PDA

View Full Version : SD Picture Quality/Scart?

chrisuk76
18-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Noticed that the picture quality on slow moving images is pretty ok, but on fast moving images like football, it does tend to go a bit grainy.

I have overcome this by selecting cinema mode on my Bravia and this darkens the image slightly and seems to be a bit better.

Has anyone tried connecting the AZBox by scart and check to see how SD sources look by this connection?

Cheers

mb63
18-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Not specific to Bravia or AZbox, but you will see blurring etc on fast moving images (especially on LCD screens) depending on different conections. Plasma is a lot better but you will still see the effect.
It's just the nature of technology.
I think with the evolution of HD, we seem to be looking at picture quality a lot more......... Maybe, all these blurrs and speckles were there before, but we just didn't notice them lol:respect-040:

chrisuk76
18-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Maybe, all these blurrs and speckles were there before, but we just didn't notice them lol:respect-040:

Nope, doesn't happen with DM7020 on same TV!

mb63
18-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Nope, doesn't happen with DM7020 on same TV!

Lol m8, that was just a generalisation comment.

Are all your settings the same?

If they are then it must be down to the box.

chrisuk76
18-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Lol m8, that was just a generalisation comment.

Are all your settings the same?

If they are then it must be down to the box.

Yeah all settings same, so is down to box. Hope they can improve it in the long awaited FW to at least make it same quality as DB.

It doesn't help when being spoiled watching the glorious HD channels, they having to go back to the games that are not in HD.

hfmls
18-08-2009, 11:24 PM
deinterlace method is being rearrenged.

chrisuk76
18-08-2009, 11:57 PM
deinterlace method is being rearrenged.

Great news, that should do the trick :)

Thanks for the info :)