PDA

View Full Version : Still getting macrovision error message

oregon
24-08-2009, 12:07 AM
After all these months and releases of patches, I am still unable to record anything through RGB scart - same old macrovision bug.

I thought this was listed as "fixed" in a firmware update in june?

Is everyone still getting this error?

Thanks

Burnham
24-08-2009, 01:51 PM
1/ Are you getting this all the time, or is it an occasional problem.

2/ Have you tried setting up your recorder to record first, then switchin on AZBox? What happens then.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''
Note: you are correct about this problen supposedly being fixed - Firmware 0.9.2371 said:

"Fixed - SCART -> the output is generally Macrovision protected, even at programs that are not protected.
So Recordings via Scart are not possible."

oregon
24-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Burnham - Since the supposed fix with 2371 firmware, it is now hit and miss.

I have found that it is more likely to happen with RGB than CVBS (but that setting gives inferior PQ)

Sometimes, if you are getting the macrovision message, if you press HOME and bring up the settings menu and then go back to the TV channel you were watching, you no longer get the error message.

But - if you then leave your recorder recording, very often, the macrovision error message pops up at a random time during the programme and the recording is then ruined.

So, this bug has not been fixed.

Burnham
24-08-2009, 10:34 PM
This is another issue on the list of things that Opensat need to fix on the AZBox.

It is particularly dissappointing that they release firmware with a claim that a problem is fixed when it clearly is not.

Would be nice if we could use the Hard Drive/USB to record instead of a separate recorder, but we all know that has problems too.