PDA

View Full Version : Azbox Premium HDD issue

j911
27-08-2009, 07:03 PM
I have recently purchased a hitachi 1TB hdd which isn't being recognised by the box. I have tried flashing different images using USB which flash ok, but internet update always fails at 99% whereas before it used to work fine.

What could be the problem?

ranfurlyray
28-08-2009, 09:44 AM
I have the same problem. Just installed a new Seagate pipeline 1tb drive, but also installed the latest firmware. Not sure which is causing the problem.

xanadu
28-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Try going back to a very early version of firmware, such as 91387 and see if that works.

If it works then just upgrade back to 92880 which is last good version.

Most people seem to be Samsung drives.

j911
29-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Well I checked other forums and it's definitely on the list of compatible hdd's for the Azbox.

After the update to 0.9.3 latest version the box is completely haywire. I did downgrade as far back as suggested by xanadu, but no more downloading of updates from the internet as they keep failing at 99%. Flashing from usb works though, factory reset didnt do much good either in detecting hdd.

Anyhow long story short, seeing as the box doesnt truly support twin tuners and buggy firmware = I got myself a cuberevo twin tuner hd pvr running E2.... life is good again :)

pr2
30-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Hello,

Yes downgrade is broken with the latest firmware 0.9.3180 (which is no longer available).

So you need to downgrade via USB.
Download on your PC the patch.bin for firmware 0.9.2880 copy it to a USB stick connect it to your Azbox and reboot it.

This has nothing to do with the internal HDD...

Pr2

AcWxRADAR
01-09-2009, 06:54 PM
I am currently using two HDD's. One is internal - a Samsung HD502HI 500GB HD, the other is an external HDD via USB which is a Maxtor OneTouch 750GB HD (p/n 9NT2A6-500).

In order to get both to operate, I had to delete the partition of each HDD via the STORAGE menu options of the AZBox and then reformat it. I simply let the AZBox do this all on its own (no support from my PC in any manner).

This is working very well and I can select either device to record/playback and I am able to move/copy the recorded programs between the two drives.

I began this with the original image (firmware) that my AZBox came with. I cannot recall what this version was, but I believe it was 19XX. I now have image 0.9.2880 installed.

RADAR