PDA

View Full Version : Diseqc switch / Tuner ?

psykix
17-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Do you have a link to the Autotimer plugin?

I used to have a DM800, and was told that the autotimer plugin was not compatible. Have ordered DM8000 which should be here tomorrow, so looking forward to some fun.. And a big challenge to get the missus to use it instead of a Sky HD box or the Humax Foxsat HDR which she is currently using...

Want to try to end up with a one box solution!

Also, anyone know if I can add another DVB-S2 tuner? That way, I can have one connected to my 1m motorised dish, and the other 2 to my Sky fixed dish..

Cheers..

oldfart
17-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Also, anyone know if I can add another DVB-S2 tuner? That way, I can have one connected to my 1m motorised dish, and the other 2 to my Sky fixed dish.. Cheers..

Additional tuneras are NOT available for the DM8k.
You can use both tuners (there are 2 already) - one for the motor and the other to fixed dish(es) if you have more than 1 fixed dish - use a DiSEqC switch.

psykix
17-08-2009, 09:49 PM
What's the point of 2 extra plug and play slots then?

I ideally wanted 2 x DVB-S2 on my fixed Sky dish, and another DVB-S2 on my 1m motorised dish. Are you saying that this is not possible?

I guess the other option is to add a dual LNB to my motorised dish then.. Just means another cable run! Probably costs about the same in the long run actually!

dubious
17-08-2009, 10:24 PM
There are additional tuners available for the 8k just not DVB-s2 yet, I have 4 in mine, the additional 2 are C and T tuners.

You can achieve what you want to do with just 2 DVB-s2 tuners by using a diseqc switch on one of them. The diseqc switch will have your motor on port A and a feed from your sky dish on port B, the other tuner you can just connect another feed from your sky dish.

psykix
18-08-2009, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'll probably come back to you later today to work out how to configure that.. Whilst I am comfortable with Dreamboxes, I've never used or set up a diseqc switch!

dave3dg
18-08-2009, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'll probably come back to you later today to work out how to configure that.. Whilst I am comfortable with Dreamboxes, I've never used or set up a diseqc switch!

Just try this one m8 .

dave

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=98998

psykix
18-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Thanks for that...

Read through the thread.. What will that ultimately give me then, with a diseqc, 1 x motorised input, and 2 x fixed 28.2 inputs?

Struggling to get my head around how it works....

oldfart
18-08-2009, 11:44 AM
With a diseqc switch, you send a command to the switch (from the dreambox) to change which input to get data from. You can get multiple port switches. For example I have 1 motor & 3 fixed dishes on one tuner - all fed from a diseqc switch.
There is one cable going from the dreambox to the switch and then as many out to dishes as there are connectors available on the switch. Its easy (really).
HTH

psykix
19-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Right, I'm up and running - but now I have some questions!

At the moment, I have just configured Tuner A on my motorised dish, with Tuner B set to nothing connected.

I'm running Oozoon.

I have my white card working just fine in the box - manually installed cccam and newcs etc...

I installed crossEPG.

Now the questions!!

I'm still baffled about the diseqc thing.. At the moment I have Tuner B empty, and a Sky dish with 2 x LNB feeds next to the DM8000.

I want to be able to basically replace my Humax HDR (missus uses it) so therefore need to be able to watch one channel, record another etc.. and also need series link. I looked into Autotimer, but could not figure it out!!

I have my full EPG on Sky UK and Sky ITA using crossEPG..

Where do I go from here?

Thanks for your patience guys!

psykix
19-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Oh.. and permanent timeshift doesn't seem to work - unless I am doing something wrong? I have it enabled, but when I press rewind on the remote nowt happens.. Bet I'm being a dolt here...

Ta!

oldfart
19-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Right, I'm up and running - but now I have some questions!

At the moment, I have just configured Tuner A on my motorised dish, with Tuner B set to nothing connected.

I'm running Oozoon.

I have my white card working just fine in the box - manually installed cccam and newcs etc...

I installed crossEPG.

Now the questions!!

I'm still baffled about the diseqc thing.. At the moment I have Tuner B empty, and a Sky dish with 2 x LNB feeds next to the DM8000.

I want to be able to basically replace my Humax HDR (missus uses it) so therefore need to be able to watch one channel, record another etc.. and also need series link. I looked into Autotimer, but could not figure it out!!

I have my full EPG on Sky UK and Sky ITA using crossEPG..

Where do I go from here?

Thanks for your patience guys!

Hope a picture helps

also this lot is TOTALLY off topic - have a look at:-
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114721

psykix
19-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks, I'll have to get a diseqc switch first. The pic makes it easy :-)

Right, I ditched Oozoon - it was doing some odd stuff like rebooting and deleting my /var/bin folder...

I am now running Newnigma, and it is all perfect apart from crossEPG not working. It downloads all the data, and saves it, but I get no EPG which I presume is because I need to patch enigma2.

Anyone know how to do this on Newnigma??

