PDA

View Full Version : file extensions that play

iwols
02-09-2009, 03:54 PM
hi all after 3 days trying to sort out what file extensions play ok and what dont here are my conclusions

1 idont have any conclusions.....some vobs play some dont.some avis play some dont,some mkv play some dont.....i think you get the picture ....tried alsorts of converters but theres no common link ,,,can anyone had there thoughts opinions etc....ps all these files play perfect on the pc:frown:

Giga
02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
you can use a tool like media info:

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en
it will tell you the used audio & video codec in the media files. So you know what to use and what not to use while converting other files.

iwols
02-09-2009, 04:13 PM
thanks for that will try but been trying gspot without any common thing

Giga
02-09-2009, 04:25 PM
take in account some combinations don't play well (video+sound or some compression rates?)

satstarter
02-09-2009, 06:03 PM
for your information

azbox premium sw 0.9.3177 mounted hdd WD 1tb on wxp pc

plays :
iso - yes only problems are the subs
avi - yes without problems
mkv - yes without problems
mpg - yes without problems (only not possible to jump forw -no seek because theres no video pid in my mpg files)
ts - yes nice so i can see my DM recordings

and this is goin over my network

greets

chrisuk76
02-09-2009, 10:50 PM
When is the lan transfer speed going to be fixed? Can't watch any of the 1080p MKV's or even large 720p MKV's from my Nas, its getting a bit annoying!

iwols
02-09-2009, 11:19 PM
thanks satstarter im using 9.2371 fw,maybe thats the probs...been told not to use 9.3177,its full of bugs ,how are you finding it please

kebien
02-09-2009, 11:20 PM
yes you do have video pid in your mpeg file as well as audio pid.
How do you think you can multiplex an mpeg file if the data is not into a stream pid?
A TS define any video and audio pid using another pid and table (PMT),but an mpeg use predefined pids.

satstarter
03-09-2009, 03:54 PM
yes you do have video pid in your mpeg file as well as audio pid.
How do you think you can multiplex an mpeg file if the data is not into a stream pid?
A TS define any video and audio pid using another pid and table (PMT),but an mpeg use predefined pids.

oke but the mpg files i have are made from ts files
i do it with videoredo
take a dm recording.ts cut the commercials out and i have a mpg movie without commercials now i play them on azbox and then the seek function is not possible ;) because no ..pid according azbox

thanks satstarter im using 9.2371 fw,maybe thats the probs...been told not to use 9.3177,its full of bugs ,how are you finding it please

i'm finding there's not much improvement between de SW's
but also not more bugs then before
i only find that there's to little progress in devolpment
my azbox is working pretty wel only what's for me important is good epg
good recording with CCcam and good working subs in iso or dvd files;)

iwols
03-09-2009, 04:11 PM
thanks gonna try the upgraded fw later

iwols
03-09-2009, 10:55 PM
woops no i cant 93177 doesnt exist anymore

satstarter
04-09-2009, 11:42 AM
how about this ??

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114755

iwols
04-09-2009, 11:45 AM
thanks

kebien
04-09-2009, 12:38 PM
oke but the mpg files i have are made from ts files
i do it with videoredo
take a dm recording.ts cut the commercials out and i have a mpg movie without commercials now i play them on azbox and then the seek function is not possible ;) because no ..pid according azbox

i'm finding there's not much improvement between de SW's
but also not more bugs then before
i only find that there's to little progress in devolpment
my azbox is working pretty wel only what's for me important is good epg
good recording with CCcam and good working subs in iso or dvd files;)

Then don;t do it with videoredo,use other method,a lot simpler : demultiplex the TS file into audio and video,then multiplex using any multiplexer,that should give you ability to fast forward and rewind.
Cut the commercials after this.
The problem can be the file itself,rather than the box.
Did you try any OTHER mpeg file in the box but from videoredo?
I see no problems with those.
(beside,anyone that tells you an mpeg file has no pids,doesn;t really know what is saying)

satstarter
04-09-2009, 02:12 PM
(beside,anyone that tells you an mpeg file has no pids,doesn;t really know what is saying)

lol.... tell that to my azbox but he's not saying anything back :sifone:

its actually my azbox that is saying
error seek not possible because no video pid ;)