.

Tried what you said. When updating, the stb offers me the "Normal Database" or the "Default Database". Is this correct and which one should I choose?

captainglassback
17-08-2009, 07:19 PM
OK. I'm guessing as yours is a very different model to mine. I'm not sure that you should be selecting either. Your file called 174 I believe to be 'original' firmware. Load both a 162p firmware file and the softcam to your usb stick. See if those become options to then upload to your stb.....the firmware first.

Smash
18-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi

First of all - thanks for your help and patience.

In your earlier post that you said ;

"Then find any recent softcam file for TM or CT"

Is this the case - will a TM softcam work with my CT?

Once the softcam is loaded is that all I need to do to access channels.

captainglassback
18-08-2009, 10:01 AM
In my experience......The Firmware has to be exactly specific to your model BUT any Technomate and Clarke Tech softcams seem to be identical. Also in my experience I have to have a Firmware ending in a p for the softcam to load. So keep an eye open for the latest p firmware, which rarely changes, and look out for latest softcam in either CT or TM sections. Then you are 'up to date'. (Do bear in mind I am not familiar with your receiver so may be it does a whole lot more!).

Smash
06-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm still not sure if my softcam is updating correctly and I'd really appreciate some help please.

I have a ClarkeTech HD5000C Plus

I have firmware version 179p installed

I'm trying to update the softcam but am not sure exactly how to do this.

I go to MENU
Then to STORAGE
Then to DATA TRANSFER

The file list shows the name of the softcam key (currently: Ctech Softcam USB 040909.Key)

The options I have are:
RED Button - Upload NDF
Green Button - Upload Key
Yellow Button - Select Disk

What should I do here and from this point forward?

Micko50
06-09-2009, 11:13 PM
I have a different box but I'm sure they all work the same.

OK, you've got the latest software so download the latest softcam file

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=109088

and unzip it with winrar to your memory stick and transfer the stick to your receiver, just as you did when you updated your software.

Press Menu,

move the cursor to USB,

press OK,

move the cursor to data transfer.

press OK. enter your pin number,

move the cursor to the latest softcam file,

press OK...all done.

The softcam won't open every channel in the world so don't expect it to.

The green button will load your channel list & settings to the memory stick. You can then edit your channels (if you want to) in your PC before loading them back into your receiver.

A good tip is to back up your channels now and then just in case you should ever lose them.