Permanent timeshift, I did tell it to save the file... I have HDD and CF.. will try again with Newnigma :-)

Cheers maties!

psykix
25-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Right, maybe I am being totally thick here...

If I plug the cable from motorised dish, and one of the feeds from the fixed dish into the diseqc I bought, and feed that into Tuner A, what does that give me that is any better than having just the feed from the motorised dish plugged in?

(The other feed from the fixed dish is in Tuner B)

Surely since it is only a single tuner, then it is going to make no difference? Or am I missing the point here?

oldfart
25-08-2009, 08:23 PM
New post for this - so others can follow (wrong heading)... MODS

psykix
31-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Mate, you replied to my post on VIP board also..

Forgive me if I am being stupid here, but since the 2 x tuners on the DM8000 are single tuners, then how do I gain anything by using the diseqc switch? (I invested in a Spaun diseqc switch)

The tuner can only tune to one transponder at a time anyway?

I seem to be going around in circles, and not getting definitive answers..

DM800 DVB-S2 tuners are available from **** Germany for around 44 euro, so I was wondering if I can fit one to the DM8000 to give 3 tuners in total?

I think I may end up just buying one and trying it out at this rate!

Oldfart, thanks for taking the time to reply :-)

oldfart
31-08-2009, 10:12 PM
1. There are NO DM800 DVB-S2 available at the moment (I emailed DM Germany 3 weeks ago).

2. Explain what the problem is please.
With 2 tuners and 2 Diseqc switches - you can have 8 dishes! But OBVIOUSLY you can only watch 1 and record 1 other at the same time.

Giga
01-09-2009, 07:15 AM
each tuner needs it's own LNB if you want all channels available to the tuner
if you connect the motorised lnb to 1 tuner (taken care of 1)
if you want tuners 2 & 3 only to have access on 28,2°E you need a twin lnb for this purpose. At this point in time you would not need a diseqc switch.
diseqc switch comes in to play if you want to have access with 1 tuner (2 or 3) to fixed satellite positions 28.2°E, 23.5°E, 19.2°E.
if you only want this on tuner 2 you would need two aditional single lnb's and one switch.
If you want this on tuner 2 and 3 you need twin lnb's and a diseqc switch for each tuner (2 & 3)
if you want all satellite postions and all channels on each tuner: a motorised dish for each tuner.

psykix
01-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Right, that explains it - I need a 3rd tuner which I will have to wait for then..

I want a motorised on Tuner A (missus never uses that) and the 2 feeds from my fixed 28.2deg dish on Tuner B and Tuner C...

(I want to be able to record up to 2 channels at the same time from the fixed dish, and still be able to use the motorised dish)

So the diseqc is not needed!!

Giga
01-09-2009, 08:18 AM
diseqc switches would be for the future if you want to expand the fixed LNB's on tuner B & C
my small dish farm (still in progress) (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=646296)

dubious
01-09-2009, 09:26 AM

I think it is, let me try and explain my setup.

I have 1 motorised dish and 1 fixed dish with 3 twin LNBs which are 28, 19 and 13.

So I have a 4 way diseqc on tuner 1, port a is the motorised, port b is hotbird, port c is astra 19 and port d is astra 28. So on tuner 1 those 3 sats are setup to use the 3 fixed LNBs and NOT the motor.

Tuner 2 also has a 4 port switch and is just setup to use the 3 fixed LNBs as with tuner1.

The advantage is that my motorised dish can be parked up on say 30 west but I can still use the 2 fixed LNBs for example to record 1 chan from 28 and watch another from 28 without my motorised having to move from it's parked position at 30w.

For all the other sats we may be able to view I find the majority of recording is done from 28 so the above set is in my opinion good as it saves the motorised dish jumping about all the time.

Probably 3 tuners is the ideal setup for what you want to do but until then the above setup is a good compromise.

oldfart
01-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Right, that explains it - I need a 3rd tuner which I will have to wait for then..

I want a motorised on Tuner A (missus never uses that) and the 2 feeds from my fixed 28.2deg dish on Tuner B and Tuner C...

(I want to be able to record up to 2 channels at the same time from the fixed dish, and still be able to use the motorised dish)

The DM8k has been out for 9 months and still no additional tuner ... might be better to re-think your strategy? (get another box)

psykix
01-09-2009, 12:13 PM
The whole point was to end up with a one box solution!

I just got rid of :-

1 x Sky HD box
1 x Humax Foxsat HDR
1 x Qbox HD

And still have 1 x Sky HD and 1 x Sky+ and my DM8000!!

psykix
01-09-2009, 04:57 PM
According to IHAD forum, DM800 DVB-S2 tuners work in the DM8000, but without warranty.

I may well give one a try since they are available on a German auction site :-p

By the way Oldfart, you sure get around the forums!! :-p

oldfart
01-09-2009, 05:22 PM
No diving today :001_07: back to it tomorrow :)

oldfart
03-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Have you looked on the VIP forum - answered ... NO
_http://www.dm8000-vip.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2691