PDA

View Full Version : Is it Possible ?

vpluger58
17-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi,wondered if there are any members who can advise me please. I have a Panasonic TX-32LZD81 with freesat, I have it connected to my pc. On going to Input select and selecting pc mode I can then view anything on pc on the tv. What I would like to know, is whether it is possible in anyway to record anything in that situation onto my HD recorder. Your suggestions and comments would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Giga
17-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Do you have a second tv set? attach that to the HD recorder.
Scart, HDMI, antenne loop-through, HDMI, ...
and see if it gets a video output from the TX-32LZD81 for the pc screen showing, probably not. Don't think TX-32LZD81 converts this to video signal, but uses the signal as it is.
What is the computer output connector used to TX-32LZD81? VGA, DVI, HDMI?
IF DVI you could use a DVI to HDMI adaptor, check the specs (several models, depends the output of the videocard on the computer)
HDMI out from computer to HD recorder and from 2nd HDMI HD recorder to TX-32LZD81. Or perhaps with a powered HDMI splitters 1 input, 2 output . you cannot use HDMI splitters reversed. (2 input, 1 output) damage to equipment
HDMI splitter mail fail to work (handschaking between the 3 deivces) or devices get in HDCP error state. Split signal = copyright violation and devices could decide to block media shown on 1 or both outputdevices.

vpluger58
17-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Do you have a second tv set? attach that to the HD recorder.
Scart, HDMI, antenne loop-through, HDMI, ...
and see if it gets a video output from the TX-32LZD81 for the pc screen showing, probably not. Don't think TX-32LZD81 converts this to video signal, but uses the signal as it is.
What is the computer output connector used to TX-32LZD81? VGA, DVI, HDMI?
IF DVI you could use a DVI to HDMI adaptor, check the specs (several models, depends the output of the videocard on the computer)
HDMI out from computer to HD recorder and from 2nd HDMI HD recorder to TX-32LZD81. Or perhaps with a powered HDMI splitters 1 input, 2 output . you cannot use HDMI splitters reversed. (2 input, 1 output) damage to equipment
HDMI splitter mail fail to work (handschaking between the 3 deivces) or devices get in HDCP error state. Split signal = copyright violation and devices could decide to block media shown on 1 or both outputdevices.Thanks for your reply. The connection from my tv is by a D-Sub 15 pin connector which then feeds into a VGA 2 Video splitter [ used so that I can use my remote keyboard to operate the pc thru the tv]

Giga
18-08-2009, 08:18 AM
what are you trying to record from the PC on the HD recorder?

vpluger58
18-08-2009, 12:20 PM
what are you trying to record from the PC on the HD recorder?movies/sports

Giga
18-08-2009, 02:32 PM
can't you find a program that records this content while it is on your pc screen?

snakie
20-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Fraps

freebe
25-08-2009, 08:01 PM
OK, all LCD lovers ( Panasonic ) does anybody know if there is an Editor for this TV.
What i am looking for is an Editor so i can readout the Settings from the built-in Sat tuner and then Edit them on the PC.
RS232 is on the back of the unit.
The Model is a Panasonic TX-L37GW10

Yes i know it has its own Built-in Ch Editor but thats not what i am looking for.

Thanks for any info on this one.