PDA

View Full Version : Terrestrial tuner and blind scan supported?

heyhey
26-08-2009, 05:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

New here and first post! This Azbox premium almost looked like the perfect box until I found this very informative forum and started to read. But it seems it's all down to the firmware being rather imature. But in time it seems like it will be a great receiver.
What I would like to know is the terrestrial tuner supported in the firmware yet? Also there was mention in a couple of posts about blind scanning may be implemented. Has this been done? With searching for feeds it's sort of essential.

Cheers.

xanadu
26-08-2009, 07:42 AM
DVB-T works if you can find a tuner.

No Blind Scan.

satwyn
26-08-2009, 09:32 AM
I did also mention blind scan but the reply I got was not of any use more important issues to be getting on with

heyhey
26-08-2009, 11:41 AM
I thought I've seen the DVT tuners available but then maybe they're not?

So is the blind scan only a firmware feature that needs to be implemented or does the hardware need to be capable and is it?

Blindscan is a common feature in other boxes these days and makes feed chasing easier.

Cheers guys.

Taykun
26-08-2009, 01:00 PM
i have dvb-t tuner and it works ok

Tiptronic
26-08-2009, 06:05 PM
what's the other input connection for? I thought we were waiting for firmware to make it work.

xanadu
26-08-2009, 06:07 PM
what's the other input connection for? I thought we were waiting for firmware to make it work.
What Input?

Firmware already works with DVB-T and DVB-C.

Tiptronic
26-08-2009, 06:12 PM
What Input?

Firmware already works with DVB-T and DVB-C.

how do you use it?

xanadu
26-08-2009, 06:16 PM
If you have the right firmware the tuners are detected, and you get options to scan those extra services.

Tiptronic
26-08-2009, 06:22 PM
no doesnt it have the tuner already? :D

xanadu
26-08-2009, 06:31 PM
no doesnt it have the tuner already? :D

No.

You only get one DVB-S/S2 tuner as standard.

If you look around there are some dealers selling DVB-T tuners, actually in stock, unlike the sponsor here.

zeini
26-08-2009, 06:32 PM
My azboxhd works fine with DVB-S2 and DVB-T.

Other peoples reported that also DVB-C is working.

Tiptronic
26-08-2009, 06:42 PM
No.

You only get one DVB-S/S2 tuner as standard.

If you look around there are some dealers selling DVB-T tuners, actually in stock, unlike the sponsor here.

Appearantly that connection I meant was 'Samsung UHF-Tuner', whatever thats supposed to be.

AJR
26-08-2009, 07:15 PM
But are these T tuners T2 ?

Or are they a cheaper substitute of T only

Did opensat realise that they could sell T and then also sell T2 later..

The publicity said..

# Smart Tuner Support
# DVB-S2 / S from the factory
# DVB-T2 / T, DVB-C2 / C, ISDB-T optional

But !!!!

FME_fta
26-08-2009, 07:53 PM
But are these T tuners T2 ?

Or are they a cheaper substitute of T only

Did opensat realise that they could sell T and then also sell T2 later..

The publicity said..

# Smart Tuner Support
# DVB-S2 / S from the factory
# DVB-T2 / T, DVB-C2 / C, ISDB-T optional

But !!!!

It can be hard to say, does DVB-T2 or DVB-C2 are being used in broadcasts.
DVB-T2 and DVB-C2 is just too new.

Regards!

AJR
26-08-2009, 08:26 PM
DVB-T2 and DVB-C2 is just too new.

Very good point.

It was just that 'DVB-S2 / S' are both in one unit, so 'DVB-T2 / T' implys that also is one unit.. but knowing opensat past performance, they may now be saying that they are separate (T now... T2 whenever / if ever)

I think I have now learnt my lesson ..... wait until something is non beta / tried and tested before parting with any money :p

FME_fta
26-08-2009, 08:51 PM
I guess all the tuner DVB-T2 or DVB-C2 are compatible with the old (not so old :D ) standard DVB-T and DVB-C.

One interesting thing, many TVs only have one tuner and many say that they are compatible with DVB-T and DVB-C. I don't think this TVs use a dual tuner (one coaxial cable in to a dual tuner inside commuted by an option to use DVB-T or DVB-C).
If this TVs really use just 1 tuner, why STB tuners can't also work for DVB-T and DVB-C at the same time? Because they want to sell more tuners?

Regards!